Things West Ham fans do that make me laugh or surprise me

Chat about anything football related here!

Things West Ham fans do that make me laugh or surprise me

Post by 9898 »

Just looked on that other West Ham forum, you know, the one that snidey grey goes on and slags off this site. Most posters think Antonio had a good game. genuinely feel he was atrocious. The usual diving (on a par with Grealish), lack of hold up play and greediness.
Are we now like Liverpool fans where every West Ham player is great?

West Ham fans are slagging off Citys style of play, pass and move, while lauding our hoof ball all season.

Every other week now West Ham fans blames the referee, or even say there's a conspiracy for big teams. The referee was not biased today. We are now more spursy than Spurs.
Last edited by 9898 on Thu May 19, 2022 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Re: Things West Ham fans do that make me laugh or surprise mw

Post by Towie »

nearly as surprising as a so called West Ham supporter coming on a West Ham Forum and cunting off everything about West Ham.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Snidey Grey :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Jacko1966

Post by Jacko1966 »

9898 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:23 pm Just looked on that other West Ham forum, you know, the one that snidey grey goes on and slags off this site. Most posters think Antonio had a good game. genuinely feel he was atrocious. The usual diving (on a par with Grealish), lack of hold up play and greediness.
Are we now like Liverpool fans where every West Ham player is great?

West Ham fans are slagging off Citys style of play, pass and move, while lauding our hoof ball all season.

Every other week now West Ham fans blames the referee, or even say there's a conspiracy for big teams. The referee was not biased today. We are now more spursy than Spurs.
"We" "Our" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

garnett

Post by garnett »

I actually agree with him, it's getting worse imo.

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Numbers you need to practice being more optimistic and look on the bright side

We are a club on the up, never been ina a better position to attract players after impressing in the league and in europe and of course qualifying again in Europe

Let’s see what Rob Newman, David Moyes and Kretinsky pull out the hat this summer.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

garnett wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:44 am I actually agree with him, it's getting worse imo.
Do you agree with him totally or partially?

I agree that I'm sick of fans blaming referees and conspiracy theories. We were fortunate that Zouma wasn't penalised for the challenge on Jesus. Antonio was incredibly greedy when he misplaced his lob and he does go to the floor far too easily. This is now hampering him and refs have seen it happening and as a consequence he is getting less free kicks than he should, as they're conditioned into thinking he is looking for it. The other thing that is counting against him is the hysterical reactions to decisions not going his way. Apart from that he was a real handful for City's defence and like many other defences they found it difficult to contain him.

We are not a hoof ball team, both goals came from clever through balls against a poorly co-ordinated defence. We are a very good team, when we don't have the ball and we do need a player to make things happen when teams defences are set. Against teams on the retreat we are definitely one of the best at creating opportunities.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:01 am
garnett wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:44 am I actually agree with him, it's getting worse imo.

I agree that I'm sick of fans blaming referees and conspiracy theories. We were fortunate that Zouma wasn't penalised for the challenge on Jesus. Antonio was incredibly greedy when he misplaced his lob and he does go to the floor far too easily. This is now hampering him and refs have seen it happening and as a consequence he is getting less free kicks than he should, as they're conditioned into thinking he is looking for it. The other thing that is counting against him is the hysterical reactions to decisions not going his way. Apart from that he was a real handful for City's defence and like many other defences they found it difficult to contain him.

We are not a hoof ball team, both goals came from clever through balls against a poorly co-ordinated defence. We are a very good team, when we don't have the ball and we do need a player to make things happen when teams defences are set. Against teams on the retreat we are definitely one of the best at creating opportunities.
It's much easier to blame someone else for your failings than it is to look at your own shortcomings. Just as the compulsive gambler will blame betting companies for their adverts, the alcoholic will blame the seductive display of booze in his local Tescos, the football fan (and often managers and players) will blame other factors such as the referee.

Personally I don't think referee are corrupt but I do think they are a pretty poor bunch. I don't think they favour the big teams either. Of course Liverpool will get more decisions at Anfield just as we'll get more at the OS. Suddenly hearing 50 odd thousand voices screaming "foul" must make the bloke in the middle ask himself what he's missed. Let's be honest if Zouma's "foul" on Jesus had been, say, Fernandinho on Antonio we would have been spitting teeth if it hadn't been given.

I think your point about Antonio's hysterics and over exaggeration is a good one. Players get reputations. I'm old enough to remember Francis Lee who pretty much invented the dive back in the day. But such was his notoriety that he ended up not being given nailed on penalties and fouls because referees were afraid they may have been conned..
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Ok Dano, I`ll bite , it`s been a while since I gave my opinion, was going to make a season statement next week but hey ho let`s go.

Lets go with the same order as 9898 and I will digress after.
Antonio, from what I have seen and read the vast majority did think he had a good game, I would concede he worked hardish in 20 yard spells, but then the "beast" fell over, I don`t believe he was fouled I saw it as a mixture of him being out muscled, unable to keep the ball under control or just plain knackered, he had the best chance to redeem himself but only proved that he couldn`t hit the barn door when it was wide open.

Greatness, Liverpool are the world champs at bumming themselves up, you yourself said we are a great team without the ball, sorry but great teams don`t lose 13 league games a season, don`t get me wrong we can be great we can also be very poor, I believe we are somewhere in the middle with only 1 great player.

Hoofball, I don`t believe we constantly do it, but have our moments especially high lines like City`s and our managers love of trying to counterattack which I despise with a passion, I think our manager missed a trick Sunday not going for it from the off and allowing them to get into their stride and dominate, they won`t be that weak at the back again. Too much respect was shown and not for the first time.

Refs bent ? na not for me. Some good some bad all human we all make mistakes, there may well be some bad apples but they will get found out eventually. Corruption is far higher up the ladder.

Can`t digress have to do some work, maybe later.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

goodpost:)

Although I disagree about the bit about going for it from the off. I think you are right that we only have one great players, the rest ranging from the very good to the average. So , imo, going at it from the off would be inviting the problems Wolves gave themselves when they played City a few days earlier. We have one great player, they have several of those imo and a team with a preponderance of great players will usually win if a game of proper football breaks out.
garnett wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 4:39 pm

Ok Dano, I`ll bite , it`s been a while since I gave my opinion, was going to make a season statement next week but hey ho let`s go.

Lets go with the same order as 9898 and I will digress after.
Antonio, from what I have seen and read the vast majority did think he had a good game, I would concede he worked hardish in 20 yard spells, but then the "beast" fell over, I don`t believe he was fouled I saw it as a mixture of him being out muscled, unable to keep the ball under control or just plain knackered, he had the best chance to redeem himself but only proved that he couldn`t hit the barn door when it was wide open.

Greatness, Liverpool are the world champs at bumming themselves up, you yourself said we are a great team without the ball, sorry but great teams don`t lose 13 league games a season, don`t get me wrong we can be great we can also be very poor, I believe we are somewhere in the middle with only 1 great player.

Hoofball, I don`t believe we constantly do it, but have our moments especially high lines like City`s and our managers love of trying to counterattack which I despise with a passion, I think our manager missed a trick Sunday not going for it from the off and allowing them to get into their stride and dominate, they won`t be that weak at the back again. Too much respect was shown and not for the first time.

Refs bent ? na not for me. Some good some bad all human we all make mistakes, there may well be some bad apples but they will get found out eventually. Corruption is far higher up the ladder.

Can`t digress have to do some work, maybe later.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?