Remaining games

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: Remaining games

Post by Clayton »

Obviously the likes of Man City - Liverpool - Chelsea - Man Utd - Arsenal - Tottenham and Everton are far better equipped financially then us so expect them to be above us , they can go out and spend big , in Everton's case that doesn't always work 8-) . Newcastle don't count yet 👏 .
Then we have the likes of us , Leicester City - Aston Villa - Leeds , Wolves so in reality we should be somewhere in the region of 8th - 12th .
Well we are definitely over achieving ( well the starting eleven are ) , our squad , well the bench has a couple of players that can do a job and influence the match . Our fitness , energy and teamwork and a couple of outstanding players have made us a team to be reckoned with , but we just don't have enough on the bench for Moyes .

Towie

Post by Towie »

Our 1st eleven are good enough to give anyone a game.

A proper striker would improve us immensely, Cresswell needs replacing or at the very least adequate back up. Ogbonna I fear won’t be the same so we need another quality CB.

Moyes should be targeting these areas first.

Having been in the top 4 for most of the season, I personally would be very disappointed if we finish outside European spots, which is looking likely now.

We now have a couple weeks off, hope Moyes isn’t though.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:19 am Our 1st eleven are good enough to give anyone a game.

A proper striker would improve us immensely, Cresswell needs replacing or at the very least adequate back up. Ogbonna I fear won’t be the same so we need another quality CB.

Moyes should be targeting these areas first.

Having been in the top 4 for most of the season, I personally would be very disappointed if we finish outside European spots, which is looking likely now.

We now have a couple weeks off, hope Moyes isn’t though.
Anyone's 1st eleven is good enough to give anyone a game , it's doing it consistently that sorts the good from the average .
Moyes has been targeting a striker and LB since he has been at the club , the right one either doesn't want to come , is overpriced , isn't available or just not the right sort of striker 🙄 .
As for LB's all the ones we supposedly have wanted have gone to other clubs or he just didn't bother , Antonee Robinson - Rico Henry - Kieran Tierney - Junior Firpo - Romain Perraud and more recently Lucas Digne and Abdou Diallo .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

JayK wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:29 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:02 pm

What worries me most is Declan Rice, if West Ham failed to get to Europe next season, I knew 100% Rice will not sign a contract and will go to bigger club.
Wonder if gold and Sullivan wanna sell him before they sell up next year
We never know what they got in their mind.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:43 pm
Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 pm As we are in our winter break and that will give our players to rest and recharge batteries. We played 23 games so far more than our top 7 or 8 rivals. Wolves who are 8th and only 3 points behind us are in fine form and that is not good fur us as we could finished as low as 8th and nothing to play for next season.

Remaining games:

Home games left over - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Burnley, Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Watford and Wolves.

Away games left over - Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Norwich and Tottenham.

We got 37 points from 23 games, to finish top 6, we need at least 65 points so that 28 points to get from our remaining 15 games which is almost 2 points per games which is a big ask but can we achieved that?

Winnable chance:

Home - Burnley, Everton, Newcastle, Watford
Away - Brentford, Norwich

That 6 teams = 18 points added to the 37 points that makes 55 points.

Draw likely outcome

Home - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Man City (if they already sealed the title beforehand), Wolves
Away : Brighton (last game and nothing for them to play for), Leicester

That another 6 points from those 6 teams possible added to the 55 points that make 61 points which may give us 7th place.

Losable games:

Home: None
Away : Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham

Hope West Ham can do better than what I predicted
Decent analysis Ibbs. But home losable games nil? Have you forgotten Brentford, Southampton and Leeds. ? ;)
All I hope to stop this annoying losses against lesser teams.

Post by 9898 »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:47 pm As we are in our winter break and that will give our players to rest and recharge batteries. We played 23 games so far more than our top 7 or 8 rivals. Wolves who are 8th and only 3 points behind us are in fine form and that is not good fur us as we could finished as low as 8th and nothing to play for next season.

Remaining games:

Home games left over - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Burnley, Everton, Man City, Newcastle, Watford and Wolves.

Away games left over - Brentford, Brighton, Chelsea, Leicester, Liverpool, Norwich and Tottenham.

We got 37 points from 23 games, to finish top 6, we need at least 65 points so that 28 points to get from our remaining 15 games which is almost 2 points per games which is a big ask but can we achieved that?

Winnable chance:

Draw likely outcome

Home - Arsenal, Aston Villa, Man City (if they already sealed the title beforehand), Wolves

That another 6 points from those 6 teams possible added to the 55 points that make 61 points which may give us 7th place.

Losable games:

My prediction about the remaining games? We may get one coherent post from you before the last game........ we also may not.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:28 pm

Remaining games:

Winnable chance:

Draw likely outcome

Losable games:

I remember doing this sort of stuff has a 12 year old Ibbs :lol:
I used to do this in battle against relegations in my "West Ham League and Records" spreadsheet that I spend umpteen years with points achieved per games (up to 38 games), fixture and results, aggregated scored per team (home and away for example West Ham lost 3-1 to Man Utd in both fixtures and lost 3-2 total to Southampton in home and away total results, head to head against teams as they are too many red negative numbers that we lost more games than won in 70% of the teams including f&cking Brighton!, Records for all West Ham biggest wins, losses, draws, most wins to loss, goals, etc, complete league home and away records siince 1919 to now, West Ham non-league records from 1896 to 1915 (1895-96 was based friendly matches but not the non-leagues during Thames Ironworks times), Us against top 5 games exluding Spurs, Years in top light and Premier Leagues, Our London Stadium home record against opponents, Top 10 players most appearances (including Declan Rice appearences).

I always predicting the left over games to survive but this season and last season was the first I predicted remaining games for the top 4 or 6.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Ironworksfc wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:15 pm As it stands now, we will need lucky to finish 7th.

The end of season drop off has started earlier than last season and our lack of squad depth will find us wanting.

It's just a shame, as we should of built on what was achieved last season and haven't done so. Knew it would happen, so not really that surprised.
This is reminded of the 1986-87 when we were 7th or 8th after 25 games then collapsed to finish 15th after we finished 3rd in 1985-86 and this season is doing a similar feat and you know what will happen in 2 seasons time! Most of the teams like Villa, Newcastle, Southampton, Brighton, Palace and even Leeds will start catching our level and we could go back to strugglers again.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Ibbyham wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 8:02 pm

What worries me most is Declan Rice, if West Ham failed to get to Europe next season, I knew 100% Rice will not sign a contract and will go to bigger club.
Yep, that's what I reckon, they certainly aren't pushing the boat out to convince our best player to stay.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:46 pm

Yep, that's what I reckon, they certainly aren't pushing the boat out to convince our best player to stay.
Moyes must understand that as well , he could have brought in a striker instead of Vlasic , you can't tell me there wasn't one available .