Europa Cup Draw

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Europa Cup Draw

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:00 am
andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:06 pm

Buy a decent car....

Obnoxious cunt
I did the trip many moons ago whilst on holiday and it HAS to be a better journey than from Madrid .

I wish I was going . Be a terrific experience for those that are

Enjoy all .
World Cup 1982 we were staying in Madrid and had tickets for the games at the Bernabeu and the Atletico Stadium (England and Nortern Ireland groups). We also had tickets for the semi and the final and although England got knocked out we decided to make the trip to Sevilla to see the Germany v France game. No doubt there's a better road network now but if I remember correctly it took us something like 6 bloody hours by coach----each way.

We're flying from Luton with Ryan Air. Have to go on the Tuesday (8th) and come back on the Saturday (12th) so Mrs W and I are having a short break out there. Don't seem to be any direct flights that would fit in with most people's work commitments so good luck to anyone travelling via another Spanish airport.

If you're flying into Barajas (Madrid) my advice would be take the bloody train. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:06 pm Obnoxious cunt
👜 :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:21 am
palerider wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:08 am
Indeed.

I remember fondly those drunken nights in The Hague, Frankfurt and Brussels but sadly I can't see me attending an away day in Europe again.

I suspect nobody else will after March 10th.
Writing us off already mate?
Is there an emoji for 'Do bears shit in the wood' ?

h69

Post by h69 »

andyginbrasil wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:41 pm If I was going I would fly in to Faro.....it's less than an hour to Seville....done it many times...dual carriageway all the way cheap car hire...or train
Yes, Faro or Malaga were my options and are both more or less the same on either side of Seville (10k difference) but Faro means hiring a car and driving whereas there is a train from Malaga to Sevilla which takes a couple of hours which I prefer as I will be partaking in the odd beer so I will get into Seville at lunchtime. About 200 Kilometers
Last edited by h69 on Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

h69

Post by h69 »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:37 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:21 pm

Exactly. They are not too happy about playing us either

https://www.sevillafc.es/en/actual/news ... t-ham-2022

I’ll be going via Malaga as the direct flights are a pain.
Just saying what we want hear to imo , they’ll be supremely confident and why shouldn’t they be .
Have a good trip .
They will but lets be honest, we may lose the game but this season we always play better against the decent teams and are rank awful against teams that play a low block so it should be a good game.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

h69 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:00 am
Newmarket wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 5:37 pm

Just saying what we want hear to imo , they’ll be supremely confident and why shouldn’t they be .
Have a good trip .
They will but lets be honest, we may lose the game but this season we always play better against the decent teams and are rank awful against teams that play a low block so it should be a good game.
Do you have a ticket?

Looking at the home end but topping £200 at present

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:09 am
h69 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:00 am

Do you have a ticket?

Looking at the home end but topping £200 at present
Dont think ours are on sale yet but I should get one. I've got tons of points.

Didnt think Seville were selling theirs yet either as I was thinking about getting a corporate ticket since I had a corporate ticket for Rapid that I ended up having to get refunded.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

I see the tickets on the tout sites - nothing on the official yet

h69

Post by h69 »

only1salty wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:00 pm I see the tickets on the tout sites - nothing on the official yet
Neither club are selling tickets yet so they are just 'futures'. To be honest those scalping sites always have a huge markup. They are even selling Southampton away tickets for Wed for £172 quid despite people with less than 10 points not being able to buy them. I feel sorry for them.

I think the scalping sites should be banned from offering tickets with anything more than a small fee on top of the face value and our fans selling their tickets on them should be banned from acquiring tickets. The sites would not exist if it were not for fans doing this.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:05 pm
only1salty wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:00 pm I see the tickets on the tout sites - nothing on the official yet
Neither club are selling tickets yet so they are just 'futures'. To be honest those scalping sites always have a huge markup. They are even selling Southampton away tickets for Wed for £172 quid despite people with less than 10 points not being able to buy them. I feel sorry for them.

I think the scalping sites should be banned from offering tickets with anything more than a small fee on top of the face value and our fans selling their tickets on them should be banned from acquiring tickets. The sites would not exist if it were not for fans doing this.
Ticket touts have always been around, and always will be whilst there is a demand which exceeds supply. The fact these sites advertise tickets at vastly inflated prices simply proves there is a demand for them. Buyers and sellers will always find a way around whatever regulations are put in place.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?