Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:00 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:34 pm I know it seems like I have a personal witch hunt against Cresswell.
I’ve never felt you’ve got an.agenda against Cresswell. Well at least no more than your agendas against Moyes, Diop and several others. :(
I’m in the minority in that I actually like Diop .
Let’s put it this way I’d play him over Dawson , and I don’t particularly have a problem with him either as the 4th choice centre back he was brought in to be .
Who else do I dislike then ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Bring back Jonathon !

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:52 pm
Castiron wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:38 pm
What about, Haaland, Nunez and Peresic?
And if you want to be pedantic about things, we have spent £30m on a unproven striker, when we so desperately need someone to hit the ground running. I hope he is a massive hit here...when Moyes thinks he's grown up enough 🙄
:lol: You are too funny with this unproven stuff.

Yes I mentioned Haaland, Perisic and Nunez above.....all (as you put it) 'untried players in the Prem'....awful. and Perisic, Botman and Llenglet not ready to play.....terrible. And Llenglet has played one game less than Cornet last season so 'missed most of the season'.

I get that Scamacca has not played in the Prem but neither have they but he IS an international and has as many mins in the PL as Nunez and more experience in European football but its better to slag off our players and laud others on here.
Just for the record I haven't slagged any of our players off.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

hd1 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:01 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:43 pm

And exactly what influence will that £105 million have on tomorrows starting 11 and probably for the next few games as well
None probably, and that's fine. Don't rush to bring them in when they're not ready, which would plain stupid
And how many points will we have lost until they make that difference....that is plain stupid...wait and see

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

h69 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:05 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:02 pm We do need a few more in,especially a left back.

Quite happy with what we have brought in,just a pity we probably won't see a few of them for a while,because of Moyes loyalty and he likes to bring them.in slowly and Aguerd's injury.
Nothing to do with loyalty.

Same reason Botman didn't start for Newcastle and no new signings start for Spurs today. Players are not up to speed in the PL yet or injured.
But there were 5 on the bench.....and three got game time..... and they cantered to a 4-1 victory....Unfortunately Spurs had a good run at the end of last season and really are just going to carry on with or without their addictions..and finish well above us.,...and just to remind you our starting lineup tomorrow will be just about the same that only won 3 of their last 11 games last season ...

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:39 pm

I’ve never felt you’ve got an.agenda against Cresswell. Well at least no more than your agendas against Moyes, Diop and several others. :(
Let’s put it this way I’d play him over Dawson , and I don’t particularly have a problem with him either as the 4th choice centre back he was brought in to be .
Diop is quality....... unfortunately they have to play regularly to improve, because he isn't a Moyes signing he will not get the game time required....and therefore he NEEDS to go elsewhere to realise his potential.....and it will be our loss...

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:40 pm
tassiehammer wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:45 pm Shouldn't have Moyes bought Cornet when the window was open?
If like they say he was one they have watched and wanted........of course ....the same can be said for all the new players....ffs one had been with the club for a year and they still didn't sign him until well into the transfer window.
Sorry Andy. I was thinking more of a window in a van and the man asking if Moyes wants nuts on his. :) :D
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I’m sure I could find a few if I could be arsed to trawl back thru old posts. But I can’t. ;)

But I do agree with you about Diop. And that we need an upgrade at LB.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Y'oull hear my voice
On the winds
'Cross the sands
If you should return
To that black barren land that bears the name

Of Zagadou.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Actually mate I think you will find there are a few of us old grumpy fans who like Diop , me being one of them , and like you I would play him before Dawson , even over that cart horse Zouma who shouldn't be seen anywhere on the left side of central defence .