Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by eskimo joe »

Areola isn't an improvement on the squad regardless ithat we actually bought him, he was here already, Samacca I feel will be good a squad improvement, Aguerd looks good again a good improvement, Downes either way his enthusiasm might get him through. Cornet doesn't inspire but you never know.

Outs at least 5 outs and 4 ins one of which is out for a spell. 1 upgrade, 1 replacement, and 2 we needed. Not so bad is it?! Or is it?! Now let's hope the engine parts don't break down. But SHUSH don't mention it!
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Shouldn't have Moyes bought Cornet when the window was open?
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Ah ok, so it's nothing really to do with us spending £105m on young talented players, it's the assumption after spending all that money he won't play them.

Well what he will not do is throw them in and hope for the best. They will be gradually introduced while you're moaning he's not playing them, which is absolutely the right way to do it. Look how long it's taken Werner to get used to the PL because he was kept in when he couldn't get used to the pace etc.

I trust Moyes to do what's right, not what people think

Towie

Post by Towie »

hd1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:49 am 5 new, mostly young, talented players bought and £105m spent and people are still moaning.

Big Sam was right
Don’t think anyone complaining about the money spent, it is more the case if it had been spent wisely.

New yes, talented remains to be seen.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 am
hd1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:49 am 5 new, mostly young, talented players bought and £105m spent and people are still moaning.

Big Sam was right
Come on mate. All untried players in the Prem, barring Cornet who was injured for most of it.
I think most people are just a bit pissed off with the fact that we've had an awful long time to identify the players needed and none of them are ready for the season.
You get caught out very quickly if you are not ready in this league.
He missed most of the season?REALLY?

You should check your statistics Castiron.

He played 26 PL Games..He didn't sign till we were 4 games in to the season and they played another 3 games before making his debut (probably getting him up to speed )..So that's 5 games .Hardly missing most of the season,is it?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

We do need a few more in,especially a left back.

Quite happy with what we have brought in,just a pity we probably won't see a few of them for a while,because of Moyes loyalty and he likes to bring them.in slowly and Aguerd's injury.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:02 pm Quite happy with what we have brought in
For ~£100mil, I'm a little underwhelmed by the signings.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:57 pm
Come on mate. All untried players in the Prem, barring Cornet who was injured for most of it.
I think most people are just a bit pissed off with the fact that we've had an awful long time to identify the players needed and none of them are ready for the season.
He missed most of the season?REALLY?

You should check your statistics Castiron.

He played 26 PL Games..He didn't sign till we were 4 games in to the season and they played another 3 games before making his debut (probably getting him up to speed )..So that's 5 games .Hardly missing most of the season,is it?
I'm not up on my Burnley stats, but a claret mate if mine, and numerous Burnley fans online have said it's a shame he was so injury prone 🤷

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:02 pm We do need a few more in,especially a left back.

Quite happy with what we have brought in,just a pity we probably won't see a few of them for a while,because of Moyes loyalty and he likes to bring them.in slowly and Aguerd's injury.
Nothing to do with loyalty.

Same reason Botman didn't start for Newcastle and no new signings start for Spurs today. Players are not up to speed in the PL yet or injured.

h69

Post by h69 »

Big Sam was right
Spurs are fucked then. None of theirs are ready and I don't think all are tried in the PL either. Perisic has not played a single minute in the PL nor has Llenglet either. Must be relegation for them then :lol:

And that Haaland and Nunez are untried in the PL also. They should have bought Watkins or ings instead maybe but what do they know ?

As for Cornet....I thought he played 28 games last season. And about 160 for Lyon before that.