West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Castiron

Re: West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Post by Castiron »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:56 pm
Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:50 pm Still can't believe Bowen missed that at the end 😫
And what about the performance for the ninety minutes , if that had been better all round we wouldn't of needed Bowen to score at the end to get a undeserved draw or am I being a tad finicky ? .

That's not my point. My point is why the fuck did he miss. All he had to do was nod it home, as he would do 99.9% of the time.
Think we deserved a draw.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:36 pm
Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:50 pm Still can't believe Bowen missed that at the end 😫
It happens. Cant score them all and can't win them all. I am happy with the progress so far. Usual meltdown has started but I am used to that these days
What meltdown?. Just seen your other post. 👍

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:36 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm

That's a fair point but I'm sure you will agree that some (much ?) of the criticism in some parts of the social media world isn't constructive criticism but basic abuse. The best piece of advice my old man gave me when I was a kid was never to say something behind someone's back you wouldn't be prepared to say to their face. One of the reasons I have little time for the Twittersphere tbh.
Quite right Whiskyman, but there is a difference between fair criticism and downright abuse.

I hate supporters booing our players, and I’m pretty sure Diop didn’t deliberately play like a twat so didn’t deserve most of the stadium cheering when he came off.

He is a young player and you could see his confidence draining with every mis-placed pass, it will take him time to recover from this. Let us hope Zouma is back for the weekend.
Funnily enough the booing of players, which was definitely getting much worse back in the day when I had my ST, was one of the reasons I stopped going. Carlton Cole was always someone who got dog’s abuse from a section of fans. He was no Lionel Messi but he always put a shift in but still got clog. When I started going our fans always made allowances for limited ability players who put in the hard miles but by the time I stopped going that didn’t seem to be the case anymore. Different times I guess.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:45 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:36 pm

It happens. Cant score them all and can't win them all. I am happy with the progress so far. Usual meltdown has started but I am used to that these days
What meltdown?. Sorry Just seen your other post. 👍

h69

Post by h69 »

Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:44 pm
Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:56 pm

And what about the performance for the ninety minutes , if that had been better all round we wouldn't of needed Bowen to score at the end to get a undeserved draw or am I being a tad finicky ? .

That's not my point. My point is why the fuck did he miss. All he had to do was nod it home, as he would do 99.9% of the time.
It happens. Players miss. On another day it goes in and we get a draw. We would not have deserved it but those things even out as we didnt deserve to lose to Man Utd. That is what makes football so enjoyable, it is not always predictable.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:58 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:21 pm

Calm Down

Was talking about social media (Twitter etc) not this forum. People even questioning Rice and his leadership skills and in one case, Bowen gets a slagging :?
Calm down? Really you get I’m angry from my post.

You read too much into things, don’t be so sensitive.

Rice made some questionable decisions yesterday, if you don’t let him know how will he improve.

Even Moyes publicly questioned Bowen over why he chose to chest and not head the last seconds chance!

Don’t like reading criticism of players don’t go on Twitter it a forum ffs.
FFS there you go again. You are talking bollocks mate.

Firstly, I never said anything about not criticising players. Where did I write that exactly ? and I never even mentioned Bowen and agree with Moyes that he should have scored but these things happen.
You clearly have not read what I have on social media as the comments are nothing short of abuse and it is one thing is saying that Rice made some questionable decisions which I have no issue with and another is writing 'Rice should fuck off to Chelsea as he clearly does not want to help us get to 4th' or 'he should be stripped of the armband as he is not committed to the club' or maybe you think that is ok ? Personally I think that is ridiculous and is the typical meltdown you get on social media whenever we lose. I also think the booing at Half time was also out of order. And Rice was lucky compared to some of the comments aimed at our other players Bowen included.

Didnt think you were angry but you were a bit defensive about the posts on this forum when I didnt mention people on the forum, just the usual meltdown or do you associate usual meltdown with this forum ?

Never had an issue with criticism of players but morons posting abuse to our best players which you know that they read is plain stupid. I've been critical of Lanzini myself for his performances of late and dont think he should be in the team but I dont feel the need to go on to twitter and abuse him.

