Farewell Mr West Ham Noble

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Farewell Mr West Ham Noble

Post by 9898 »

Castiron wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 9:31 am Guardiola recognises what he has done for the club and football in general. I know who's judgement I would listen to.
Pep is a class act and I hope they don't fuck it up next week πŸ™
'Guardiola recognises what he has done for the club and football in general'

Please enlighten us to what exactly he has 'done for the club and football'? From what i see he played in relegated teams. Failed to make an imprint on the international scene. Worked to soften the OS move.
All sentimental rubbish from middle aged men. This is starting to get way, way over the top.
When Pep has a camera put in front of his face, being PR trained like all mangers, what's he supposed to say? Do you honestly think Noble has registered one iota in Peps life before yesterday?
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Clayton wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 10:00 am Long may he be remembered , still think he should have got a full international call up .
Though I still think he was used and abused longer then he should have been by the club , this season should have come two seasons back .
At least Moyes, himself included, recognised he could no longer give 90 mins week in week out, used as a talisman this season and who really knows what affect he had on the players in the dressin room. But by going on Rice's opinion it was positive.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

9898 wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 10:01 am
Castiron wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 9:31 am Guardiola recognises what he has done for the club and football in general. I know who's judgement I would listen to.

Please enlighten us to what exactly he has 'done for the club and football'? From what i see he played in relegated teams. Failed to make an imprint on the international scene. Worked to soften the OS move.
All sentimental rubbish from middle aged men. This is starting to get way, way over the top.
When Pep has a camera put in front of his face, being PR trained like all mangers, what's he supposed to say? Do you honestly think Noble has registered one iota in Peps life before yesterday?
If you have to ask well you support the wrong team,

Noni

Post by Noni »

Not every good player gets selected to play for England. Maybe his downfall was that he was such a great supporter of the club he could not imagine himself playing for another team. This obviously limited his marketing value as a player in his career.

One thing you cannot deny is that he played with a smile on his face for a club he loved, surely that's enough for anybody you loves the sport.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Noni wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 10:28 am

Not every good player gets selected to play for England. Maybe his downfall was that he was such a great supporter of the club he could not imagine himself playing for another team. This obviously limited his marketing value as a player in his career.

One thing you cannot deny is that he played with a smile on his face for a club he loved, surely that's enough for anybody you loves the sport.
Biggest compliment I can give him is that , as a footballer, he only ever appeared in the papers on the back pages, unlike an increasing number of his contemporaries.

I was never his biggest fan but he's played for a few managers during his time at West Ham and they've forgotten more about the game than any of us lot (well, apart from Alan Pardew) which says something. And by all accounts took his role as club captain very seriously indeed acting as a mentor to many young players at the club. Probably the type of role the club has in mind for him now he's no longer playing.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

eskimo joe wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 10:08 am

Not even worth my breath.

Post by 9898 »

Castiron wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 10:51 am
eskimo joe wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 10:08 am

Not even worth my breath.
:lol: :lol: Can't find one fact to to back up his post.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Lame.

Noni

Post by Noni »

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: ↑Mon May 16, 2022 10:01 am Please enlighten us to what exactly he has 'done for the club and football'? From what i see he played in relegated teams. Failed to make an imprint on the international scene. Worked to soften the OS move.
It's hilarious the way you keep evidencing your complete lack of football knowledge and West Ham history, yet you think you're being 'clever' :lol: :lol: