You know it makes sense.

Chat about anything football related here!
Brookbonds73

You know it makes sense.

Post by Brookbonds73 »

West Ham owner Sullivan funding Bassini proposed bid to buy Birmingham https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... e-masthead

So we can't get a striker or loan a player from the Sunday dog and duck league. Our team fights admirably on all fronts, are fucking run in to the ground, knackered beyond and this creature is up for funding a takeover bid that may end up with him ultimately purchasing Birmingham City.
My threepeneth worth. Go back to Birmingham, they've forgiven you, they don't hold a grudge.
In fact they'll welcome you back with open arms.
Just make sure you don't park the Rolls to close to the ground.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Re: You know it makes sense.

Post by Whiskyman »

I'm sure he is charging Bassini an interest rate appropriate to the loan----and the risk. :lol:

Bassini is precisely the sort of business associate I would expect the dwarf to have. He's been declared bankrupt twice and has previously been banned by the EFL for, shall we say, being economical with the truth. Last I heard of him was when he was trying to buy Bolton a few years back. Sounds like a complete sleazeball who would, I feel sure, be warmly welcomed at Dwarf Towers any time he chooses to make a visit.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:52 am I'm sure he is charging Bassini an interest rate appropriate to the loan----and the risk. :lol:

Bassini is precisely the sort of business associate I would expect the dwarf to have. He's been declared bankrupt twice and has previously been banned by the EFL for, shall we say, being economical with the truth. Last I heard of him was when he was trying to buy Bolton a few years back. Sounds like a complete sleazeball who would, I feel sure, be warmly welcomed at Dwarf Towers any time he chooses to make a visit.
Interesting article re Areola - apparently PSG are prepared to subsidise part of his ¢120k wages if he signs a ¢12M move this summer. That's very generous, not sure why they would offer to do that.
DM is keen,so I suppose it's a good value deal. Funny business

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:51 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:52 am I'm sure he is charging Bassini an interest rate appropriate to the loan----and the risk. :lol:

Interesting article re Areola - apparently PSG are prepared to subsidise part of his ¢120k wages if he signs a ¢12M move this summer. That's very generous, not sure why they would offer to do that.
That’s a bit weird aint it. Surely plenty of clubs would take him. Or are literally all of them saying no to the wages? Never heard of it before
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:25 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:51 am
That’s a bit weird aint it. Surely plenty of clubs would take him. Or are literally all of them saying no to the wages? Never heard of it before
I guess market forces dictate salary levels.

So a top striker gets £20m - Haaland
Midfield same - De Bruyne
Midfield quarterback £10M - Rice
Goalkeeper £5M

So Areola earning £6M looks pricey, so PSG pay say £30k and
West Ham pay £90k. In some way there is some logic.

Lower down the chain, the average scuffers who had to exist on
£50k per wk will be getting £75k. Wage inflation lifts all ships.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:54 am
JayK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:25 am

I guess market forces dictate salary levels.

So a top striker gets £20m - Haaland
Midfield same - De Bruyne
Midfield quarterback £10M - Rice
Goalkeeper £5M

So Areola earning £6M looks pricey, so PSG pay say £30k and
West Ham pay £90k. In some way there is some logic.

Lower down the chain, the average scuffers who had to exist on
£50k per wk will be getting £75k. Wage inflation lifts all ships.
I wouldn’t mind being that low down the chain 😃
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Apparently they've offered Declan a 200k deal over 8 years.
And deservedly so imo.
Whether or not that's coming partly from Kretinsky being involved considering fuckchops and co might be readying themselves to sail off in to the sunset or up to Birmingham remains to be seen. We'll of course never be privy to the ins and outs of it all in any case.
One thing is certain though and that is that if the person or persons in charge have any real ambition to push our club forward, they have to build a team around young Dec.
There's no doubt in my mind that he'll one day captain England and more than likely end up being the best midfielder in world football, (he's not far off now) but in order to keep such a gem for that amount of time, you have to buy quality, no shite, no bit part over the hill cack, just quality.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

A publicity stunt imo with season ticket renewals deadline coming up soon.
He knocks it back the two cunts claim “we tried “I reckon he will do another season here personally.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 1:35 pm A publicity stunt imo with season ticket renewals deadline coming up soon.
He knocks it back the two cunts claim “we tried “I reckon he will do another season here personally.

Agreed.
Putting the onus back on to Declan,
Sneaky cunts trying to make him sound like a greedy cunt if he should turn it down.
I hope to fuck they do fuck off up the road and get lynched.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I thought it was a maximum of 6 years a contract can be offered for?

once again leaking to the public, they just haven’t a clue.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.