Lingard

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: Lingard

Post by brookingslovechild »

would have loved him top come, not a regular starter but defo a great off the bench addition. He hasnt we move on. I do however like a lot of fans have a bad feeling that we are gonna end up with fuck all that can realistically improve us.
For what its worth he's a 29 yr old reaching the end of his career , probably would have took the mullah as well if me. He's had 10yrs at his boyhood club earning good money and winning stuff, would suggest he's lost his mojo and accepted thats his career highlight. Not the worst career.

I would also guess he will get dogs abuse from some fans which is to be expected but i wouldn't personally boo him, its his career his choice.

I would also expect him to play a blinder a score against us :lol: its written in the stars

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:19 am That is always a question often bandied about and the answers can be varied. Myself , and this is gospel, if I had the money he had I would go where ever I would feel the happiest. I certainly wouldn't choose 250k over 200k if it meant shittier conditions.

Edit...I wouldn't even choose the former if I had no money if I weren't going to be happy there.
I get what you're saying, but how do you know you wouldn't be happy at a certain job until you've tried it ? I'm sure he realises Forest will be fighting a relegation battle but neither you nor I know what's in his head. All I'm saying is that all these precious fuckers on social media right now, bleating about how he's "disrespected" West Ham, how he lacks ambition, yabber, yabber, yabber have to realise that some people are money motivated. And there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be if that's what floats their boat.

You'll probably say "but he knows he was happy at West Ham". And by all accounts he was. He came into a winning side which obviously made everyone inside the club happy little bunnies. But will the team this season be a winning side ? I for one, and I'm basing it on my feelings on our situation at round about half past nine on Friday, think we may be heading for a season of struggle. Maybe Lingard thinks it won't be such a happy ship this time round.

And we can also go after him again next summer to bolster our squad in preparation for the CL campaign. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:36 am
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:19 am That is always a question often bandied about and the answers can be varied. Myself , and this is gospel, if I had the money he had I would go where ever I would feel the happiest. I certainly wouldn't choose 250k over 200k if it meant shittier conditions.

Edit...I wouldn't even choose the former if I had no money if I weren't going to be happy there.
I get what you're saying, but how do you know you wouldn't be happy at a certain job until you've tried it ? I'm sure he realises Forest will be fighting a relegation battle but neither you nor I know what's in his head. All I'm saying is that all these precious fuckers on social media right now, bleating about how he's "disrespected" West Ham, how he lacks ambition, yabber, yabber, yabber have to realise that some people are money motivated. And there is absolutely no reason why they shouldn't be if that's what floats their boat.

You'll probably say "but he knows he was happy at West Ham". And by all accounts he was. He came into a winning side which obviously made everyone inside the club happy little bunnies. But will the team this season be a winning side ? I for one, and I'm basing it on my feelings on our situation at round about half past nine on Friday, think we may be heading for a season of struggle. Maybe Lingard thinks it won't be such a happy ship this time round.

And we can also go after him again next summer to bolster our squad in preparation for the CL campaign. :lol: :lol: :lol:
He can earn £10M, stay in Manchester - an hour commute via M! - and then negotiate another deal elsewhere, when he's 30....as a free agent again.

all of which, doesn't impact on the lads Tick Tock time...

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:36 am

I get your point about how do I know, firstly the interview could give certain clues, but in both cases they coul be dud choices. You just follow your gut feeling.

I hear also what you say about this coming season and have to admit I feel we are in for a disappointing one.

LOL your last paragraph, nice little dig.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

palerider wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 9:27 am

I guess it boils down to ambition or money.

I'm not saying Forest will be fighting relegation, they could do a Brentford, but any ambition the rat had of playing for England ? That ship has sailed imo despite how shit they've been recently.

So it's money. And to sign just a one year deal suggests the cunt's having an each-way bet.

I hope Moyes doesn't fall for it again but I don't think that will be the case.
Not sticking up for him, but is it possible Forest are also prepared for that eventuality?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

He chose a one year contract with no option and will then likely go yo the MLS or Saudi for a huge payday having played a reasonably big role for Forest and raised his value.

Good luck to him. Had Forest mot decided to offer such a big amount he would have come here but he chose the more lucrative option. Most of us would do the same.

That's the way it goes sometimes. Its just a job at the end of the day.

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo »

All very reasonable and measured responses on here which is good to see.

He is perfectly entitled to make the decision that best suits him so good luck to him and I hope it works out at Forest.

Oh, and he’s a proper fucking cunt bag too!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

That’s the way it goes peeps …

Never mind there’s always next summer window …

Don’t for one minute think all this shit won’t happen again cos it fucking will .

Unless that Cunt Bug Eyes has been sacked in the meantime.
Bring back Jonathon !

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Let's go baby!!

From a 29yr old grown man.

like most of his generation, manchilds.
he no loss, its the embarrassing saga chasing after the prick.
That's on Moyes, which is worrying, considering all the hype about the Moyes character test..?

Nailed on the cunt will score against us, but frankly, I'm glad he's not a WHU player.
All about me baaaby

hd1

Post by hd1 »

tassiehammer wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 2:32 am
hd1 wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:07 pm So Moyes was so obsessed with Lingard that he refused to pay the extra money.
Maybe those with the money weren't obsessed as Moyes.
Nope, it was Moyes that did not want the wage structure broken