West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

JayK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:30 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:00 am

Hopefully your optimism isn't misplaced but I'm afraid, having watched City's last 2 matches and all of ours this season if City bring their A game to town, and they almost certainly will because they need to tie the league up, I can only see them getting the 3 points.

The press is making a big thing about City's defensive shortages but, Norwich apart, we haven't really got a productive strikeforce have we ? I expect we'll set up as we did in the Mickey Mouse cup match against them and we will be doing well if we achuieve the same outcome imo.

One thing is certain if we try to out football them it could get very messy. Wolves seemed to abandon their usual style last night and, boy, did they pay a heavy price. Hopefully Moyes and the coaches were watching closely.
Can’t beat them on pens this time. Will have to settle for a draw
A result that would delight me, and I suspect a few others as well.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

I thought they looked very ropey defensively against Wolves, if we're at it, and considering Laporte is looking doubtful now too, we can definitely spring a surprise here.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:11 am Fancy we’ll nick a draw then do the shirt lifters to nick sixth spot
That's my way of thinking also.
Finishing 6th would be a fantastic finish for us considering.
And this squad deserve it

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 11:49 pm I thought they looked very ropey defensively against Wolves, if we're at it, and considering Laporte is looking doubtful now too, we can definitely spring a surprise here.
If the rest of their team bring their Wolves performance to the party it won't make a blind bit of difference how ropey their defence is imo.

They scored 5 goals against a team that had conceded 12 goals less than us this season before the game. They also had one goal chalked off for a marginal, albeit correct, offside decision, hit the woodwork twice and Sterling missed two absolute gilt edged chances. They could have scored double figures, I kid you not.

But hopefully we will not try to out football them, as Wolves did. If we set up to contain them hopefully we might reproduce another 0-0 as in the Mickey Mouse. I'll certainly settle for a point.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Yes of course whisky, but I think we can defend a lot better than Wolves did.
I hope Sterling starts again, cos he's shite

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

normannomates wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:09 am Yes of course whisky, but I think we can defend a lot better than Wolves did.
Not sure about that mate. Wolves have the 4th best defensive record in the division. Only City, Liverpool & Chelsea are better. But City tore them several new ones Wednesday night.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Wolves results pending, we need 1 point to secure a spot in Europe.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:25 am
Ibbyham wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:14 pm

The only difference that Wolves don't have a defensive midfielder with high quality to stop Dy Bruyen and they don't have a RICE with them.

Our RICE will man-marked De Bruyne and he will be watching that game against Wolves and he know what to do.

Rice want this match a win for a gift to Nobes as Nobes brought Rice to top player as he is now.
Good point Ibbs. But go back 2 or 3 years and if I remember correctly one of the
Most vociferous critics of Moyes on this forum was promoting Dendoncker as someone we should break the bank to sign. He scored tonight but ——-+
That true as we were close to getting Dendoncker until the 2 dwarfs refused to match transfer and wages demend.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Looking forward to Sunday. My 9 year old boys first proper game. Probably not the best game to blood him in. He's done some pre seasons.
Double edged sword for me, because I'm fucked if I want to see Liverpool win anything, but would like us to turn up with a performance.
1-1 would be my perfect outcome.