Longello

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Longello

Post by garnett »

He isn't going to be used full stop and I think the whole Academy now knows where they stand under this manager, the first of many I fear and I don't blame them.

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:27 pm He isn't going to be used full stop and I think the whole Academy now knows where they stand under this manager, the first of many I fear and I don't blame them.
Yep. They can look at Ben Johnson to see where they stand

garnett

Post by garnett »

Yep, perfect example, he cannot command a starting position when all are fit, a perfect utility player.

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:41 pm Yep, perfect example, he cannot command a starting position when all are fit, a perfect utility player.
34 games last season....or would you prefer to 'flog him to death' (your words)

garnett

Post by garnett »

He was because moyes didn't have anyone else.
It has become quite clear that we are poles apart concerning most thing's West Ham but we both want what is best for our club.
I actually don't come on here to debate I don't really have the time, I want to give my opinion which I will continue doing, I'm flattered that you quoted me it showed that someone took the trouble to read what I had to say.
You have a nice day and I will continue my birthday break in Skiathos, home Thursday hopefully we have signed someone exceptional, a next level player.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I had to check it on Wikipedia but Moyes WAS the manager that gave a 16 year old Wayne Rooney his debut. That didn't turn out bad did it ?

True, the ugly young fucker probably had the ability that even Moyes couldn't ignore but since then I can't remember him taking a chance on anybody outside an already established starting place and under 21.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:56 pm I had to check it on Wikipedia but Moyes WAS the manager that gave a 16 year old Wayne Rooney his debut. That didn't turn out bad did it ?

True, the ugly young fucker probably had the ability that even Moyes couldn't ignore but since then I can't remember him taking a chance on anybody outside an already established starting place and under 21.
That might be the case, but his present actions don't really tally with what he has said. And to make excuses for him, since his return we have fought off relegation, and had two relatively successful seasons, while understanding the first, the second begs the question, is he too cautious ( a kinder way of saying afraid) to take chances.

It could be argued he did that in the last game of the group stage in the EL, but did he really?!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

palerider wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:56 pm I had to check it on Wikipedia but Moyes WAS the manager that gave a 16 year old Wayne Rooney his debut. That didn't turn out bad did it ?

Ross Barkley too I believe.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Think we have to face facts that our academy might not be all it’s cracked up to be.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

They must be doing some things right in the academy, you only have to look at where the youth sides finished in the table.
The trouble with the lemur is he's shit scared of trying anything. If it went tits up, he might have to fork out on a player and he wouldn't want to upset shortarse.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.