Time we were forward thinking for the first time ever and sack Moyes

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Time we were forward thinking for the first time ever and sack Moyes

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:47 am
9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 am

Agree with most of that Clayton.
Personally, I dont think its indecision, I think its fear.
He had horrendous spells at Man Utd, Everton and Sociedad and was practically blacklisted by PL clubs. He was seen as old fashioned. We was probably the only club prepared to employ him because, in fairness we are behind the times - no scouting system of note, worst training facilities etc . He is so, so scared of mucking up and becoming unemployable that he freezes with fear. He feels that he will be judged by every decision so makes none.
Isn't what causes indecision - fear ?
Hasn't he also improved the scouting system ( I don't know it's only what I hear ) .
Yep our scouting system has improved so much that no players are available.
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am Trouble is with our squad and substitutions is we haven’t got Premier league quality reinforcements to turn a game
Most if not all are bog standard replacements.
Like Vlasicm £30 million signing by Moyes.
Like Keal?
Like the striker Moyes has failed to sign in 2 years.
Vlasic was a huge mistake didn’t need him
Kral will be offloaded end of season waste of fucking time
Striker and Left back overlooked time and time again
Is a constant pain in the arse.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:39 am Trouble is with our squad and substitutions is we haven’t got Premier league quality reinforcements to turn a game
Most if not all are bog standard replacements.
Like Vlasicm £30 million signing by Moyes.
Like Keal?
Like the striker Moyes has failed to sign in 2 years.
I wouldn't jump to any conclusions as far as Vlasic is concerned , after all he is being played out on the wing , which is not his position the guys a AM , though I will say I was surprised that we got him ,especially as Moyes appeared to be fixated on Lingard ( thing is we already had Fornals and Lanzini ) so didn't need another .
What Kral is doing at the club is beyond belief , he has Champion League experience and is a Czech International and can't even get on off the subs bench .

Post by 9898 »

9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 am

Agree with most of that Clayton.
Personally, I dont think its indecision, I think its fear.
He had horrendous spells at Man Utd, Everton and Sociedad and was practically blacklisted by PL clubs. He was seen as old fashioned. We was probably the only club prepared to employ him because, in fairness we are behind the times - no scouting system of note, worst training facilities etc . He is so, so scared of mucking up and becoming unemployable that he freezes with fear. He feels that he will be judged by every decision so makes none.
Hasn't he also improved the scouting system ( I don't know it's only what I hear ) .
Improved scouting system? No striker for 2 years. Wasted £40 million in Vlasic. Not played Kral. Signed GK on loan for about £100k per week and hardly played him. Signed Zouma who mark my words will be a flop.
Ignore the PR guff about Moyes and tell me what he has improved about our transfers.

Fear of failure is not indecision in my book.
Fear of failure is playing 10 men in our defensive third like most of the game yesterday. That's not indecision, he was absolutely 100% positive that he wanted 9 players in our defensive third when Man Utd had the ball.
Fear of failure is not sign a CF because a standard CF won't drop back in midfield and play as another defender when the opposition have the ball. That's not indecision. He is 100% certain that he will not sign a CF unless they promise to run 39 miles every game.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:56 am

Improved scouting system? No striker for 2 years. Wasted £40 million in Vlasic. Not played Kral. Signed GK on loan for about £100k per week and hardly played him. Signed Zouma who mark my words will be a flop.
Ignore the PR guff about Moyes and tell me what he has improved about our transfers.

Fear of failure is playing 10 men in our defensive third like most of the game yesterday. That's not indecision, he was absolutely 100% positive that he wanted 9 players in our defensive third when Man Utd had the ball.
Fear of failure is not sign a CF because a standard CF won't drop back in midfield and play as another defender when the opposition have the ball. That's not indecision. He is 100% certain that he will not sign a CF unless they promise to run 39 miles every game.
The signing of Vlasic went from £30m to £40m in 2 posts.

That’s inflation for you.😂😂
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:15 pm
9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:56 am

The £40 million I decided to include wages
Try harder Mr Try Hard.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

9898 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:43 pm
Towie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:15 pm

The £40 million I decided to include wages
Try harder Mr Try Hard.
The actual transfer was £17M. The inaccuarte £30M quoted is reliant on add-ins which are unlikely to be met.

Player wages are not included in amortization as they sit elsewhere on the balance sheet.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

"Fear of failure is not indecision in my book."

Clayton never said that though, he actually asked if fear produced indecision. The question is Is it that or does he just find it difficult to make a decision,?! maybe it's why he's become known as dithering Dave.

I think it's a bit of both
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:54 am

Yep our scouting system has improved so much that no players are available.
It's not that there aren't any players available , the DoF and scouts are more then likely doing a stellar job , it's just that Moyes's indecision is the deciding/undeciding facture in all this .

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:57 pm "Fear of failure is not indecision in my book."

Clayton never said that though, he actually asked if fear produced indecision. The question is Is it that or does he just find it difficult to make a decision,?! maybe it's why he's become known as dithering Dave.

I think it's a bit of both
Are you being indecisive? :lol:
COYI!!!