Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by Ibbyham »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:37 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:11 pm West Ham are enquiring on Conor Gallagher who was a successful midfielder at Crystal Palace on loan from Chelsea so he would be a perfect fit for us than that greedy clown Onana

Also West Ham are enquiring on Germany defender Kehlor who is a central defender and can play left-back.

Hope to get at least 1 or 2 players by next week.
Conor Gallagher :lol:
Fuck me we’ll lucky if we get Frank Gallagher
Going to be a 0.0000000001% chance for West Ham to get Conor Gallagher from Chelsea as other clubs are also want him as Chelsea might make a trick to West Ham to get Declan Rice

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Clayton wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:39 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:34 pm

He also could play LB but not 100% sure if reports are correct. Yes we need at least 4 more as our squad need more strength in depth with European drama coming up soon.
He has played LB like half a dozen times , but not ideal for a right footed player .
Best for him to be at the Central Defender so we need to get another player as a LB proper with left footed player.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

Major West Ham boost in race for 'fantastic' Arthur Melo as manager makes frank admission

West Ham United have just been handed a huge boost in the race to sign Juventus midfielder Arthur Melo this summer.

That comes after Valencia manager Gennaro Gattuso insisted that signing Melo is out of the question this summer due to the Brazilian’s massive wage demands.

Hammers boss David Moyes is allegedly keen to bring the 25-year-old Juve midfielder to the London Stadium before the transfer window slams shut (Marca).

Moyes desperately needs to bring a top-class midfielder to the club before the end of this month. Flynn Downes was signed last month but Moyes definitely needs more.

Ands it seems as though the door could be wide open to bring in Arthur now…

West Ham handed Arthur Melo boost

Valencia were thought to be leading the race to sign the 25-year-old midfielder, ahead of West Ham and Arsenal (90 Min).

It seems as though the La Liga club are out of the race now though.

Valencia manager Gennaro Gattuso spoke to AS and insisted that Arthur is well out of the club’s league this summer:

“He has a prohibitive salary for us. A very great player but we don’t have the possibility of signing this type of player. I have no promise (of new signings). But the club knows very well that we have to complete the team. I hope we are going to sign two or three players.”

David Moyes really should go all out for Arthur now.

The Juventus ace is a deep-lying play-maker by trade and he possesses stunning technical ability.

The former Barcelona ace’s passing is the best attribute he has. In 20 Serie A appearances last season, Arthur made 34.9 passes on average per game and recorded a completion rate of 89.7% (Who Scored).

West Ham signing Arthur Melo would be a big statement.

He has plenty of experience of playing at the very highest level and is a serial winner with two league titles, a Coppa Italia and a Copa Libertadores to his name.

Football Transfers recently described him as a ‘fantastic’ player.

He has recently been valued at around €47 million (£39 million) according to Corriere dello Sport.

Perhaps that’s a tad on the excessive side and if West Ham could pick up Arthur Melo or closer to £25-30 million, we think he’d be a very good signing for the club.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/ ... admission/

It will be very interesting who they get instead of Onana

whufc_crest

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Is he built like a brick shit house and versatile enough to play anywhere?

If we get him it will be a loan with an option. I am guessing. My bigger guess is he won't be even sitting on the bench in the changing rooms let alone field side.

Oh me of little faith.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

So what is everyone hoping for and expecting before the window ends???

I´m hoping for a proper Lingard alternative, a proper Onana alternative, a centre back or 2, a left back, a proper Payet alternative !!!

whufc_crest

That´s not too much is it ? (fills the pipe)

JayK

Post by JayK »

Pipe smurf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:58 am So what is everyone hoping for and expecting before the window ends???

I´m hoping for a proper Lingard alternative, a proper Onana alternative, a centre back or 2, a left back, a proper Payet alternative !!!

whufc_crest

Well Cornet should cover the LW problem hopefully. Definitely need an LB then maybe a CM and CB on loan would do it
COYI!!!

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Pretty much the same as Jayk, don't even mind if they are loans, which is more likely with just under 3 weeks to go.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

My biggest wish is for Ex WHU employee to fall off a very high building to see whether or not he bounces.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

JayK wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:03 pm
Pipe smurf wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:58 am So what is everyone hoping for and expecting before the window ends???

whufc_crest

Well Cornet should cover the LW problem hopefully. Definitely need an LB then maybe a CM and CB on loan would do it
Ah Cornet, forgot about him, that´s the Lingard alternative I suppose now concentrate on the Payet alternative!!! ;)

whufc_crest

palerider

Post by palerider »

Jack Burkett has handed in a transfer request at the East Grinstead walking football team.