West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Didn't see the game, only the highlights, because we had a family do with the kids and grandkids but relying on the highlights and comments here and elsewhere it seems that Vlasic was unlucky to be subbed as he was the best of a poor bunch, Coufal had a very poor match , the whole defensive set up looked dodgy and all in all it was a typical; West Ham Boxing Day performance.

Don't know who the bloke was with Gonzo doing the post match analysis bit but it was nice to hear someone talking sense instead of the usual knee jerk crap normally spewed out on the click baits. Mind you he said Rice was blameless so perhaps you should look at Saints first goal again mate, whoever you are ;)

From the highlights couldn't see why a lot of people seem to be pinning most of the blame on Masuaku. We all know he isn't a full back but didn't seem to be directly at fault with any of the goals. But why on earth play the bloke as a full back when we had Johnson , Kral , who apparently has played FB on occasions, and for that matter Longelo who looked decent when he played against Zagreb. It's a situation that needs addressing pronto if, as we're hearing, Cresswell faces a lengthy spell out.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:20 am Didn't see the game, only the highlights, because we had a family do with the kids and grandkids but relying on the highlights and comments here and elsewhere it seems that Vlasic was unlucky to be subbed as he was the best of a poor bunch, Coufal had a very poor match , the whole defensive set up looked dodgy and all in all it was a typical; West Ham Boxing Day performance.

Don't know who the bloke was with Gonzo doing the post match analysis bit but it was nice to hear someone talking sense instead of the usual knee jerk crap normally spewed out on the click baits. Mind you he said Rice was blameless so perhaps you should look at Saints first goal again mate, whoever you are ;)

From the highlights couldn't see why a lot of people seem to be pinning most of the blame on Masuaku. We all know he isn't a full back but didn't seem to be directly at fault with any of the goals. But why on earth play the bloke as a full back when we had Johnson , Kral , who apparently has played FB on occasions, and for that matter Longelo who looked decent when he played against Zagreb. It's a situation that needs addressing pronto if, as we're hearing, Cresswell faces a lengthy spell out.
I couldn’t put Masuaku at fault either but as you say, shouldn’t be in the 1st 11. Had they attacked our left, I’m sure it woulda been a more comfortable win for them
COYI!!!

Towie

Post by Towie »

Well Whiskyman, you know our boo boys need scapegoats. Masuaku is that man at the moment.

I agree Masuaku is not a LB, he is more of a winger that why he should only play in a 5. Certainly not to blame for any of our goals conceded.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The constant groans and jeer’s from all around me over there say’s it all about fucking Arthur
From constantly giving the ball away to those “mazy” runs into dead ends when a simple pass was needed
As for being a winger the cunt can’t even cross a fucking ball.
A liability in my opinion

Goal against the rent boys aside of course.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Towie wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:51 am Well Whiskyman, you know our boo boys need scapegoats. Masuaku is that man at the moment.

I agree Masuaku is not a LB, he is more of a winger that why he should only play in a 5. Certainly not to blame for any of our goals conceded.
Not sure it's just the boo boys mate. He got a roasting on match of the day for his performance.
Let's face it, we've run out of ideas. Watching us go from side to side, then putting a cross in, barely beating the first man, and hoping someone gets on the end of it is pretty fucking tedious.
Then when we need some inspiration from the bench, he throws on Yarmalenko, praying that he does something, just anything to help us turn the tide, when we all know, he is just pissing in the wind.
Sometimes you have to shake things up when things are not going your way, throw youngster on who might just have the balls to try something different.
Play Noble and Krall in the middle, and put Soucek in and around the box for Watford.
If it doesn't work then we'll know. Just trying to play the same way with these players is clearly not fucking working.
It's up to Moyes to sort it and he better do it quickly.

Post by 9898 »

Castiron wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:35 am
Towie wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:51 am Well Whiskyman, you know our boo boys need scapegoats. Masuaku is that man at the moment.

Not sure it's just the boo boys mate. He got a roasting on match of the day for his performance.
Let's face it, we've run out of ideas. Watching us go from side to side, then putting a cross in, barely beating the first man, and hoping someone gets on the end of it is pretty fucking tedious.
Then when we need some inspiration from the bench, he throws on Yarmalenko, praying that he does something, just anything to help us turn the tide, when we all know, he is just pissing in the wind.
Sometimes you have to shake things up when things are not going your way, throw youngster on who might just have the balls to try something different.
Play Noble and Krall in the middle, and put Soucek in and around the box for Watford.
If it doesn't work then we'll know. Just trying to play the same way with these players is clearly not fucking working.
Foresight. I had it. You had none.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

palerider

Post by palerider »

Should really be on the Watford match post but as it's relevant....

3-5-2

Fabianski

Dawson
Diop
Baptiste or Alese

Coufal
Lanzini
Fornals
Soucek
Johnson

Bowen
Antonio

Towie

Post by Towie »

I agree, just don’t understand why Moyes plays Masuaku as a LB, he just can’t do the job. In a five he can be effective though as someone else says his crossing can be erratic, but he does have ability to deliver a pearler.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

What is more worrying, at least it is to me, is that Moyes himself has basically said Masuaku isn't a Left Back. So I think you know the question I would ask the manager if I met him and got involved in a conversation. And I suspect you may well ask him the same thing. ;)

I think it unlikely, but I do sometimes wonder (and worry) there may be some sort of contractual thing that stipulates the manager must play a "senior" professional ahead of the younger players. I'm sure that's not the case but nagging doubts persist as it seems to happen very often.

FFS Stuart Pearce is on our coaching staff and he was a left back. Surely he has some input into selection matters.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

9898 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:41 am
Foresight. I had it. You had none.
Funny you should mention foresight. I pictured a cunt for Christmas....and lo and behold.