West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Towie

Re: West Ham Vs Leeds Utd Premier League Official Match Thread

Post by Towie »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:36 pm
Castiron wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:50 pm Still can't believe Bowen missed that at the end 😫
It happens. Cant score them all and can't win them all. I am happy with the progress so far. Usual meltdown has started but I am used to that these days
Where is the meltdown? Really are we not allowed to discuss the reasons behind a defeat?

Everyone is happy with the progress, but surely the aim is to keep on improving?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

We'll have wor Andy back soon, so all bases are covered.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

h69

Post by h69 »

Towie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:54 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:36 pm

It happens. Cant score them all and can't win them all. I am happy with the progress so far. Usual meltdown has started but I am used to that these days
Where is the meltdown? Really are we not allowed to discuss the reasons behind a defeat?

Everyone is happy with the progress, but surely the aim is to keep on improving?
Calm Down

Was talking about social media (Twitter etc) not this forum. People even questioning Rice and his leadership skills and in one case, Bowen gets a slagging :?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:21 pm

Calm Down

Was talking about social media (Twitter etc) not this forum. People even questioning Rice and his leadership skills and in one case, Bowen gets a slagging :?
Twitter ? Isn't that the place where the lunatics run the asylum ?

Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:26 pm

Calm Down

Same with most social media sites and forums I do believe.

Fair amount of people booing at H/T and F/T on Sunday. I wish some of these so-called fans could be transported back to games in the last 20 years where we were cut adrift and could not buy a win (Avram Grant years would be a good start).

Towie

Post by Towie »

Calm Down

Calm down? Really you get I’m angry from my post.

You read too much into things, don’t be so sensitive.

Rice made some questionable decisions yesterday, if you don’t let him know how will he improve.

Even Moyes publicly questioned Bowen over why he chose to chest and not head the last seconds chance!

Don’t like reading criticism of players don’t go on Twitter it a forum ffs.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:27 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:26 pm

Same with most social media sites and forums I do believe.

Fair amount of people booing at H/T and F/T on Sunday. I wish some of these so-called fans could be transported back to games in the last 20 years where we were cut adrift and could not buy a win (Avram Grant years would be a good start).
Be fair. I'm sure we were all creaming our collective knickers when Uncle Avram announced he had signed Freddie Piquionne.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:16 am
JayK wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:07 am

We’ll be better next weekend coz we’ll be able to play our favoured tactics of sitting back and hitting hard on the break. Don’t ask us to try break lower table teams down though.

And he had no excuse. Said we were poor and we were. I don’t like excuses for the sake of them
But your not going to get a better opportunity to sit back and punish a team on the break than against a hung ho Bielsa team Jay ?
True mate. So was it over confidence thinking we could do the same as last Sunday?
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:58 pm

Calm Down

Rice made some questionable decisions yesterday, if you don’t let him know how will he improve.

Even Moyes publicly questioned Bowen over why he chose to chest and not head the last seconds chance!

That's a fair point but I'm sure you will agree that some (much ?) of the criticism in some parts of the social media world isn't constructive criticism but basic abuse. The best piece of advice my old man gave me when I was a kid was never to say something behind someone's back you wouldn't be prepared to say to their face. One of the reasons I have little time for the Twittersphere tbh.

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:32 pm
Towie wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:58 pm

That's a fair point but I'm sure you will agree that some (much ?) of the criticism in some parts of the social media world isn't constructive criticism but basic abuse. The best piece of advice my old man gave me when I was a kid was never to say something behind someone's back you wouldn't be prepared to say to their face. One of the reasons I have little time for the Twittersphere tbh.
Quite right Whiskyman, but there is a difference between fair criticism and downright abuse.

I hate supporters booing our players, and I’m pretty sure Diop didn’t deliberately play like a twat so didn’t deserve most of the stadium cheering when he came off.

He is a young player and you could see his confidence draining with every mis-placed pass, it will take him time to recover from this. Let us hope Zouma is back for the weekend.