Bookmark this post

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Bookmark this post

Post by garnett »

9898 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:16 pm
deanox wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:04 am

Let's give the lad some time, like we did with Bowen. My only concern is he is a GSB buy and not a moyes pick.... If so he could be a bench warmer and get no real chance !
Watched 20 seconds of clips on the fella. He ain't gonna make it.
I haven't seen any clips nor do I want to, I believe he is a good player as I did Haller and here lies my problem, our problem is giving him the best possible service or he will be like Haller, isolated. Antonio had the best last years squad could give him but fucked the vast majority.
The lesser spotted moyes doesn't want to change what he professes his counter attacking formula is an outdated format I believe.
One last question come Man City how many of last seasons squad will start ?

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

garnett wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:49 pm

I haven't seen any clips nor do I want to, I believe he is a good player as I did Haller and here lies my problem, our problem is giving him the best possible service or he will be like Haller, isolated. Antonio had the best last years squad could give him but fucked the vast majority.
The lesser spotted moyes doesn't want to change what he professes his counter attacking formula is an outdated format I believe.

garnett

Post by garnett »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 1:55 pm

That's what I think

JayK

Post by JayK »

Def 11. Aguerd is injured, Fabs is still Moyes number 1 keeper, Downes is back up, and Moyes is so set in his ways and takes a long time to earn his trust that Antonio will start. It’ll take a few cup games for Moyes to trust Scamacca
COYI!!!

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

It is ridiculous making a positive or negative judgement based on a short video of highlights.

My main observations would be does Roberto Mancini the Italy manager rate him? I guess he does as he has capped him 7 times, with only 2 starts, remembering that he is only 23, that seems hopeful. Seria A is probably the most physical league after the Premier League and he seemed to have thrived there, all be it only for one season. To score 16 goals in a defensive dominated League from just 25 starts (plus 11 sub appearances) last season, would suggest to me that there is a good chance he'll prove to be decent. I believe that none of them were penalties, so a goal every 135 minutes seems a decent return. Lots of people were praising Tammy Abraham last year, he scored 1 more goal than Gianlucca, whilst playing for a much better side. Tammy played almost a thousand more minutes and some of his goals were from penalties. So overall I'm quietly optimistic about our boy.

My biggest concern is that in all of last season, he didn't provide a single assist!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:43 am It is ridiculous making a positive or negative judgement based on a short video of highlights.

My main observations would be does Roberto Mancini the Italy manager rate him? I guess he does as he has capped him 7 times, with only 2 starts, remembering that he is only 23, that seems hopeful. Seria A is probably the most physical league after the Premier League and he seemed to have thrived there, all be it only for one season. To score 16 goals in a defensive dominated League from just 25 starts (plus 11 sub appearances) last season, would suggest to me that there is a good chance he'll prove to be decent. I believe that none of them were penalties, so a goal every 135 minutes seems a decent return. Lots of people were praising Tammy Abraham last year, he scored 1 more goal than Gianlucca, whilst playing for a much better side. Tammy played almost a thousand more minutes and some of his goals were from penalties. So overall I'm quietly optimistic about our boy.

My biggest concern is that in all of last season, he didn't provide a single assist!
Personally I think assist stats can be very misleading as they rely on the ability, or lack thereof, of others to achieve a decent total. A midfielder could set up 4 or 5 opportunities for a striker but if they are not converted, no assist. Doesn't mean the poor old midfielder isn't doing his job.

Statistics tell part of the story but are a long way from being the be all and end all. Stats are a very good indicator of ability in sports like baseball but in a highly mobile sport like football we shouldn't place too much weight on them imo. I make you right about video clips. If you should bump into a certain Mr Redknapp down in Dorset you might like to mention that to him. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:19 am
dorsetdano wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:43 am It is ridiculous making a positive or negative judgement based on a short video of highlights.

Personally I think assist stats can be very misleading as they rely on the ability, or lack thereof, of others to achieve a decent total. A midfielder could set up 4 or 5 opportunities for a striker but if they are not converted, no assist. Doesn't mean the poor old midfielder isn't doing his job.

Statistics tell part of the story but are a long way from being the be all and end all. Stats are a very good indicator of ability in sports like baseball but in a highly mobile sport like football we shouldn't place too much weight on them imo. I make you right about video clips. If you should bump into a certain Mr Redknapp down in Dorset you might like to mention that to him. ;)
Don’t tell Numbnuts, she bases her opinion on 20secs of you tube videos. 😂😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Doubling down on this one.
This boy will be as por as Zaza.
Losing your job type signing.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

1st goal for club, big improvement on Zaza who some eejit on here compared him too.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:25 pm 1st goal for club, big improvement on Zaza who some eejit on here compared him too.
Did you watch last night? Awful performance from him. Could not control or pass the ball. Terrible, terrible player.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."