Lingard

Chat about anything football related here!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Lingard

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:49 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:45 pm I would say it’s the dwarf that refused to pay the extra money
…and explains why Moyes had a Mooey like a smacked arse the other night .

Mind you …
When your smitten with someone then your world comes crashing down it has to be heartbreaking.

:D

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

hd1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:07 pm So Moyes was so obsessed with Lingard that he refused to pay the extra money.
Maybe those with the money weren't obsessed as Moyes.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Now Moyes can get down to the job in hand and look for a striker. Don't know why it was let to drag on so long, after Sullivan's statement a while back it was obvious Blingard wasn't going to get his asking price, so why live in hope? One good thing came out of it Moyes's obsession with Lingard was beaten down by money, or at the very least muffled for a year.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

It would have been interesting to know how big his wage demand would have been had he not been a free agent and without a club.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Fuck him, greedy little cunt.
Fair play to us for not giving into him. Why he thinks he can waltz in and become the highest earner at the club is laughable.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Moyes hasn't been seen since the news broke. His wife has told the club he's locked himself into the bedroom and is playing CD's by the Smiths.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Castiron wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 7:38 am Fuck him, greedy little cunt.
Fair play to us for not giving into him. Why he thinks he can waltz in and become the highest earner at the club is laughable.
He's done it because Forest were prepared to let him do it. He's just taken advantage of the giant cash pit top football is today mate. Question for you. If Company A offered you £200,000 p.a and you heard Comapny B were prepared to offer you £250,000 p a who would you choose ? I know what my answer would be. No difference basically is it ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

That is always a question often bandied about and the answers can be varied. Myself , and this is gospel, if I had the money he had I would go where ever I would feel the happiest. I certainly wouldn't choose 250k over 200k if it meant shittier conditions.

Edit...I wouldn't even choose the former if I had no money if I weren't going to be happy there.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Should we laugh at forest because they are willing to pay him 200k?! Not really, they want to stay in the prem and are willing to pay 10.5 over a year ( though I suspect it might just be a season, so a little less) in the endeavour to achieve it.

Won't go into the pitfalls of it for them, but the deal wouldn't suit us.

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:19 am That is always a question often bandied about and the answers can be varied. Myself , and this is gospel, if I had the money he had I would go where ever I would feel the happiest. I certainly wouldn't choose 250k over 200k if it meant shittier conditions.

Edit...I wouldn't even choose the former if I had no money if I weren't going to be happy there.
I guess it boils down to ambition or money.

I'm not saying Forest will be fighting relegation, they could do a Brentford, but any ambition the rat had of playing for England ? That ship has sailed imo despite how shit they've been recently.

So it's money. And to sign just a one year deal suggests the cunt's having an each-way bet.

I hope Moyes doesn't fall for it again but I don't think that will be the case.