West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: West Ham vs Man City Official Match Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:58 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:11 am Fancy we’ll nick a draw then do the shirt lifters to nick sixth spot
8-) Bring on the shirt lifters cooeee
Woof ! I caught 2 22lb & a 17lber
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Apart from the big miss I thought Antonio had a good game. But the bugster has a big problem replacing or cloning him.

And cloning is what he'll try to do. His game plan revolves around Micky or someone like him. You could say he's not been given the funds to try something else and of course you'd be right but I suspect that had the dwarf said 'here's 70m to play with Davy-boy', he'd have come up short.

But it's what he'll have to do. Along with inventing multiple game plans in a horses for courses mentality. He's as happy as a pig in shit to have the top teams have all the posession but less so when the backwater upstarts sit back and ask us what WE'VE got.

But enough of that for now. A day to be celebrated and a game I watched with a bit of tear in my eye, I don't mind admitting. And a point that guarantees us Europe again. With a point for City giving them the knowledge it's in their own hands to deny the victim scumbags the title. If it's the conference league for us so be it. At least it will give the travelling hoardes the chance to visit Moldova or Albania.

And not a day to say Moyes out. I won't say that again this season.

Maybe.

palerider

Post by palerider »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:11 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 8:27 pm

Just watched a recording of the game because the boys were playing this afternoon. Fortunately Taylor was also too blind, as you put it, to give a penalty to City early doors when Zouma took out Jesus in the area. Amazed VAR didn't intervene with that one. But I suppose mentioning that doesn't sit alongside your conspiracy theories of favouritism does it mate. ;)

An unexpected point which could have been 3 if Antonio had put away THAT chance. Although I suppose it could be said we could have ended up with fuck all but for Fabianski's penalty save. Not sure about the "fouls" on Antonio tbh. A lot of the time he seemed to be throwing himself down fairly easily.
I don't disagree with that about they should have had a penalty,but nearly every other 50/50,60/40(for us),some how went their way.
Yep. Should have been a penalty 1st half. Zouma clearly thought Jesus was a pedigree persian.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:57 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:53 pm Finally the useless lump is substituted - 94th minute
I agree his not Striker class,but he has terrorised and bullied their defence today.If he could finish like a centre forward,he would be some player.He should have got a number of fouls,but Taylor was too blind to see them.
Terrorised and bullied , Terry ? , yeah I suppose so a like lovable Delboy driving his Reliant Robin why under the influence and having no control .
And I definitely don't by this conspiracy theory , especially when City could easily have been given a pen 1st half , as for Antonio he spends most of his time backing into defenders and dropping when there is no one supporting him looking for the foul .

JayK

Post by JayK »

Did anyone else see the foul by Grealish on Coufal in the box seconds before Dawson give the pen away?
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Clayton wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:50 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:57 pm

I agree his not Striker class,but he has terrorised and bullied their defence today.If he could finish like a centre forward,he would be some player.He should have got a number of fouls,but Taylor was too blind to see them.
Terrorised and bullied , Terry ? , yeah I suppose so a like lovable Delboy driving his Reliant Robin why under the influence and having no control .
And I definitely don't by this conspiracy theory , especially when City could easily have been given a pen 1st half , as for Antonio he spends most of his time backing into defenders and dropping when there is no one supporting him looking for the foul .
Did you not see how many times they took him out, or tried to take him out on the halfway line which is typical of the way they play?

As for Jesus, the slightest breath on his neck and he goes down like a sack of spuds, yet apparently being wrestled to the ground for 'backing in' isn't a foul. Yes Zouma touched him but debatable if that is ever considered or given

Yesterday was ridiculous the amount of like for like tackles they were given free kicks for and we weren't. As for the penalty that was given, as Jayk mentions immediately before the Dawson tackle Grealish steps on Coufal's heel and pushes him over. It's a foul all day long but wasn't even reviewed as part of the VAR. If it's not a conspiracy then it's incompetence, which one do you reckon?

JayK

Post by JayK »

hd1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:10 pm

Did you not see how many times they took him out, or tried to take him out on the halfway line which is typical of the way they play?

As for Jesus, the slightest breath on his neck and he goes down like a sack of spuds, yet apparently being wrestled to the ground for 'backing in' isn't a foul. Yes Zouma touched him but debatable if that is ever considered or given

Yesterday was ridiculous the amount of like for like tackles they were given free kicks for and we weren't. As for the penalty that was given, as Jayk mentions immediately before the Dawson tackle Grealish steps on Coufal's heel and pushes him over. It's a foul all day long but wasn't even reviewed as part of the VAR. If it's not a conspiracy then it's incompetence, which one do you reckon?
And that foul was in the same frame as the Dawson foul. How the fuck did they all miss it?
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

hd1 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:10 pm

They are a great team,but they do a lot of tactical fouls.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

As well as I have seen Antonio play, but still the lasting feeling is, the chances have to be taken. Though we caused City more than enough problems and yes they do break up play all the time.

Just hope to fuck they beat Villa and stop those despicable scouse cunts winning the league
Covid in the Boardroom

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

jameskel wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 3:42 pm As well as I have seen Antonio play, but still the lasting feeling is, the chances have to be taken. Though we caused City more than enough problems and yes they do break up play all the time.

Just hope to fuck they beat Villa and stop those despicable scouse cunts winning the league
And subject the world to an entire summer of Stevie Gs boys win it for Liverpool

I can imagine the bloody headlines now.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?