Bournemouth.

Chat about anything football related here!
deanox

Re: Bournemouth.

Post by deanox »

Flairon wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:04 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:01 am

How's things mate, long time no see.
All good. Wrestling with the idea of moving home.
wait what :o :o Going back to England mate, when, why PM me if you do decide as we need to have a final beer or two
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

deanox

Post by deanox »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:40 am
Towie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:34 am Even smaller club with ground capacity 10,000 might come up. One of smallest budgets in league, but 1 win away from getting in play offs.

I have a soft spot for them, as my now local team.

But also because they have a number of ex West Ham players amongst their ranks.

Dan Potts, Pelly Ruddock, Reece Burke, henri Lansbury, and most recent signing Robert Snodgrass!

Would be most funny if they did get in, with their shitty little ground. 😂😂
As you're local to Luton do you know when they're supposed to be starting work on their new stadium ? Long overdue. As an ex player of absolutely no distinction whatsoever of the club I too wish them well. But whatever happens they've done bloody well to get back up to the Championship in such a short time.
Actually played there when they had the plastic pitch. You could rent out the stadium for games. I scored in both goals one was a header and the other was a fantastic move from the back (I was a CB back in the day) I passed it out to our LB, we interchanged a few passes ending up with me volleying in from nearly 30 yards :D After the game I asked my then wife did you see that fantastic goal, to which she replied, she couldn't as the sight of me running had made her laugh so much she had tears in her eyes....... Another reason she became an ex wife :lol:

Oh and fuck Luton as they had a habbit of beating us back in the day
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:34 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:40 am

As you're local to Luton do you know when they're supposed to be starting work on their new stadium ? Long overdue. As an ex player of absolutely no distinction whatsoever of the club I too wish them well. But whatever happens they've done bloody well to get back up to the Championship in such a short time.
Actually played there when they had the plastic pitch. You could rent out the stadium for games. I scored in both goals one was a header and the other was a fantastic move from the back (I was a CB back in the day) I passed it out to our LB, we interchanged a few passes ending up with me volleying in from nearly 30 yards :D After the game I asked my then wife did you see that fantastic goal, to which she replied, she couldn't as the sight of me running had made her laugh so much she had tears in her eyes....... Another reason she became an ex wife :lol:

Oh and fuck Luton as they had a habbit of beating us back in the day
They did. When we won promotion in 80/81 we only lost 4 games. Guess who two of those games were against. ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:03 am
Towie wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 7:48 am I know they have planning permission now to build a 17k stadium, parking, and retail park near the station.

I think though it held up with counter arguments from the nearby shopping Mall about losing business.
Long overdue. I've always thought Luton is a town that can support at least a Championship side but Kenilworth Road has got to be near the top of my worst grounds ever visited list.

Can only think of two worst ones and they're both long gone. Southampton (The Dell) and Wimbledon (Plough Lane)
I agree its a crap ground, along with the old Bmth one and Layer Road, Colchester being another awful one. I'm happy they're up, one more easy away game to get too and usually an easy 6 points. Best news of the day was Brooks getting the cancer all clear.

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Cannot stand Luton, fuckers beat us in my first ever match in 1979, I was up stupid early as so excited to go, fuckers ruined my whole day and I will never forgive them. Cunts
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

dorsetdano wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:13 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 10:03 am

Long overdue. I've always thought Luton is a town that can support at least a Championship side but Kenilworth Road has got to be near the top of my worst grounds ever visited list.

Can only think of two worst ones and they're both long gone. Southampton (The Dell) and Wimbledon (Plough Lane)
I agree its a crap ground, along with the old Bmth one and Layer Road, Colchester being another awful one. I'm happy they're up, one more easy away game to get too and usually an easy 6 points. Best news of the day was Brooks getting the cancer all clear.
I went to the old Layer Road ground for a pre season game many years ago but I gave them a pass because they are a lower league team. You mentuion Bournemouth's "old one". Have they moved from Dean Court ? The one with, apparently, the biggest car park in the country. Some years ago, just after we signed Davor Suker, I took Mrs W and my youngest boy on a week's break to Looe in Cornwall, via 2 nights in Bournemouth, to coincide with our pre season games against Bournemouth, Plymouth and Exeter. The Bournemouth game was at Dean Court. Didn't realise they'd moved I just thought the name of the stadium had changed.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Bournemouth reminded me of the old Wimbledon , small crowd but still smashed the big clubs for fun and even West Ham as well

With 70% of income to spend on transfer by 2025, good luck to Bournemouth.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

wokinghama

Post by wokinghama »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:07 pm I'd like to say congratulations, but they're a shit cunt club, with shit fans.
Mores to the point their little bus shelter of a ground only holds about 60 fans, which in my eyes is a fucking disgrace.
Surely any side in the premier League should have a ground capable of holding at least 20k minimum.
So fuck them and the horse they came in on, hope their stay is short lived and Scott Parker can fuck right off as well.
Worst average crowd this season…… in the fucking championship 😳

There should be certain requirements to be in PL. Having having a ground that small isn’t good enough for me, in this day and age. They’ve had plenty of money from the league in the last few years.

Would rather Wednesday, Forest, Sunderland any day over the smaller clubs.
Chim Chimeney

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

wokinghama wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:44 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:07 pm I'd like to say congratulations, but they're a shit cunt club, with shit fans.
Mores to the point their little bus shelter of a ground only holds about 60 fans, which in my eyes is a fucking disgrace.
Surely any side in the premier League should have a ground capable of holding at least 20k minimum.
So fuck them and the horse they came in on, hope their stay is short lived and Scott Parker can fuck right off as well.

There should be certain requirements to be in PL. Having having a ground that small isn’t good enough for me, in this day and age. They’ve had plenty of money from the league in the last few years.

I’ve got no time for Bournemouth but can’t agree with the ground size thing. If we start bringing in rules like that it gets a bit Euro Super League for me. Promotion can only be based on what happens on the pitch.

Hopefully only one season to put up with them this time.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 9:03 pm
wokinghama wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 8:44 pm

I’ve got no time for Bournemouth but can’t agree with the ground size thing. If we start bringing in rules like that it gets a bit Euro Super League for me. Promotion can only be based on what happens on the pitch.

Hopefully only one season to put up with them this time.
Scott Parker - Tan chino's,jumper draped over his shoulders,sleves crossed in front and a silk cravat at his neck...suits you Sir...