Time we were forward thinking for the first time ever and sack Moyes

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Time we were forward thinking for the first time ever and sack Moyes

Post by eskimo joe »

JayK wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:19 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:57 pm "Fear of failure is not indecision in my book."

Clayton never said that though, he actually asked if fear produced indecision. The question is Is it that or does he just find it difficult to make a decision,?! maybe it's why he's become known as dithering Dave.

I think it's a bit of both
Are you being indecisive? :lol:
:lol: Don't you just love a smart arse?! I misspelled the word believe.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:50 pm
9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:43 pm

The £40 million I decided to include wages
Try harder Mr Try Hard.
The actual transfer was £17M. The inaccuarte £30M quoted is reliant on add-ins which are unlikely to be met.

Player wages are not included in amortization as they sit elsewhere on the balance sheet.
Thought it was around £26m plus £8m in add-ons .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:25 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:50 pm
The actual transfer was £17M. The inaccuarte £30M quoted is reliant on add-ins which are unlikely to be met.

Player wages are not included in amortization as they sit elsewhere on the balance sheet.
You could well be right - I got the £17M from a Gonzo broadcast and just assumed he would have done accurate research.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:34 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:25 pm

You could well be right - I got the £17M from a Gonzo broadcast and just assumed he would have done accurate research.
Got my information from transfermarkt and Sky so your guess is as good as mine buddy .

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:43 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:15 pm

The signing of Vlasic went from £30m to £40m in 2 posts.

That’s inflation for you.😂😂
The £40 million I decided to include wages
Try harder Mr Try Hard.
I would stick to burger flipping Numbnuts, accountancy is not for you.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:24 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:19 pm

Are you being indecisive? :lol:
:lol: Don't you just love a smart arse?! I misspelled the word believe.
:lol:
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:54 am
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:47 am

Isn't what causes indecision - fear ?
Hasn't he also improved the scouting system ( I don't know it's only what I hear ) .
Yep our scouting system has improved so much that no players are available.
:lol: :lol:

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Striker CB DM & LB.

Have needed all for 2 years almost.

The owners are a couple of cunts, waiting for the sale date - Hope they fucking rot.
Covid in the Boardroom

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 am I have never been a Moyes fan , really didn't want him at the club , but there is no denying that he has done a tremendous job in getting a 1st team to believe in themselves . He has made giant leaps in getting them fit and full of energy and determination .
But and a big but , I hate his indecision ( well that's what it appears to me ) when it comes to substitutions and when and who to bring on to make the difference ( because isn't that what subs are meant to do ) .
What looks like to me his negative tactics in not wanting to lose at the cost of winning games ( that's just my opinion ) .
And his bloody mindedness in the transfer market , we have needed a Striker and Left Back for at least two seasons ( where are they ) .
That's what it looks like from an outsider I would agree. But and a big but....as I said somewhere else, how the fuck do we know that he has not gone to shorty and asked for players?. Do you think that he doesn't want bodies in?. I can't see it myself.
Any decent player is going to command big money and big wages. If there are any decent striker wh would make a difference is going to want to play and not warm the bench, so they will command big money.
Our new board member has said himself there will not be a lot of spending for us in January, so what is Moyes supposed to do?.
Get someone in for the sake of it, at the risk of him not being up to scratch, or worse fuck up the squads togetherness.
A centre back is a necessity. Dawson is too old to play every game and play to his best. I'm surprised we are not going after Philips at Liverpool. I think he would fit in perfectly, but do Liverpool want to get rid?.
As for the subs, I agree with some of your points..
I didn't see the point of bringing Frederick's on. We needed something in attack, so Vlasic would have been the obvious choice for Lanzini, but for all his running about,he hasn't really set the world alight, so who's next who could have changed the game?.
He obviously wants players that are going to make us a better team, fuck knows who that will be if he's not backed with the funds.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Castiron wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:42 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:24 am I have never been a Moyes fan , really didn't want him at the club , but there is no denying that he has done a tremendous job in getting a 1st team to believe in themselves . He has made giant leaps in getting them fit and full of energy and determination .
But and a big but , I hate his indecision ( well that's what it appears to me ) when it comes to substitutions and when and who to bring on to make the difference ( because isn't that what subs are meant to do ) .
What looks like to me his negative tactics in not wanting to lose at the cost of winning games ( that's just my opinion ) .
And his bloody mindedness in the transfer market , we have needed a Striker and Left Back for at least two seasons ( where are they ) .
That's what it looks like from an outsider I would agree. But and a big but....as I said somewhere else, how the fuck do we know that he has not gone to shorty and asked for players?. Do you think that he doesn't want bodies in?. I can't see it myself.
Any decent player is going to command big money and big wages. If there are any decent striker wh would make a difference is going to want to play and not warm the bench, so they will command big money.
Our new board member has said himself there will not be a lot of spending for us in January, so what is Moyes supposed to do?.
Get someone in for the sake of it, at the risk of him not being up to scratch, or worse fuck up the squads togetherness.
A centre back is a necessity. Dawson is too old to play every game and play to his best. I'm surprised we are not going after Philips at Liverpool. I think he would fit in perfectly, but do Liverpool want to get rid?.
As for the subs, I agree with some of your points..
I didn't see the point of bringing Frederick's on. We needed something in attack, so Vlasic would have been the obvious choice for Lanzini, but for all his running about,he hasn't really set the world alight, so who's next who could have changed the game?.
He obviously wants players that are going to make us a better team, fuck knows who that will be if he's not backed with the funds.
They've waited/dithered call it what you want in the hope that Zouma, Soucek, and Benny are back. No doubt they've also considered the winter break and the F.A.cup the week after. All fair enough if you've only got one thing to concentrate on, but when you've realistically got 2 maybe 3 things to go for it's suicide. But then our owners are a pair of shit cunts so they'll do anything in order to not shell out. Why get players in when you've got the perfect man in charge who'll they'll throw under the bus at the drop of a hat. They've already stated that funds are available to ensure they won't cop any flak if no one comes in.
Moyes knows how these cunts operate and no doubt was willing to accept it when he signed up for the gig.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.