Man Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Man Utd vs West Ham Utd Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:08 am Don’t know if mentioned but Declan Rice yesterday what a fucking player he is ,head and shoulders above everyone on that pitch.

Absolutely irreplaceable.
I'm sure Herr Rangnick noticed it as well. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

eskimo joe wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:56 am Summer 2025 we can expect our first permanent signing of a striker. Moyes stated in one on his interviews, can't remember if it was post or pre match, that there were plenty of options to buy in the summer but very few this January.

It's funny really, cause I felt there have been a number this January window compared to others in the same period.

Not putting it down as a reason for this loss , maybe for some recent ones, but whilst he's waiting for Jesus the Devil is having his fill

And whilst I'm here, why the fuck did he bring Fredrick's on when Johnson was available? I am not going to blame him for the goal, but it was a nice headed pass. I prefer Johnson as a player., and a bit more solid at the back.
A bit more solid at the back ? . That is a big understatement Joe , if both were a bowel system one would have Diarrhoea and the other would be Constipated .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:08 am Don’t know if mentioned but Declan Rice yesterday what a fucking player he is ,head and shoulders above everyone on that pitch.

Absolutely irreplaceable.
Don't know about irreplaceable :shock: , but he rarely plays poorly even when the team is . It's not very often he gets a rating below 8 from me and he was the standout player on the pitch yesterday and I wouldn't say it was his best game either .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Blaming the players for trying to win
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:01 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 4:57 pm We got what we deserved
Imo neither side deserved 3 points. We were poor. But tbh I’ve become accustomed to that in recent weeks

Totally self-inflicted I can’t for the life of me think what Fredericks was trying to do with that header.
Just pleased they didn't have a striker with their shooting boots on , ( even though Areola pulled off some very nice saves ) , because it could have been embarrassing , as they had 18 shots to our 6 .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:50 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:01 pm

Imo neither side deserved 3 points. We were poor. But tbh I’ve become accustomed to that in recent weeks

Totally self-inflicted I can’t for the life of me think what Fredericks was trying to do with that header.
Just pleased they didn't have a striker with their shooting boots on , ( even though Areola pulled off some very nice saves ) , because it could have been embarrassing , as they had 18 shots to our 6 .
And if we hadn’t fannied around in their area delaying good shooting opportunities we may have had a few.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:54 am
Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:50 am

And if we hadn’t fannied around in their area delaying good shooting opportunities we may have had a few.
But we do fanny around with out limited chances , the problem I felt was we couldn't get up the pitch to support Antonio and that we were being swamped in midfield . Really felt Coufal and Dawson were poor at the back and Lanzini was ineffective in midfield .

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Clayton wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:24 am
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:54 am
But we do fanny around with out limited chances , the problem I felt was we couldn't get up the pitch to support Antonio and that we were being swamped in midfield . Really felt Coufal and Dawson were poor at the back and Lanzini was ineffective in midfield .
Agree with that I also thought our set pieces and balls
into the box were piss poor yesterday
It’s very frustrating the amount of times were in the oppositions box and fuck about and either gives time for the defender to block or top up losing the fucking ball
has to be sorted out.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Moyes has quite shamelessly blamed Bowen Et Al for trying to win the game rather than respecting the point .

I rest my case .

Moyes out .
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:42 am Moyes has quite shamelessly blamed Bowen Et Al for trying to win the game rather than respecting the point .

I rest my case .

Moyes out .
Oh well at least he never blamed VAR.