Remaining games

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Remaining games

Post by eskimo joe »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:46 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:49 pm

When I was a kid,I use to like playing a Football results on the dice,doing Half Times & Full Times...I would do a whole season playing 42 games.

1=0, 2=1,.3=1,4=2,5=2 and another go and 6 was 0.

I would spend 4 or 5 hours at a time playing, filling up books. :lol:
That what I have been doing over the years, but not football club name, it is ALL my relatives & families and close friends names and the top 4 divisions are Premier 1, Premier 2, Premier 3 & Premier 4, then the Non League from Div 1, Div 2 N & S, Div 3 N & S and the bottom 4 of each Div 3 N & S go to Crocodile league N & S and I used the normal football fixture based on where my footie league previous season final standing like Ibbyham finished 11th and Aston Villa finished 11th last season and I have to use Villa's fixtures for whom I play with and that goes all my footie teams.

Ii have 2 dice, the blue one for the home game and the white one for the away game. How to do the score: If any dice fall as a 1 or 2 means NO GOAL, 3 & 4 means 1 goals, 5 & 6 means 2 goals and a free throw if the dice come up 6 so can add more goals to the 2 already.

That is more interesting and any teams win the Premier League title, no top 6 side, no billoinnaire doing their greediness.
use to do the same with cricket and football, but used a book. The page number decided the outcome. Cricket lasted the longest as you were only out if the page number ended in a 5 or 6. 1 to 4 were runs scored.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The things I missed out on in my youth

:lol:

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

eskimo joe wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:41 am

That what I have been doing over the years, but not football club name, it is ALL my relatives & families and close friends names and the top 4 divisions are Premier 1, Premier 2, Premier 3 & Premier 4, then the Non League from Div 1, Div 2 N & S, Div 3 N & S and the bottom 4 of each Div 3 N & S go to Crocodile league N & S and I used the normal football fixture based on where my footie league previous season final standing like Ibbyham finished 11th and Aston Villa finished 11th last season and I have to use Villa's fixtures for whom I play with and that goes all my footie teams.

Ii have 2 dice, the blue one for the home game and the white one for the away game. How to do the score: If any dice fall as a 1 or 2 means NO GOAL, 3 & 4 means 1 goals, 5 & 6 means 2 goals and a free throw if the dice come up 6 so can add more goals to the 2 already.

That is more interesting and any teams win the Premier League title, no top 6 side, no billoinnaire doing their greediness.
use to do the same with cricket and football, but used a book. The page number decided the outcome. Cricket lasted the longest as you were only out if the page number ended in a 5 or 6. 1 to 4 were runs scored.
Interesting, I used to do cricket but did not last long as I used 3 dice that give you runs of between 3 the lowest to 18 the max and if the 3 dice fall total 9 or below, that player got wicket.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 11:17 am

You certainly live an exciting life up there in Letchworth Ibby. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

In my own footie league, I got 92 clubs in Premier 1 to Premier 4, then the non-league of 162 so in TOTAL, I have 254 clubs. I started that in season 1900 and done 122 seasons so far since 2012 and now been 10 years of doing it. :lol:

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:44 am
terrya1965 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:41 pm

You would be surprised what I got up to Whiskyman..I enjoyed my childhood/early adulthood..Had some of the best laughs ever and stuff I could never repeat on here.I think probably a few others did too and would have been locked up for it too. :lol: Different for kids nowadays I'm afraid.They didn't have the adventures us oldies had.

I am a bit of old bore now tbh..I come on here chatting to you,don't I. ;)
I hope the stuff you got up to wasn't worse than nicking the odd apple from the greengrocers at Edmonton Green. Far too many dodgy goings on in N9 back in the day. I understand the Town Crier pub in Montagu Road was the go to place, even back in the 70s if one wanted a bit of an extra "buzz" for your night out. And was the knocking shop in Bounces Road doing a decent trade in your time living there. ? ;)

Allegedly of course.
I went to the Old Circus pub a few times..I am sure I DJayed there a few times.It's a bit of a different place now to what it was then back in the 80s...Looks like the over spill of Pakistan now. :(

h69

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 pm
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:06 pm

Moyes must understand that as well , he could have brought in a striker instead of Vlasic , you can't tell me there wasn't one available .
West Ham were linked with Barbosa for a couple of months and nothing happened as we want him on loan now with a view to buy in summer and thus wasting too much time. They just need to get on with it and buy him and hope to bring success to us, NOT OTHER TEAMS that buy him under our nose like it happened so many times in the past that we lost several top players that we were heavily linked and went on to succeed in other teams. This is getting really annoyed me of 3 weeks and nothing happened, same old craps from C & H which I closed that website now as it is too much negative and irritate me that we can't buy any one!

There is a reason why noone has bought him.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:28 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:14 pm

West Ham were linked with Barbosa for a couple of months and nothing happened as we want him on loan now with a view to buy in summer and thus wasting too much time. They just need to get on with it and buy him and hope to bring success to us, NOT OTHER TEAMS that buy him under our nose like it happened so many times in the past that we lost several top players that we were heavily linked and went on to succeed in other teams. This is getting really annoyed me of 3 weeks and nothing happened, same old craps from C & H which I closed that website now as it is too much negative and irritate me that we can't buy any one!

Perhaps he is NOT as strong as we think as his current club the league is no where as strong as our leagues or top European Leagues. I would rather use Oxo-Flex or Perkins to step up to Antonio plate if I were Moyes as both are doing very well in U23 and surely are ready to go for it. Lyall did that with Cottee and look how he did for us in 1985-86.

h69

Post by h69 »

Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:44 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:28 pm

Perhaps he is NOT as strong as we think as his current club the league is no where as strong as our leagues or top European Leagues. I would rather use Oxo-Flex or Perkins to step up to Antonio plate if I were Moyes as both are doing very well in U23 and surely are ready to go for it. Lyall did that with Cottee and look how he did for us in 1985-86.
I heard that he is a bit of a Diva

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 3:27 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:44 pm

I heard that he is a bit of a Diva
Well , a bit of a Div maybe :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

A Diver?! ah just what we need chalk up a few more penalties
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest