West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
tassiehammer

Re: West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Post by tassiehammer »

Decorations come down and.... Thats a few games now where if we want to mix it with the big boys we have to win. I know the injuries don't help but maybe a bit of complacency creeping in. Oh well, happy new year to all.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:18 pm
JayK wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:02 pm Well we definitely came out 2nd half with a bit more motivation and energy, but going from a defence tight as arseholes in the early part of the season, it’s now an arsehole taking a fisting every game. We desperately need 2 players in Jan. a striker and a CB
So why didn't the jock motivate us at the start of the first half ? It was a case of us allowing them the ball and waiting for them to score, which didn't take long. That's ok with your best defence but not with today's abomination.

In short, total dogshit. Good job we've got 28 points because we're in relegation form. As for Vlasic, who cost 23 million quid, what a fucking great spot Moyes. I'm in the loft tomorrow to see if my size 8's are up there.

Moyes out.
Loads of questions Al and loads of finger pointing. I’m not focussing on one area, I just hope we sort this shit out soon, and with a couple more signings. I won’t hold my breath
COYI!!!

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

We have got to get Soucek playing further up,it's fucking rediculous that a man with his height is not getting in the box anymore ffs.
If needs be, put Krall in the holding alongside Rice and sacrifice Bennny of Fornals at the moment.
We need to get back to clean sheets.
Moyes is still trying to play the same way without the personnel.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Piss poor performance overall, but I fail to see how on earth that was a penalty
Flairon

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:02 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:18 pm

So why didn't the jock motivate us at the start of the first half ? It was a case of us allowing them the ball and waiting for them to score, which didn't take long. That's ok with your best defence but not with today's abomination.

In short, total dogshit. Good job we've got 28 points because we're in relegation form. As for Vlasic, who cost 23 million quid, what a fucking great spot Moyes. I'm in the loft tomorrow to see if my size 8's are up there.

Moyes out.
Loads of questions Al and loads of finger pointing. I’m not focussing on one area, I just hope we sort this shit out soon, and with a couple more signings. I won’t hold my breath
It's painful to watch atm Jay. And despite the euphoria of last season, the buck ultimately rests with Moyes, rightly or wrongly.

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:18 am
JayK wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:02 pm

It's painful to watch atm Jay. And despite the euphoria of last season, the buck ultimately rests with Moyes, rightly or wrongly.
It is painful Al. Last half a dozen or so games have been really quite poor.
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

JayK wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:09 am
palerider wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 5:18 am

I'm no master tactician mate but I know a scared manager when I see one. He's setting up a team not to lose. Which I get against the victims, plastics, even the vermin, but not at home against a bang average team, even with injuries.

I accept Antonio being on the bench after a positive test. Many would argue he should always be there anyway. But we were so negative from the start. Moyes must know Arthur can't defend so why play him trying to do that ? A 3-5-2 yesterday with one of the kids in the 3, leave that useless tart Vlasic out, push Soucek up near Bowen with crosses soming in and we'd have been so much more a threat. We've badly missed his goals this season.

Top managers adapt to key injuries. Moyes doesn't.

Sam in a fucking kilt atm.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

palerider wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:57 am

I'm no master tactician mate but I know a scared manager when I see one. He's setting up a team not to lose. Which I get against the victims, plastics, even the vermin, but not at home against a bang average team, even with injuries.

I accept Antonio being on the bench after a positive test. Many would argue he should always be there anyway. But we were so negative from the start. Moyes must know Arthur can't defend so why play him trying to do that ? A 3-5-2 yesterday with one of the kids in the 3, leave that useless tart Vlasic out, push Soucek up near Bowen with crosses soming in and we'd have been so much more a threat. We've badly missed his goals this season.

Rice is very good at bringing the ball forward, so I get that he has got a bit more freedom, but having Soucek just sitting in the middle is a waste of a space. It's no coincidence is it?.
It will be interesting to see what he does without Rice next game, and will be pretty damning for Kralls future if he picks a 34 year old over him in midfield.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Tbh Al, I think he’s always done that. Just we been so great on the counter the last few months that it worked out for us. Give us the ball more and we don’t really know what to do or how to use it to unlock defences. Set pieces helped with that bit a lot
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Castiron wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:05 am

Rice is very good at bringing the ball forward, so I get that he has got a bit more freedom, but having Soucek just sitting in the middle is a waste of a space. It's no coincidence is it?.
It will be interesting to see what he does without Rice next game, and will be pretty damning for Kralls future if he picks a 34 year old over him in midfield.
Totally agree about Kral.

We may just as well have kept Conor Coventry.