West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:34 am Amazingly,it could be the same team that started against Leicester City away 2 years ago a couple of games into the season.

It begs believe,considering our PL form since January would have us in 14th.

Yes,they have signed a few players,but not enough.The squad is weaker now than it was at the end of the last game of the season.

From what we have seen in pre season,it doesn't leave me too optimistic about the up coming season.It doesn't matter who you are,staleness sets in,when you have got the same old players whether you are successful or not.

We should have known our targets before the season even ended and it should have been all in place a week before the new season started. Between Moyes and the board,they have failed us.

0-4 City.
Totally agreed with you there, we only done half of our homework in GK, central defender, central midfielder and a striker BUT we wasted too long on left back, left attacking winger and another central midfielder which is why Man City are licking their lips to do attacking on our left side area as it is far too weak as shown in 2 previous pre-season games. Cresswell is not strong enough and Fornals is bloody too slow in pace and always pass back to Cressie. Should have done that in June!!! Which is why I put West Ham to lose 1-4 to Man City in my predictions.

Had Moyes got the 2 left sided players done, I would be more confident of a draw against Man City.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:18 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:34 am Amazingly,it could be the same team that started against Leicester City away 2 years ago a couple of games into the season.

It begs believe,considering our PL form since January would have us in 14th.

Yes,they have signed a few players,but not enough.The squad is weaker now than it was at the end of the last game of the season.

From what we have seen in pre season,it doesn't leave me too optimistic about the up coming season.It doesn't matter who you are,staleness sets in,when you have got the same old players whether you are successful or not.

We should have known our targets before the season even ended and it should have been all in place a week before the new season started. Between Moyes and the board,they have failed us.

0-4 City.
So Terry what happened to your comment which you often made last season that our first team choice was good enough for top four?

And whilst I think city will win on Sunday I don’t really see that there would be a problem with the side that took the field against Leicester in the game you mentioned. My recollection of that is that we won three nil very comfortably. And that was against a team and a manager a lot of people were holding up as a wonderful example of everything that was good about football.
It all depends on the context on making that point?Can you put it on here has you have found it?
Whatever is said,this squad is not good enough to take us forward this year,will it?
And I have ALWAYS made that point..Five substitutes THIS season and a World Cup will make a hell of a difference this year.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Is this one a real season ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Post by 9898 »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 2:33 pm Is this one a real season ?
Yes. Hence the real pre season and the real pre season performances.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

palerider

Post by palerider »

I think we'll lose 11-0.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:02 pm I think we'll lose 11-0.
A little bit excessive pale I initially went for 7-1 but after seeing them play against the bin dippers I've reduced it to 5-1.
I have every confidence with our well practiced tactics and well tried starting 11, it will have city confused on how they are going to play against us. On the other hand they could look back on 30 odd games from last season that used exactly the same tactics we will use on Sunday and probably very close to the starting 11 from most games last season.
Anyway I predict a tonking....

palerider

Post by palerider »

andyginbrasil wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:11 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:02 pm I think we'll lose 11-0.
A little bit excessive pale I initially went for 7-1 but after seeing them play against the bin dippers I've reduced it to 5-1.
I have every confidence with our well practiced tactics and well tried starting 11, it will have city confused on how they are going to play against us. On the other hand they could look back on 30 odd games from last season that used exactly the same tactics we will use on Sunday and probably very close to the starting 11 from most games last season.
Anyway I predict a tonking....
We may get a consolation.

But Frankenstein's monster was worryingly awful against the victims so I've got him down to score 5. Two headers, a left-footer, a right-footer and one off the bolt in his neck.

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:43 pm
Like the Avram Grant pre-season was?

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 3:43 pm
I suppose you watched 20secs of our pre season games and came up with that.

Anyone who bases predictions on pre season games is an idiot.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Difficult game to call, although I did - predicted 0-2 loss - as the team can only get better. Maybe Sunday will see a rewind to the form of six months past or maybe not.

Looking at the runners and riders, Liverpool will be very strong and a tight contest will depend on Man City getting big performances out of Haaland and 8/10s from Grealish rather than last seasons 6/10s.

3rd and 4th looks like a tussel between Tottenham and Arsenal with Chelsea and Man U scrapping for 5th.

Relegation looks like Fulham,Leeds and Bournemouth with bumpy rides for Everton,Brentford,Southampton.

First manager dismissed - Jesse Marsch or Super Frankie Frankenstein himself

Where will West Ham finish ? god knows, between 6th-15th. Three decent first XI signings would raise outcomes enormously.

Will DM continue for the whole season ? Yes
Should DM continue for the whole season ? Take a wild guess...