Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Summer transfer window thread (What ins and outs do you want to see?)

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:59 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:19 pm

I think the squad only appears to be as small as it does because of the continual use of the same fifteen players. Replacing the dirty half-dozen of deadwooders* with players that can hold their own in times of need, or (heaven forbid) offer an alternative quality, shouldn't be as hard as DM is making it appear to be. One or two loanees with an option to buy (as well) might be the order of the day.

*DHDD
Vlasic
Kral
Yarmolenko
Fredericks
Masuaku
Noble
That’s part of the problem aint it Oz. 2 of who he brought in last window barely got a game.
One of the few games I went to was against Leeds in the cup. Vlasic was M.O.M. for me. Other than that he's been two-bob. Which leads me to believe it wasn't actually Vlasic that played that day but somebody like Juan Mata who couldn't get a game for Manure and in one of those mask jobbies from Mission Impossible.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:19 pm

I think the squad only appears to be as small as it does because of the continual use of the same fifteen players. Replacing the dirty half-dozen of deadwooders* with players that can hold their own in times of need, or (heaven forbid) offer an alternative quality, shouldn't be as hard as DM is making it appear to be. One or two loanees with an option to buy (as well) might be the order of the day.

*DHDD
Vlasic
Kral
Yarmolenko
Fredericks
Masuaku
Noble
That’s part of the problem aint it Oz. 2 of who he brought in last window barely got a game.
It is, and it’s up to Moyes to change that. Remains to be seen if he will, but in Dave I trust...

...ish. :|

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

palerider wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:42 pm
Pipe smurf wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:27 pm A left winger is high on David Moyes shopping list and these are on the clubs shortlist...

Sofiane Diop of Monaco

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sofiane_Diop

Mikkel Damsgaard of Sampdoria

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mikkel_Damsgaard

Amine Gouiri of Nice

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amine_Gouiri

Ricardo Horta of Braga

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricardo_Horta

whufc_crest
Lewis-Potter from 'Ull is the man they're after. About 18m, which would probably be our biggest signing of the summer if it happens.

Padded out with cheapos, freebies and loanees of course.
Fucking hell the lad looks a proper talent!

With Bowen on the right flank, this one on the left and Morelos upfront! Not bad that eh! whufc_crest

Last edited by Pipe smurf on Tue May 10, 2022 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

JayK wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:41 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:31 pm

I hope so mate,but has Pale says,I wouldn't hold your breath.

If we could bring in 3 or 4 a d get rid of a bit of dead wood,we could have a really decent side,that may just take us a step further ahead of where we are now.
If we’re bringing in to replace the deadwood we’ll still have that small squad we keep moaning about
Spot on Jay .

We already have one of the smallest squads in the league.
Before we get rid of the dead wood we have to replace those who are leaving or out of contract, Areola, Kral will be returning to their mother clubs, Yarmolenko, Frederick's, Ogbonna, Flappy and David Martin all out of contract, and Noble retiring, that depending on renewing any contracts for the above ( I would stick with Flappy and Ogbonna) that reduces our already thin squad by 8 players... :o

Then there is the small problem of Arthur who really needs to be moved out.

There is also the problem of other teams targeting our better players such as Rice and Bowen who could well be tempted to move on, if rumours are correct, then Soucek is also wanted by various clubs.

Now....what about the players who want more playing time, Randolph has only played 5 PL games in 3 years....Diop surely should be playing more .....even Vlasic ...these 3 could also force a move to get playing time elsewhere....I also worry about Johnson who was unable to agree a new contract so the club activated their extension clause that has left Johnson really pissed off........and don't get me started on the other youngsters..

I have a horrible feeling that our squad could be decimated this summer and will need a huge investment just to replace those leaving, and that does not include upgrading the players that are staying such as Antonio and Cresswell.

The board and the manager have a massive task this window, the squad needs to be replenished to a minimum of 26 and without doubt upgrading on what we have already got. A huge investment is required.

Are dithering Dave and the tightfisted board going to step up this window.... probably not

Pipe smurf

Post by Pipe smurf »

HULL have become our feeder club whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:05 pm

One of the few games I went to was against Leeds in the cup. Vlasic was M.O.M. for me. Other than that he's been two-bob. Which leads me to believe it wasn't actually Vlasic that played that day but somebody like Juan Mata who couldn't get a game for Manure and in one of those mask jobbies from Mission Impossible.
Leeds had a few kids playing that day if I’m not mistaken. Possibly coulda helped Vlasic look good. The squad seem to think he’s a player though so doubt he’ll be moved on. Maybe just needs more frequent game time, more time to gel or to be played in his more familiar role. Either that or more masks
COYI!!!

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:10 pm
JayK wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 12:41 pm

If we’re bringing in to replace the deadwood we’ll still have that small squad we keep moaning about
Spot on Jay .

Before we get rid of the dead wood we have to replace those who are leaving or out of contract, Areola, Kral will be returning to their mother clubs, Yarmolenko, Frederick's, Ogbonna, Flappy and David Martin all out of contract, and Noble retiring, that depending on renewing any contracts for the above ( I would stick with Flappy and Ogbonna) that reduces our already thin squad by 8 players... :o

There is also the problem of other teams targeting our better players such as Rice and Bowen who could well be tempted to move on, if rumours are correct, then Soucek is also wanted by various clubs.

Now....what about the players who want more playing time, Randolph has only played 5 PL games in 3 years....Diop surely should be playing more .....even Vlasic ...these 3 could also force a move to get playing time elsewhere....I also worry about Johnson who was unable to agree a new contract so the club activated their extension clause that has left Johnson really pissed off........and don't get me started on the other youngsters..

I have a horrible feeling that our squad could be decimated this summer and will need a huge investment just to replace those leaving, and that does not include upgrading the players that are staying such as Antonio and Cresswell.

The board and the manager have a massive task this window, the squad needs to be replenished to a minimum of 26 and without doubt upgrading on what we have already got. A huge investment is required.

Are dithering Dave and the tightfisted board going to step up this window.... probably not
The last paragraph sums it up for me Andy.
If we should replicate our league position next season then that'll be just dandy for them, but they'll be just as tight in the windows as ever.
I never expect anything from these cunts and invariably I'm never disappointed.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:09 pm

It is, and it’s up to Moyes to change that. Remains to be seen if he will, but in Dave I trust...

...ish. :|
Definitely ish mate
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:18 pm
palerider wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:05 pm

Leeds had a few kids playing that day if I’m not mistaken. Possibly coulda helped Vlasic look good. The squad seem to think he’s a player though so doubt he’ll be moved on. Maybe just needs more frequent game time, more time to gel or to be played in his more familiar role. Either that or more masks
Yep.

I think loaning good players who aren't in another team's squad is the way forward.

N'Golo Kante in a Vlasic mask......Although a little stirring in the old grey matter suggests that may be a tad flawed.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:19 pm
andyginbrasil wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:10 pm

Spot on Jay .

The last paragraph sums it up for me Andy.
If we should replicate our league position next season then that'll be just dandy for them, but they'll be just as tight in the windows as ever.
I never expect anything from these cunts and invariably I'm never disappointed.
How dare you sir !

If it wasn't for them we'd be playing East Wittering Academicals in the West Sussex Amputee League Division 3, and fighting relegation to boot, excuse the pun, at the weekend, not Pep's galacticos.

Bigger picture n'all that.......