West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Another tough game, another bogey team that we only won f&cking 3 times at home against those Gooners which is a very poor stat and I can't see any changes this Sunday tea-time. Not sure what Moyes will put in team as we need to do well in Germany next Thursday so hard to tell. Dawson is suspended so hope to put Alese there or Johnson

Squad:

Fabianski

Couufal
Zouma
Johnson or Alese
Cresswell

Noble
Rice or Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Vlasic

Yarmolenko

Hope we will end our winless Premier League runs but I am highly not confident as Arsenal will be freshen up and will walloped us.

COYI

whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Brookbonds73

Re: West Ham vs Arsenal Official Match Thread

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs 👍
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I’ll. be there as usual, but not expecting much apart from a battering.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

2-2

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

We need to win to go sixth and at least a draw to remain certain of staying seventh, and that's only on credit due to Wolves game in hand.

Don't think 7th cuts it for Europe, so what do you do?! Put hope in qualifying via EL? Or go all out for the points in the league and tempt fate?! Would be an easier choice had we won last night, not a certainty but it would put a different light on matters.

It won't be easy for Moyes not to eat his words, and that is the danger of opening your gob at the wrong time, now he is pressured to deliver. Personally I don't see us getting anything against Arsenal, especially after the deflating result last night. 0-1 my guess
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

I reckon we can beat Arsenal, but would prefer to keep our focus on the Frankfurters.

Brighton will beat Wolves, and Brentford will beat ManUre, so we won’t lose ground.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:22 am We need to win to go sixth and at least a draw to remain certain of staying seventh, and that's only on credit due to Wolves game in hand.

Don't think 7th cuts it for Europe, so what do you do?! Put hope in qualifying via EL? Or go all out for the points in the league and tempt fate?! Would be an easier choice had we won last night, not a certainty but it would put a different light on matters.

It won't be easy for Moyes not to eat his words, and that is the danger of opening your gob at the wrong time, now he is pressured to deliver. Personally I don't see us getting anything against Arsenal, especially after the deflating result last night. 0-1 my guess
7th does get a place in the conference I think Joe. Not ideal by any means but better than no European competition which is the alternative. Based on our recent form I don't give us much of a chance against Arsenal tbh, but that said I didn't fancy us to get anything at Chelsea and we very nearly came away with a point with a heavily rotated line up.

Imo we have to keep plodding away on all fronts or there is a danger the season will fizzle out big time.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:13 am
eskimo joe wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:22 am We need to win to go sixth and at least a draw to remain certain of staying seventh, and that's only on credit due to Wolves game in hand.

7th does get a place in the conference I think Joe. Not ideal by any means but better than no European competition which is the alternative. Based on our recent form I don't give us much of a chance against Arsenal tbh, but that said I didn't fancy us to get anything at Chelsea and we very nearly came away with a point with a heavily rotated line up.

Imo we have to keep plodding away on all fronts or there is a danger the season will fizzle out big time.
I'm going to suggest that Benrahma will play himself into his best form during the run in and Antonio will finally find a sequence of games where his individual attributes gel in an unusually positive way.

Yes it's being slightly bullish - but DM isn't the type of man who fails in the challenge is he ?

West Ham 2 Arsenal 1
Frankfurt 1 West Ham 4

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 8:31 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 7:13 am

I'm going to suggest that Benrahma will play himself into his best form during the run in and Antonio will finally find a sequence of games where his individual attributes gel in an unusually positive way.

Yes it's being slightly bullish - but DM isn't the type of man who fails in the challenge is he ?

West Ham 2 Arsenal 1
Frankfurt 1 West Ham 4
I hope you're right, even though your predictions are, shall we say, somewhat optimistic. ;) Buggered if I know what to make of Benrahma tbh. When we signed him I was disappointed because he struck me as a bit of a show pony whenever I saw him at Brentford. Looks good when the pirouettes and flicks come off, but looks crap when they don't and the shoulders drop. But in the early part of the season he showed some decent form and had a positive influence on certain matches. But has produced the square root of fuck all in the last few months and I think the PL defenders have got him sussed. Hopefully he mans up and starts to [perform because, like Anderson before him, I think there's a player in there somewhere but like Anderson he doesn't let him out to play too often. Fingers crossed last night might give him a bit of confidence and he can kick on.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Hope for the best prepare for the worst. Heart says win, head says lose.

And all the other old cliches.

Palarse ripped them a new arse a few weeks ago. Real Madrid they ain't.

But 2-1 the Arse for me.