FIRST 5 GAMES OF THE SEASON

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

Re: FIRST 5 GAMES OF THE SEASON

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:14 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:44 pm

Did you win?
We did. Convincingly too. 4-0.

And next Sunday it all starts again for the season. Bring it on. I’m doing a younger team this season though (U15) because this years U16 team have been coached every season by one of the players dads. So obviously he wants to carry on with them. But today’s game was our last year team if that all makes sense.

They’ve been great this last week. Still on holiday from school and asked if they could do extra training all last week. Great attitude imo. Failure not an option with that lot.
Congratulations.

When my son played Football and he/they won something,I would be well proud.I bet,you being the coach gives you an amazing buzz when you win silverware.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:54 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:14 am

We did. Convincingly too. 4-0.

And next Sunday it all starts again for the season. Bring it on. I’m doing a younger team this season though (U15) because this years U16 team have been coached every season by one of the players dads. So obviously he wants to carry on with them. But today’s game was our last year team if that all makes sense.

They’ve been great this last week. Still on holiday from school and asked if they could do extra training all last week. Great attitude imo. Failure not an option with that lot.
Congratulations.

When my son played Football and he/they won something,I would be well proud.I bet,you being the coach gives you an amazing buzz when you win silverware.
Best drug on the market mate. There's always 3 competitions to play for. The League. The League Cup and the big one which is district cup. So there's usually at least one pot in the clubhouse at the end of the season. Any excuse for a few beers with the parents. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 10:36 am
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:55 am

You mean you were sacked😀. Seriously though, it's good you had dedicated players, when I coached there was often 4 or 5 who turned up for training when they felt like it and it was often when the game part was to begin. Solved that problem, stopped doing it at the same time. After that any constant offenders didn't start the official game regardless of how good they thought they were.

Enjoyed it though, nice to see them develope from ball chasers to a team unit. Needed a lot of patience and understanding though.
When the axe falls mate. ;) Seriously it's the coaches of the really young kids, say up to 10 who are the ones who need the patience. By the time they reach 15 they only carry on with the game if they love playing it. A lot of the very young kids are only there because their parents tell them to be, if you get my drift. Best thing about the age group I do is that they are interested in the tactical side of the game and are very receptive to different systems and so on. I'm in my 60s now and consider myself lucky to be able to still do it. Haven't a scooby what I'd do with my Sunday mornings and Tuesday evenings, which is when we normally play and train when I have to give it up.
Yes, I was with the same group from 9 years up until they reached 16 . It was knuckle biting stuff for the first year or two. You yourself were also on a learning curve.

Anyway I achieved my goals and have happily given it up.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest