Taking the knee......again.

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Taking the knee......again.

Post by palerider »

So the PL have declared that this magnificent gesture is to be watered down and only take place in a few games.

I'm outraged. Surely they must know that society is still so blatantly racist. Just look at the Lionesses win. A token couple of minutes for a black heroine to time waste and the entire country rejoices. I bet they all had her tugging her forlock afterwards saying 'Yassum Missy'.

Septimus, Cordelia, Larksong and myself are on our way to Stoke right now to tear down the statue of Stanley Matthews. Very apt as he played in a time when our black brothers and sisters were still sold as slaves in northern towns.

Cordelia will of course be wearing nothing but a flimsy grass skirt as homage to African tribal wear. In fact she's already got changed.

Septimus has filled the tank with sunflower oil and will be doing the driving as I'm going through a full packet of wet-wipes at the moment.

BlackDiamond

Re: Taking the knee......again.

Post by BlackDiamond »

The players have decided via their Captain's representations to phase out their participations.

It's not a case of some societal enlightenment, more a sneaking suspicion that a ritual that at first offered a bit of demonstrative virtuous awakenment was now a tad a bit of a bore.

And regardless of commitments made after project restart, uncool is definitely uncool in any multi millionaire:s language.

It was fun...but not real fun

deanox

Post by deanox »

IMO Its time to stop the kneeling.
Keep the badge on the sleeve and help your local communities whatever their race/religion etc.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:47 am So the PL have declared that this magnificent gesture is to be watered down and only take place in a few games.

I'm outraged. Surely they must know that society is still so blatantly racist. Just look at the Lionesses win. A token couple of minutes for a black heroine to time waste and the entire country rejoices. I bet they all had her tugging her forlock afterwards saying 'Yassum Missy'.

Septimus, Cordelia, Larksong and myself are on our way to Stoke right now to tear down the statue of Stanley Matthews. Very apt as he played in a time when our black brothers and sisters were still sold as slaves in northern towns.

Cordelia will of course be wearing nothing but a flimsy grass skirt as homage to African tribal wear. In fact she's already got changed.

Septimus has filled the tank with sunflower oil and will be doing the driving as I'm going through a full packet of wet-wipes at the moment.
A sad indictment of today's society my learned friend.
I'm on my way to the commonwealth games with laquitia, Muktar, Bohemia and Sissy to protest at the use of the words "Black Country" in reference to the location just outside Brum.
We've donned our luminous mankinis and fake afro wigs and hope to stick ourselves to the floodlights during tonight's proceedings.
Needs must I'm afraid.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:00 pm IMO Its time to stop the kneeling.
Keep the badge on the sleeve and help your local communities whatever their race/religion etc.
Well said that man.

But I’m afraid while we still have knuckleheads in our midst who consider Everyone concerned about things like global warming are left wing commie agitators the powers that be will continue to insist such stupid rituals remain.

Dumbing down to the lowest and stupidest in society I think it’s called.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

The virtue signalling dicks think that "less is more"...so only on special occasions...in fact none is even better than less, its gone way beyond embarassing

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62404611

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:24 pm The virtue signalling dicks think that "less is more"...so only on special occasions...in fact none is even better than less, its gone way beyond embarassing

On many sporting subjects on the BBC,they have HYS(have your say),but funny enough,they don't have it on this subject..I wonder why? :roll:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:33 pm
Rick_Deckard wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:24 pm The virtue signalling dicks think that "less is more"...so only on special occasions...in fact none is even better than less, its gone way beyond embarassing

On many sporting subjects on the BBC,they have HYS(have your say),but funny enough,they don't have it on this subject..I wonder why? :roll:
because of the likely barrage of get-fucked comments...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:33 pm

Bloody obvious Terry. Too many boneheads both ends of the spectrum to have a sensible adult discussion about issues concerning racism or imagined racism.

On one side you’ve got the nutters that want to ban words like blackboard and blackmail and on the other the brain dead fools who don’t accept the reason they can’t get a job is because they are thickish and not because some Hungarian geezer can speak better Englishthan them.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Noni

Post by Noni »

Personally they should of ended this after a year, what the police did was wrong IMHO in the US. Taking the knee showed support to those victims that got foolishly murdered for nothing. You cannot change society over night.

What confuses me amongst blacks. Some of us during our childhood got bullied in some shape or form. Does a black person call this racism ?

Strange!!!