The most P*ssed off you have been over losing a game..

Chat about anything football related here!
andyginbrasil

Re: The most P*ssed off you have been over losing a game..

Post by andyginbrasil »

palerider wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:33 pm Losing 3-4 to Wimbledon after being three up.
I remember that game.... But we were West ham and that was the norm for us....to be honest I did have a chuckle after that result

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

The cup final against the hubcap stealers is my one, but a close 2nd is a promotion year last home game against Nott's County when we lost 2-1 at home and it cost us the title. Little ginger cunt scored both and I've been hoping to bump in to him ever since.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

I also remember a game around the year 2000 I guess at home to Ipswich. We lost 1-0. Nothing out of the ordinary in that, but we were just SO fucking dire. My at the time 5 year old daughter could have played in goal for the farm animal molesters. We didn't have a single shot.

And made worse as I chose it over a lads' piss-up that was apparently outstanding.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Losing in the 2006 cup final and the 1981 league cup final replay were quite disappointing but not near the top of my list because we were the better team imo in both and I had a bloody good day out at both .

No the 3 at the top of my list are the Astra Goo Goo debacle and the last 2 Thursday evenings (though the first leg wasn’t THAT bad thanks to the company).

Say no more I’ve whinged enough.
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 10:47 am Losing in the 2006 cup final and the 1981 league cup final replay were quite disappointing but not near the top of my list because we were the better team imo in both and I had a bloody good day out at both .

No the 3 at the top of my list are the Astra Goo Goo debacle and the last 2 Thursday evenings (though the first leg wasn’t THAT bad thanks to the company).

Say no more I’ve whinged enough.
I’d forgotten about both Astra fucking Googoo embarrassments.

Thanks mate! :x

h69

Post by h69 »

Was not pissed off on Thursday or the cup final. I was proud of our progress in the Europa League and our performance in the cup final.

My top 3

1) England losing the Euro '96 Semi Final. I went to every game at Wembley and I was sure we were going to win it.
2) Losing the 1991 Forest FA cup Semi Final when Gale was sent off
3) Losing the 1991 Div 2 (or whatever it was called) title to Oldham on the last day of the season.

HamstasParadise

Post by HamstasParadise »

Palace play-off final. I travelled with Palace fans. We didn’t really turn up. Horrible evening and journey home.

Euro 96 Semi. I wasn’t even a regular England watcher, but expectations were so high, we just thought is was our destiny, 3 Lions and all that. So felt foolish too. It was like a funeral walking to Wembley Park. Just silence. Haven’t been to an England game since.

Lots of league dreary performances under Curbs and BFS - the specifics were eminently forgettable but pissed me off at the time. Enough that they were the two managers under whom I packed in my season ticket for a while.

Every comprehensive defeat against City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/Utd when we first moved to the LS. We weren’t on the same page.

One I wasn’t at but upset me at the time listening to it on the radio was the LCSF2R vs Stoke.

Defeats that were paradoxically ok: Dynamo Tbilisi (they were brilliant) and the Barnsley 2-5 League Cup game (we were laughable). Even the 2006 Cup Final, so close, and I felt proud of the recently promoted team. It was a great atmosphere in Cardiff city centre before. No trophy but qualified for Europe. Briefly.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” (Mark Twain.)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

HamstasParadise wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 11:15 pm Palace play-off final. I travelled with Palace fans. We didn’t really turn up. Horrible evening and journey home.

Euro 96 Semi. I wasn’t even a regular England watcher, but expectations were so high, we just thought is was our destiny, 3 Lions and all that. So felt foolish too. It was like a funeral walking to Wembley Park. Just silence. Haven’t been to an England game since.

Lots of league dreary performances under Curbs and BFS - the specifics were eminently forgettable but pissed me off at the time. Enough that they were the two managers under whom I packed in my season ticket for a while.

Every comprehensive defeat against City/Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea/Utd when we first moved to the LS. We weren’t on the same page.

One I wasn’t at but upset me at the time listening to it on the radio was the LCSF2R vs Stoke.

Defeats that were paradoxically ok: Dynamo Tbilisi (they were brilliant) and the Barnsley 2-5 League Cup game (we were laughable). Even the 2006 Cup Final, so close, and I felt proud of the recently promoted team. It was a great atmosphere in Cardiff city centre before. No trophy but qualified for Europe. Briefly.
Remember being at UP when we were taken apart by Tbilisi. One of those occasions you just have to accept you've been turned over by a superior outfit. And the crowd that night did, applauding them off the pitch at the final whistle.

I went to Georgia for the second leg with a couple of friends and we were treated like absolute royalty, and bear in mind this was still in the days of the old USSR. In the ground the one thing I remember was this bloody great banner, in English, which said "Welcome West Ham, Sportsmen Of England" which I'm guessing was a recognition of the reception we had given their team the week before.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

League Cup final 81 replay
Palace play off especially that fat cunt getting the winner
Bindippers 2006 fucking Gerrard the cunt
Stoke semi final fucking Gordon Banks should have been our keeper.

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

FMOB where to start?

Oldham away in league cup first leg semi-final on that fuckin plastic pitch, in bone chilling weather beats em all. was for me the lowest I've felt following WHU.

It was the night Tony Gale destroyed all respect I had for him