Its not about whether I read stuff or not, it should not happen regardless but it is a sign of the kinds of fans we attract now. Wear a flat cap, drink a few pints and expect the team to win every game or go into abuse mode. Most of them are cowards and would not dare say these things to the player directly.

Towie

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:52 am
Towie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:58 pm

Calm down? Really you get I’m angry from my post.

You read too much into things, don’t be so sensitive.

Rice made some questionable decisions yesterday, if you don’t let him know how will he improve.

Even Moyes publicly questioned Bowen over why he chose to chest and not head the last seconds chance!

Don’t like reading criticism of players don’t go on Twitter it a forum ffs.
FFS there you go again. You are talking bollocks mate.

Firstly, I never said anything about not criticising players. Where did I write that exactly ? and I never even mentioned Bowen and agree with Moyes that he should have scored but these things happen.
You clearly have not read what I have on social media as the comments are nothing short of abuse and it is one thing is saying that Rice made some questionable decisions which I have no issue with and another is writing 'Rice should fuck off to Chelsea as he clearly does not want to help us get to 4th' or 'he should be stripped of the armband as he is not committed to the club' or maybe you think that is ok ? Personally I think that is ridiculous and is the typical meltdown you get on social media whenever we lose. I also think the booing at Half time was also out of order. And Rice was lucky compared to some of the comments aimed at our other players Bowen included.

Didnt think you were angry but you were a bit defensive about the posts on this forum when I didnt mention people on the forum, just the usual meltdown or do you associate usual meltdown with this forum ?

Never had an issue with criticism of players but morons posting abuse to our best players which you know that they read is plain stupid. I've been critical of Lanzini myself for his performances of late and dont think he should be in the team but I dont feel the need to go on to twitter and abuse him.

Its not about whether I read stuff or not, it should not happen regardless but it is a sign of the kinds of fans we attract now. Wear a flat cap, drink a few pints and expect the team to win every game or go into abuse mode. Most of them are cowards and would not dare say these things to the player directly.

Ffs, sometimes you really are a tosser.

Exactly where was I talking bollocks?

Your first post said, the normal meltdown has started.
This was posted on this forum, so presumably you are talking about members of this forum, if not please clarify you are talking about Twitter. We are not mind readers.

Your 2nd post mentioned Bowen, try re reading it.
Which is why I commented on Bowen’s miss.

Agree about abuse, but why do you go through it all on Twitter?
Why not only follow the sensible posters and don’t bother to read the comments from the neantherals.

Then you won’t get so wound up about it.

I won’t respond to you again, I find you as a poster who has no consideration for others opinions and are just so high and mighty.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

h69 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 am
Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:44 pm
It happens. Players miss. On another day it goes in and we get a draw. We would not have deserved it but those things even out as we didnt deserve to lose to Man Utd. That is what makes football so enjoyable, it is not always predictable.
I think he was actually trying to be clever,that's why he's apologised. I'm in no doubt that Moyes had something to say about it in the dresser.
If that was a last minute chance in the Europa final to win it, not sure you'd be so forgiving.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Castiron wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:32 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 am

I think he was actually trying to be clever,that's why he's apologised. I'm in no doubt that Moyes had something to say about it in the dresser.
If that was a last minute chance in the Europa final to win it, not sure you'd be so forgiving.
It's an interesting one,split second decision. Did Bowen not have a header earlier, where he got too much on it and powered it high over the bar.
Wondering if that recent memory informed his choice,to try and chest trap the ball in,rather than use his head. Obviously poor decision at the time and restrospectively, also maybe as simple as someone confusing themselves in the moment.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:39 pm
Castiron wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:32 pm
It's an interesting one,split second decision. Did Bowen not have a header earlier, where he got too much on it and powered it high over the bar.
Wondering if that recent memory informed his choice,to try and chest trap the ball in,rather than use his head. Obviously poor decision at the time and restrospectively, also maybe as simple as someone confusing themselves in the moment.
Yep possibly, but either way a shocker 😫