Bournemouth.

Chat about anything football related here!
dorsetdano

Re: Bournemouth.

Post by dorsetdano »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:49 pm
dorsetdano wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:13 pm
I agree its a crap ground, along with the old Bmth one and Layer Road, Colchester being another awful one. I'm happy they're up, one more easy away game to get too and usually an easy 6 points. Best news of the day was Brooks getting the cancer all clear.
I went to the old Layer Road ground for a pre season game many years ago but I gave them a pass because they are a lower league team. You mentuion Bournemouth's "old one". Have they moved from Dean Court ? The one with, apparently, the biggest car park in the country. Some years ago, just after we signed Davor Suker, I took Mrs W and my youngest boy on a week's break to Looe in Cornwall, via 2 nights in Bournemouth, to coincide with our pre season games against Bournemouth, Plymouth and Exeter. The Bournemouth game was at Dean Court. Didn't realise they'd moved I just thought the name of the stadium had changed.
They haven't moved, but the old ground of the pre 2000's was partially redeveloped in situ about 15 years ago. They turned the pitch thru 90 degrees and built 3 new stands. The old ground was reminiscent of Layer Road, a very tired stadium probably built in the 20's. The plan was to then build a new stadium, but that decision was shelved about four years ago.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:34 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:49 pm

I went to the old Layer Road ground for a pre season game many years ago but I gave them a pass because they are a lower league team. You mentuion Bournemouth's "old one". Have they moved from Dean Court ? The one with, apparently, the biggest car park in the country. Some years ago, just after we signed Davor Suker, I took Mrs W and my youngest boy on a week's break to Looe in Cornwall, via 2 nights in Bournemouth, to coincide with our pre season games against Bournemouth, Plymouth and Exeter. The Bournemouth game was at Dean Court. Didn't realise they'd moved I just thought the name of the stadium had changed.
They haven't moved, but the old ground of the pre 2000's was partially redeveloped in situ about 15 years ago. They turned the pitch thru 90 degrees and built 3 new stands. The old ground was reminiscent of Layer Road, a very tired stadium probably built in the 20's. The plan was to then build a new stadium, but that decision was shelved about four years ago.
Must have been the start of the 00/01 season we were there.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

wokinghama

Post by wokinghama »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:03 pm
wokinghama wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:44 pm

Worst average crowd this season…… in the fucking championship 😳

There should be certain requirements to be in PL. Having having a ground that small isn’t good enough for me, in this day and age. They’ve had plenty of money from the league in the last few years.

Would rather Wednesday, Forest, Sunderland any day over the smaller clubs.
I’ve got no time for Bournemouth but can’t agree with the ground size thing. If we start bringing in rules like that it gets a bit Euro Super League for me. Promotion can only be based on what happens on the pitch.

Hopefully only one season to put up with them this time.
Yeah, it’s not going to happen I know - but less than 12k fans is almost criminal
Chim Chimeney

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:07 pm I'd like to say congratulations, but they're a shit cunt club, with shit fans.
Mores to the point their little bus shelter of a ground only holds about 60 fans, which in my eyes is a fucking disgrace.
Surely any side in the premier League should have a ground capable of holding at least 20k minimum.
So fuck them and the horse they came in on, hope their stay is short lived and Scott Parker can fuck right off as well.

There should be certain requirements to be in PL. Having having a ground that small isn’t good enough for me, in this day and age. They’ve had plenty of money from the league in the last few years.

And Luton has the second worst.

If I had to pick three clubs to come up, I'd prefer Wednesday, Forest, and Preston. Don't ask me why with Preston - I think I've just had a thing for them since the HammersMad days when Thor used to make an appearance.

As for the smaller clubs breaking into the big time, I like it. Suggests to me that a club has been run well.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

OZHAMMER wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:12 am

If I had to pick three clubs to come up, I'd prefer Wednesday, Forest, and Preston. Don't ask me why with Preston - I think I've just had a thing for them since the HammersMad days when Thor used to make an appearance.

As for the smaller clubs breaking into the big time, I like it. Suggests to me that a club has been run well.
PNE Thor …. The original nutcase :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

Newmarket wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 7:19 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:12 am

PNE Thor …. The original nutcase :lol:
Speaking of the Black Cats and Owls, I see that they’ve both averaged 31K and 22K respectively in League One this year. That’s impressive, irrespective of anyone’s thoughts on the clubs or fans.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

deanox wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:29 pm
Flairon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:04 am

All good. Wrestling with the idea of moving home.
wait what :o :o Going back to England mate, when, why PM me if you do decide as we need to have a final beer or two
All up in the air at the moment mate.
Flairon

JayK

Post by JayK »

Flairon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:26 am
deanox wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:29 pm

wait what :o :o Going back to England mate, when, why PM me if you do decide as we need to have a final beer or two
When you due to land? :lol:
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

JayK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:19 pm
Flairon wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:26 am

Fucking long flight. :lol:
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:23 pm
JayK wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 12:19 pm

Fucking long flight. :lol:
:lol: 5hrs so far if he was taking off at 09:28 when he posted. Unless he’s been up in the air since the chat started :lol:
COYI!!!