Who wants me to tell them some facts regarding West Ham and the next few years

Chat about anything football related here!
Flairon

Re: Who wants me to tell them some facts regarding West Ham and the next few years

Post by Flairon »

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Flairon

Newmarket

Re: Who wants me to tell them some facts regarding West Ham and the next few years

Post by Newmarket »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 12:49 am
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 10:25 pm

If Moyes is, as you say, an average manager doesn't that make him a good fit for West Ham ? Let's face it many of our fans would probably not even put us as high as average in football's hierarchy based on our last 40 odd years. So it maybe could be argued he is an average manager managing a below average club. So maybe we've actually got better than we deserve. ;)
So what do you make of him then Whisk?
Whisky apologises . He cannot answer as he is in Lyon .

Proper supporter .
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:29 am

Whisky apologises . He cannot answer as he is in Lyon .

Proper supporter .
Not yet he isn't. ;) En route courtesy of Eurostar and TGV from Paris to Lyon. No Mrs W this time and only one night in Lyon after the match.

And there's a lot more who deserve the proper supporter accolade more than me. I'm just a glory seeking European supporter. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

If Moyes is, as you say, an average manager doesn't that make him a good fit for West Ham ? Let's face it many of our fans would probably not even put us as high as average in football's hierarchy based on our last 40 odd years. So it maybe could be argued he is an average manager managing a below average club. So maybe we've actually got better than we deserve. ;)
Above average manager but way short of greatness. He has pushed us forward to a level we haven't seen in many years and is probably good enough to keep us as a top half club. Which for a club with our history is probably about as good as it's ever going to get.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 11:01 pm

Nobody can knock what he has done over the past 2 years.I have enjoyed them.like we all have.

But yeah,there is something there,that won't let us push on.Even though we are difficult to beat still,we haven't got that same swagger,we had last season and the first 4 months of this one.There has been no real development of our players(maybe Johnson).You would probably say a few have gone backwards since last year.It's all gone a bit stale

The players he brought in last summer haven't really done it for us either.That's quite a worry for me.A lot more should have happened in the last 2 transfer windows for us to really move up a gear.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh and over critical.I'm not sure tbh.
Won't push on ? Exactly where do you think West Ham belong in the scheme of things ? We are higher up the ladder now then we have been for many years and without massive, and I mean massive, cash injections we ain't going to push on any higher. Seirously how many of our squad would get in the Spurs or Man United squads do you think ?

Now it's time for a beer.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:37 am

Nobody can knock what he has done over the past 2 years.I have enjoyed them.like we all have.

But yeah,there is something there,that won't let us push on.Even though we are difficult to beat still,we haven't got that same swagger,we had last season and the first 4 months of this one.There has been no real development of our players(maybe Johnson).You would probably say a few have gone backwards since last year.It's all gone a bit stale

The players he brought in last summer haven't really done it for us either.That's quite a worry for me.A lot more should have happened in the last 2 transfer windows for us to really move up a gear.

Won't push on ? Exactly where do you think West Ham belong in the scheme of things ? We are higher up the ladder now then we have been for many years and without massive, and I mean massive, cash injections we ain't going to push on any higher. Seirously how many of our squad would get in the Spurs or Man United squads do you think ?

Don't you think we have gone a bit backwards since the Chelsea game in early December?Ok,we played a lot of games and that didn't help us,I would say.

We have lost that spark we had before.We lost Ogbonna,yes,but I think not buying in the transfer window deflated the players.I do remember.Antonio mentioning it too.

In my opinion(maybe not yours and everyone seems wrong,if they don't agree with you ;) ),if we'd have brought in another centre forward and a few others,we would have pushed on.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

I would suggest the two defeats by Brentford and the loss to Southampton (9 points) could have been avoided,had the team been helped by some rotation.

And that might have been made possible using some of the younger squad members. I'm not advocating lots of rotation, a couple every few games, allowing those that carry the greater burden to save 30 mins in their legs when a situation presents.

Finishing 4th shouldn't be wildly beyond this squads potential given dropped points by those immediately in close proximity.

That's why I view DM's performance in a less generous favour than those who imagine it is simply boardroom politics that curb progress.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:18 am

I would suggest the two defeats by Brentford and the loss to Southampton (9 points) could have been avoided,had the team been helped by some rotation.

And that might have been made possible using some of the younger squad members. I'm not advocating lots of rotation, a couple every few games, allowing those that carry the greater burden to save 30 mins in their legs when a situation presents.

Finishing 4th shouldn't be wildly beyond this squads potential given dropped points by those immediately in close proximity.

That's why I view DM's performance in a less generous favour than those who imagine it is simply boardroom politics that curb progress.
Maybe Leeds as well. Along with dropping two points against Newcastle.

You'll win nothing with kids, Alan Hansen once said. Then United won the league. OK, the 'class of 92' was a bit better than most but McBaldrick will never know until he gives them a chance.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Last time I looked we were 6th in the Prem, in the quarter finals of the Europa and still loads of points to play for.
As for this thread, nothing trollboy has predicted before has come to fruition, so as you were.

Towie

Post by Towie »

If you learn anything in business it is to not rest on your laurels. We should always be striving to improve. Just because we finish top 10 2 years on trot doesn’t mean we should not push on to try and improve on that?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.