What striker do you think we should go after in the summer?

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: What striker do you think we should go after in the summer?

Post by Whiskyman »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:15 am
Pipe smurf wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:17 am
Moyes would do wonders with 100 million
How much has he spent to date?

Zuma 35 million......will miss 1/3 season through injuries...

Vlasic...30 million.,...can't get games

Karl,and Areola loan fees.., can't get games
Another 7 million

So really 70 million down the shitter and we still have nobody...,

You may have faith in his buying ability but me .... absolutely shitting myself if he has a 100 million spend available.....
In fairness we could add Coufal, Soucek , Dawson & Bowen to that list for a bit of balance. And I wouldn't say Zouma was a bad buy although huis injury record, both before and since coming in, is a concern. And Areola, at least imo, has been a good addition because serious clubs have to have two goalkeepers of a decent standard, as we found out when Fabianski got injured a few seasons back and Roberto came in to replace him. So I'll give him a pass there as well.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:00 am
Towie wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:47 pm

Because many owners have spent millions from their own pockets.

But off course that doesn’t mean all owners will do it.
And I believe Kretinski falls into the latter bracket.
Abramovich, Maxim Demin at Bournemouth and-------- ? Don't think there are too many others tbh. We're talking about actually GIFTING money to their club and not lending it to them or, as Kretinsky has done, buying shares in the club. The Pipesmoker seems to believe that Kretinsky will suddenly donate millions to West Ham to fund a spending spree, Just doesn't happen.does it ?
Jack walker, the cunt at Wigan, state funded Citeh, state funded Newcastle. Steve Gibson before he got fed up eating away the millions at Boro. Leicester Owners are in there as well.
There are many I can’t think off their names lower down the leagues. some buy the club write off the debts then run as business.

The pipe is a dreamer or a wind up merchant like Numbnuts, but there are plenty of chairmen who dip in their own pockets.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:09 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:15 am

How much has he spent to date?

Zuma 35 million......will miss 1/3 season through injuries...

Vlasic...30 million.,...can't get games

Karl,and Areola loan fees.., can't get games
Another 7 million

So really 70 million down the shitter and we still have nobody...,

You may have faith in his buying ability but me .... absolutely shitting myself if he has a 100 million spend available.....
In fairness we could add Coufal, Soucek , Dawson & Bowen to that list for a bit of balance. And I wouldn't say Zouma was a bad buy although huis injury record, both before and since coming in, is a concern. And Areola, at least imo, has been a good addition because serious clubs have to have two goalkeepers of a decent standard, as we found out when Fabianski got injured a few seasons back and Roberto came in to replace him. So I'll give him a pass there as well.
I didn't add, Coufal, Soucek, Bowen or Benny because I honestly don't believe they are or were signings that were orchestrated by Moyes, Dawson yes fits the MO of Moyes.

What I was trying to make a point about, although badly explained, is that the statement made

Moyes would do wonders with 100 million...does not fill me with confidence

Towie

Post by Towie »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:09 am

I didn't add, Coufal, Soucek, Bowen or Benny because I honestly don't believe they are or were signings that were orchestrated by Moyes, Dawson yes fits the MO of Moyes.

What I was trying to make a point about, although badly explained, is that the statement made

Why don’t you think Bowen, Soucek or Coufal were Moyes signings? You couldn’t get a more Moyes signing than Soucek!

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Towie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:50 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:02 pm

Why don’t you think Bowen, Soucek or Coufal were Moyes signings? You couldn’t get a more Moyes signing than Soucek!
I agree that Soucek is a Moyes type, the negotiations etc had already been started before Moyes had started...We all know that Dave dithers and given this the only input Moyes would of had would of been yes or no....either answer from him would of seen the players turn up at training..,.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:23 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:00 am

Abramovich, Maxim Demin at Bournemouth and-------- ? Don't think there are too many others tbh. We're talking about actually GIFTING money to their club and not lending it to them or, as Kretinsky has done, buying shares in the club. The Pipesmoker seems to believe that Kretinsky will suddenly donate millions to West Ham to fund a spending spree, Just doesn't happen.does it ?
Jack walker, the cunt at Wigan, state funded Citeh, state funded Newcastle. Steve Gibson before he got fed up eating away the millions at Boro. Leicester Owners are in there as well.
There are many I can’t think off their names lower down the leagues. some buy the club write off the debts then run as business.

The pipe is a dreamer or a wind up merchant like Numbnuts, but there are plenty of chairmen who dip in their own pockets.
Don't think state funding quite qualifies. That's a totally different ballgame. And more often than not "writing off the debts" simply means issuing more shares to cover the old debt. The Leicester ownership is an example of a well run business but it is run on a purely business basis and not funded by owner donations. The money they have invested in the club (lots of it) they will more than get back if and when they sell because they have massively improved the value of the club. Their training facilities for example are state of the art.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:59 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:23 am

Don't think state funding quite qualifies. That's a totally different ballgame. And more often than not "writing off the debts" simply means issuing more shares to cover the old debt. The Leicester ownership is an example of a well run business but it is run on a purely business basis and not funded by owner donations. The money they have invested in the club (lots of it) they will more than get back if and when they sell because they have massively improved the value of the club. Their training facilities for example are state of the art.
But they still dip in their own pockets, whether they sell on for a profit is irrelevant at this stage.

As I have said before you speculate to accumulate.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:00 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:59 pm

But they still dip in their own pockets, whether they sell on for a profit is irrelevant at this stage.

And of course you’re right. But I still find it puzzling there are people who think owners have some sort of obligation to dip in, as you put it. The Leicester owners if and when they sell will get back way more than they put in precisely because of that speculation. And good luck to them.. Our owners will also trouser a massive profit when they sell but for very different reasons. Both sets of owners will benefit from their investments. I guess my point is,given those circumstances, why would anyone expect them to deviate from their ultra conservative business plan.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:25 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:00 pm

And of course you’re right. But I still find it puzzling there are people who think owners have some sort of obligation to dip in, as you put it. The Leicester owners if and when they sell will get back way more than they put in precisely because of that speculation. And good luck to them.. Our owners will also trouser a massive profit when they sell but for very different reasons. Both sets of owners will benefit from their investments. I guess my point is,given those circumstances, why would anyone expect them to deviate from their ultra conservative business plan.
Only those in dreamland would. 😂😂😂

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:22 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 3:25 pm

Only those in dreamland would. 😂😂😂
Or those smoking that wacky baccy of course. ;)