Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Our last game of the season and potentially last appearance of Mark Noble who would notch 550 games exactly in all competitions in his fabulous 18 years football career that will never be forgotten. Away to our bogey team, Brighton is never a happy place to go BUT we need to end our dreadful runs ONCE FOR ALL. We need 3 points to hope to take over Man Utd for the first time since John Lyall's days of 1985-86 when we finished 3rd, 8 points above the Red Devils. Need Man Utd not to go more than a draw (due to their poorer GD) and us to get 3 points a must. Let GO for it! Brighton on other hand want to finish top half but we want to finish 6th. If that do not happened, I am still pleased we are still in Europe in Conference League.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal/Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

We need to do better against Brighton and hope we will perform strongly from the first whistle to the last. We are man, not boys and no slow start or inviting them to attack all the time

Let do it for Nobes FINAL icing on his cake with a number 6th (for West Ham to finish position).

COYI!! whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

eskimo joe

Re: Brighton vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:04 am Our last game of the season and potentially last appearance of Mark Noble who would notch 550 games exactly in all competitions in his fabulous 18 years football career that will never be forgotten. Away to our bogey team, Brighton is never a happy place to go BUT we need to end our dreadful runs ONCE FOR ALL. We need 3 points to hope to take over Man Utd for the first time since John Lyall's days of 1985-86 when we finished 3rd, 8 points above the Red Devils. Need Man Utd not to go more than a draw (due to their poorer GD) and us to get 3 points a must. Let GO for it! Brighton on other hand want to finish top half but we want to finish 6th. If that do not happened, I am still pleased we are still in Europe in Conference League.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal/Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

We need to do better against Brighton and hope we will perform strongly from the first whistle to the last. We are man, not boys and no slow start or inviting them to attack all the time

Let do it for Nobes FINAL icing on his cake with a number 6th (for West Ham to finish position).

That number has an important meaning, let's hope it's also reserved for only us this season.

Think the lads will be up for it, more to gain and less to lose.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

brilliant to be in for something (other than fighting relegation) on the final day. Tough ask for us to win and Utd to do no better than draw, not sure if palace will be up for it.

But what a blinding end to a very decent season, fighting at the right end of the table and some wonderful European nights.

6th could cement rice staying another season and if.......if.......if ......we spend some dosh who knows what we can do.

Back to Brighton....does that twat glenn fuckin murray still play for them..if so 1-0 to brighton :D

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:04 am Our last game of the season and potentially last appearance of Mark Noble who would notch 550 games exactly in all competitions in his fabulous 18 years football career that will never be forgotten. Away to our bogey team, Brighton is never a happy place to go BUT we need to end our dreadful runs ONCE FOR ALL. We need 3 points to hope to take over Man Utd for the first time since John Lyall's days of 1985-86 when we finished 3rd, 8 points above the Red Devils. Need Man Utd not to go more than a draw (due to their poorer GD) and us to get 3 points a must. Let GO for it! Brighton on other hand want to finish top half but we want to finish 6th. If that do not happened, I am still pleased we are still in Europe in Conference League.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal/Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Nice one Ibbs .

Except to say I hope the uphill Gardeners DO attack all the time.
That way we can do what we do best , hit em with the sucker punch .
If we have to take the game to them it’s the Conference all the way.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:11 pm

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal/Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Nice one Ibbs .

100%

Although it’ll prob be conference anyway coz United will prob get a last minute pen for a 2-1 win
COYI!!!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Should be a good long weekend piss up for the Pipes firm
Haven’t been down that neck of the woods since we set the fucking boats alight on the beach year’s ago.
:D

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:41 pm Should be a good long weekend piss up for the Pipes firm
Haven’t been down that neck of the woods since we set the fucking boats alight on the beach year’s ago.
:D
I trust there were a suitable number of Afghan goat herders cowering in said boats at the time my good man.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 11:49 am

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal/Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

That number has an important meaning, let's hope it's also reserved for only us this season.

Think the lads will be up for it, more to gain and less to lose.
Hope our lads will be ready from the first whistle as if slow start, Brighton will beat us easily so we need to get a positive start to the finish as this is our last game so hope our lads bring a top performance.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal/Johnson
Dawson
Zouma
Cresswell

Soucek
Rice

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Nice one Ibbs .

Cheers and we need to break the bad habit of winless runs against Brighton as this team remind me of the old Wimbledon who tormented us in 1980s to 1990s, never forget winning 3-0 up to lose 4-3 as Brighton are simllar.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:01 pm
Nice one Ibbs .

Cheers and we need to break the bad habit of winless runs against Brighton as this team remind me of the old Wimbledon who tormented us in 1980s to 1990s, never forget winning 3-0 up to lose 4-3 as Brighton are simllar.
We beat Wimbledon more than they beat us in the 80's and 90's Ibbs.(9-8).

They could beat anyone on their day tbh back then.They intimidated quite a few,even the great Liverpool Teams.

I will always remember beating them with 10 men in the League Cup in November 1989.Martin Allen curled one right into the top corner with just minutes to go..The place went wild.