The most P*ssed off you have been over losing a game..

Chat about anything football related here!
terrya1965

The most P*ssed off you have been over losing a game..

Post by terrya1965 »

I think Thursday's will rank 3rd in my list.

It will take me a few weeks to get over it.Probably a couple days after the Final.

Number One has to be the 2006 FA Cup Final..Just so close.My brother was set to win a Grand too,putting £25 on them at 40/1(or the other way round)..Double sickener..That was the celebration money :lol:

Second on my list was the 1990 World Cup Semi Final losing to Germany

BlackDiamond

Re: The most P*ssed off you have been over losing a game..

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 11:23 am I think Thursday's will rank 3rd in my list.

It will take me a few weeks to get over it.Probably a couple days after the Final.

Number One has to be the 2006 FA Cup Final..Just so close.My brother was set to win a Grand too,putting £25 on them at 40/1(or the other way round)..Double sickener..That was the celebration money :lol:

Second on my list was the 1990 World Cup Semi Final losing to Germany
You should widen it, so everybody can take part - "The most pissed you have been after a game" and in my book,before and during also qualify.

I would say Fulham away is the high water mark for behaviour unbecoming and sheer volumes slurped...

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

1976 ECW Final And of. course the 2006 fa cup final
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

The Big Sam ear-cupping incident.

Big Sam throwing the kids to the wolves against Forest, in a deliberate and snide 'fuck you' to all of those wanting to see some kids blooded against lesser opposition.

The Marco Materazzi 'dive' (subjective) to eliminate Australia from the 2006 WC.

But disappointed? Plenty of times, and none more so than the 2006 FA Cup final. But the loss against Frankfurt hurt. I was sure that we could turn things around. Ruined my birthday.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

I've been West Ham all my life and have seen many good and bad moments.

FA cup 2006, we lost but fuck what a good game that was, was not disappointed but proud, the same as Thursday, the player's can't be called out, except maybe Cresswell, a moment of madness, but they gave all they had after a long hard season with very little help from those above to ensure we had a decent squad depth to give the players who are suffering, a break to recharge. The team has done well but the club hasn't.

If there was one game I really was disappointed after I would always say the same as Oz...the kids v Forest....again not because the team played badly but the decision to play those kids to start with... Fucked the confidence of the youngsters after the dribbling.....and made our club a laughing stock.

Towie

Post by Towie »

2006 Cup final, to come so close and lose on Pens was devastating. Especially as I was in Liverpool end. 🤬
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Play off final versus Blackpool.
I drove to Wembley and parked in their car park. Getting out the car park at the end was horrendous.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

deanox

Post by deanox »

the valentines day massacre 14th Feb 1990 at Oldham. Their ground was a plastic pitch of a shit hole. It rained all night. I think we were 3-0 down at half time and I said to my mate fuck it lets go (i had to go to work that night). he was convinced we would get back into the game but right after half time they scored, it ended 6-0 to them.
On the way home we were just behind a car crash, we got out to see if we could help but the bloke looked dead :cry:

That was by far the worst night for me as a hammer.

What was it with fucking plastic pitches, we had some gifted players but they were shit on plastic as we found out at Luton also.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

palerider

Post by palerider »

Losing 3-4 to Wimbledon after being three up.

deanox

Post by deanox »

palerider wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:33 pm Losing 3-4 to Wimbledon after being three up.
Yep that one too, 3-0 up at half time.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"