Lingard

Chat about anything football related here!
Rick_Deckard

Re: Lingard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"And I'm pretty sure it's not just West Ham fans who lose all sense of reality during the transfer windows."

its not just transfer windows, its as good as all and every season !...

palerider

Post by palerider »

The odds on him joining Brighton were slashed to 9/2 last night after he was seen in an LA bar wearing a leather biker jacket over a white vest, dancing to 'In the Navy' with some geezer who plays for Blackpool.

West Ham are still favourites at 5/4 apparently but there has been a run on KY jelly along the south coast and Julian Clary was photographed wearing a Brighton shirt drinking a pina colada in a Mykonos club.

Post by 9898 »

Half a brain says steer clear of this fella.
Loan spell was good for 50% then appalling, entitled, lazy for other 50%.
Whoever signs him will live to regret it.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:13 am Half a brain says steer clear of this fella.
Loan spell was good for 50% then appalling, entitled, lazy for other 50%.
Whoever signs him will live to regret it.
Finally, something we can agree on Numbnuts.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Apparently he 'wants time to think' over the offer we've made.

Now being a follower of football for many years I know 'footie-speak'.

Commited=No skill whatsoever.
Languid=Lazy.
Seasoned pro=On his last legs.
Respected coach=Job hunting.

And 'wants time to think' means he's waiting for a better offer, and at best thinking he's doing you a favour.

Moysie boy, give it up. Take down the pics of him in your downstairs loo that you wank over and fuck him off. Find somebody that really wants to join us.

Christ almighty, this saga has been going on so long it could have been written by Homer and I don't mean Simpson.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Well if what is said is true then make you right. Though a contract paying him £180k a week would be cheaper over 3 years than what we initially offered to buy him for, not including his wages, there are other issues to think of.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:54 am Well if what is said is true then make you right. Though a contract paying him £180k a week would be cheaper over 3 years than what we initially offered to buy him for, not including his wages, there are other issues to think of.
Or the club could pay him a £9M signing on fee and a three year salary of £120K pw. Which amounts to the same thing. In fact that's tactically better because it means the high earners are all on roughly simiilar amounts and effectively puts a brake on wage inflation.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:40 am
eskimo joe wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:54 am Well if what is said is true then make you right. Though a contract paying him £180k a week would be cheaper over 3 years than what we initially offered to buy him for, not including his wages, there are other issues to think of.
Or the club could pay him a £9M signing on fee and a three year salary of £120K pw. Which amounts to the same thing. In fact that's tactically better because it means the high earners are all on roughly simiilar amounts and effectively puts a brake on wage inflation.
That's not a bad deal either, could negotiate the wages and signing on fee, after all , he himself would be getting the majority of it instead of the club he came from. Though I'm guessing Manure would get a token gesture. The last could be bollox.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:44 am Apparently he 'wants time to think' over the offer we've made.

Languid=Lazy.

And 'wants time to think' means he's waiting for a better offer, and at best thinking he's doing you a favour.

Moysie boy, give it up. Take down the pics of him in your downstairs loo that you wank over and fuck him off. Find somebody that really wants to join us.

Christ almighty, this saga has been going on so long it could have been written by Homer and I don't mean Simpson.
Surely during a period prior to the season where you are a free agent starting on Thursday and you just get back from holiday this week you dont go rushing into the first deal you are offered but wait and weigh up the different offers and choose the best one especially if it is likely to be the last big one.
Well, that is what any sensible person would do in real life anyway. Football fans seem to think differently.

Then again, Its a bit like transfers. The number of fans that say 'just pay the asking price'. Does anyone do that when they buy a house, I didn't, there was a fair bit of negotiation over a fair few weeks before I got my place and I had to wait on the seller securing their new gaff and the same happened to the one previously.......Newcastle and Man Utd have both been doing just that with Ekitike and de Jong as well despite their huge wealth.........But apparently it is only us.

It took Liverpool 18 months to sign VvD and Newcastle have tried for two windows to get Ekitike so these things rarely just materialise.

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:48 am
palerider wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:44 am Apparently he 'wants time to think' over the offer we've made.

Languid=Lazy.

Surely during a period prior to the season where you are a free agent starting on Thursday and you just get back from holiday this week you dont go rushing into the first deal you are offered but wait and weigh up the different offers and choose the best one especially if it is likely to be the last big one.
Well, that is what any sensible person would do in real life anyway. Football fans seem to think differently.

Then again, Its a bit like transfers. The number of fans that say 'just pay the asking price'. Does anyone do that when they buy a house, I didn't, there was a fair bit of negotiation over a fair few weeks before I got my place and I had to wait on the seller securing their new gaff and the same happened to the one previously.......Newcastle and Man Utd have both been doing just that with Ekitike and de Jong as well despite their huge wealth.........But apparently it is only us.

It took Liverpool 18 months to sign VvD and Newcastle have tried for two windows to get Ekitike so these things rarely just materialise.
All true but I just feel Lingard is taking us for a ride.