Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:13 pm
Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:03 am
Come on mate. All untried players in the Prem, barring Cornet who was injured for most of it.
I think most people are just a bit pissed off with the fact that we've had an awful long time to identify the players needed and none of them are ready for the season.
You get caught out very quickly if you are not ready in this league.
Spurs are fucked then. None of theirs are ready and I don't think all are tried in the PL either. Perisic has not played a single minute in the PL nor has Llenglet either. Must be relegation for them then :lol:

And that Haaland and Nunez are untried in the PL also. They should have bought Watkins or ings instead maybe but what do they know ?

As for Cornet....I thought he played 28 games last season. And about 160 for Lyon before that.
Difference is those players you've spoken about are all world class internationals. As for Cornet, I'm going on what Burnley season ticket holders have told me. I'll throw a laughing emoji in aswell 😂

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:05 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:02 pm We do need a few more in,especially a left back.

Quite happy with what we have brought in,just a pity we probably won't see a few of them for a while,because of Moyes loyalty and he likes to bring them.in slowly and Aguerd's injury.
Nothing to do with loyalty.

Same reason Botman didn't start for Newcastle and no new signings start for Spurs today. Players are not up to speed in the PL yet or injured.

From what I saw of Spurs towards the end of last season, they didn't need to add much to the squad, which was proved in where they finished.
We showed we did, which showed where we finished. Laughing emoji x 2 😂😂

h69

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:18 pm
h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:13 pm

Spurs are fucked then. None of theirs are ready and I don't think all are tried in the PL either. Perisic has not played a single minute in the PL nor has Llenglet either. Must be relegation for them then :lol:

And that Haaland and Nunez are untried in the PL also. They should have bought Watkins or ings instead maybe but what do they know ?

As for Cornet....I thought he played 28 games last season. And about 160 for Lyon before that.
Difference is those players you've spoken about are all world class internationals. As for Cornet, I'm going on what Burnley season ticket holders have told me. I'll throw a laughing emoji in aswell 😂
Ah I didn't ask those season ticket holders. I just looked at his stats. Must be wrong then

h69

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:21 pm
h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:05 pm

Nothing to do with loyalty.

Same reason Botman didn't start for Newcastle and no new signings start for Spurs today. Players are not up to speed in the PL yet or injured.

From what I saw of Spurs towards the end of last season, they didn't need to add much to the squad, which was proved in where they finished.
Yeah that Kulasevski and Betancour that they bought strengthened them. Quite a turn up for two untried Prem players

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:35 pm
Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:21 pm
Yeah that Kulasevski and Betancour that they bought strengthened them. Quite a turn up for two untried Prem players
What about, Haaland, Nunez and Peresic?
And if you want to be pedantic about things, we have spent £30m on a unproven striker, when we so desperately need someone to hit the ground running. I hope he is a massive hit here...when Moyes thinks he's grown up enough 🙄

h69

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:38 pm
h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:35 pm

What about, Haaland, Nunez and Peresic?
And if you want to be pedantic about things, we have spent £30m on a unproven striker, when we so desperately need someone to hit the ground running. I hope he is a massive hit here...when Moyes thinks he's grown up enough 🙄
:lol: You are too funny with this unproven stuff.

Yes I mentioned Haaland, Perisic and Nunez above.....all (as you put it) 'untried players in the Prem'....awful. and Perisic, Botman and Llenglet not ready to play.....terrible. And Llenglet has played one game less than Cornet last season so 'missed most of the season'.

I get that Scamacca has not played in the Prem but neither have they but he IS an international and has as many mins in the PL as Nunez and more experience in European football but its better to slag off our players and laud others on here.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 2:19 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:57 pm
He missed most of the season?REALLY?

You should check your statistics Castiron.

He played 26 PL Games..He didn't sign till we were 4 games in to the season and they played another 3 games before making his debut (probably getting him up to speed )..So that's 5 games .Hardly missing most of the season,is it?
I'm not up on my Burnley stats, but a claret mate if mine, and numerous Burnley fans online have said it's a shame he was so injury prone 🤷
If Aguerd wasn't injured and Cornet and the Italian were ready to go tomorrow,maybe,we'd feel a bit different..It just feels crap has only maybe Cornet may be on the bench.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Think now the search for loans will be on. Not ideal for some, but with the option to buy probably the wisest, but they need to be ones he will use not of the Kral variety
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

eskimo joe wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:26 pm Think now the search for loans will be on. Not ideal for some, but with the option to buy probably the wisest, but they need to be ones he will use not of the Kral variety
We haven't got a single loanee. The opportunity's there. Use it.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

tassiehammer wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:45 pm Shouldn't have Moyes bought Cornet when the window was open?
If like they say he was one they have watched and wanted........of course ....the same can be said for all the new players....ffs one had been with the club for a year and they still didn't sign him until well into the transfer window.