West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Back to league business and hope we will bounce back to wining ways. My main worries is Cresswell and Antonio as I don't think Antonio will be ready by then which is a blow and whether Cresswell injury on his back has cleared up as it is taking a lot more time. We need to be more creativity in attack and please NO MASUAKU on the full back or even wing back. Coufal will be back from suspension so that a plus side so Johnson will fill in LB role as Cresswell may not be ready yet.

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Ricey
Soucek

Benraham
Lanzini
Fornals

Bowen

Hope we will perform to the max and NEED to get back to winning ways and hope no hic-cup on Covid-19 as we are in our bare bone.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Southampton Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:55 pm Back to league business and hope we will bounce back to wining ways. My main worries is Cresswell and Antonio as I don't think Antonio will be ready by then which is a blow and whether Cresswell injury on his back has cleared up as it is taking a lot more time. We need to be more creativity in attack and please NO MASUAKU on the full back or even wing back. Coufal will be back from suspension so that a plus side so Johnson will fill in LB role as Cresswell may not be ready yet.
Ibbs, I really hope you meant to say WINNING and not WHINING. There's quite enough of the "I told you we should have signed a striker" and "Fuck me, we desperately need a defender" going on without you wanting more. ;)

Agree with you about Cresswell. For a bloke who was apparently taking a fitness test before the Arsenal match he is taking a long time to get back to full working order. Personally I couldn't give a monkeys if Antonio is fit or not as he's been misfiring recently and is more of a liability than an asset in his present form. If it was down to me I'd push Bowen into the strikers role and bring in Vlasic, who I thought played well last night, to join Fornals and Lanzini.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 8:51 am
Ibbyham wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:55 pm Back to league business and hope we will bounce back to wining ways. My main worries is Cresswell and Antonio as I don't think Antonio will be ready by then which is a blow and whether Cresswell injury on his back has cleared up as it is taking a lot more time. We need to be more creativity in attack and please NO MASUAKU on the full back or even wing back. Coufal will be back from suspension so that a plus side so Johnson will fill in LB role as Cresswell may not be ready yet.
Ibbs, I really hope you meant to say WINNING and not WHINING. There's quite enough of the "I told you we should have signed a striker" and "Fuck me, we desperately need a defender" going on without you wanting more. ;)

Agree with you about Cresswell. For a bloke who was apparently taking a fitness test before the Arsenal match he is taking a long time to get back to full working order. Personally I couldn't give a monkeys if Antonio is fit or not as he's been misfiring recently and is more of a liability than an asset in his present form. If it was down to me I'd push Bowen into the strikers role and bring in Vlasic, who I thought played well last night, to join Fornals and Lanzini.
Is it uncharitable - at this time of year to say - but it's only fucking Southampton...are we at all bovvered ?

Dagger

Post by Dagger »

only Southampton but a must win game for us need to get the momentum back

thought we did well with 5 first teamers out, look at the victims remove van dick and they have problems

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

You could be right as Vlasic is getting better and giving him more games times, he will get better as I feel we have better attack with Vlasic than Benrahma.

Hope Cressie will be back soon but Moyes will not put 5-4-1 fomrmation as Coufal is back so revert to 4-2-3-1 with Coufal and Johnson on full back and Masuaku on the bench.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Ricey
Soucek

Benraham
Lanzini
Fornals

Bowen

Hope we will perform to the max and NEED to get back to winning ways and hope no hic-cup on Covid-19 as we are in our bare bone.

What’s kick off time Ibby ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 11:54 am

Squad:

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Diop
Johnson

Ricey
Soucek

Benraham
Lanzini
Fornals

Bowen

What’s kick off time Ibby ?
3pm, I will be on the sleigh above the London Stadium. :lol: :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Why won't Cresswell be ready yet ?

Fucking tart.

He collided with a post, not the QE2.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:06 pm Why won't Cresswell be ready yet ?

Fucking tart.

He collided with a post, not the QE2.
I concur.
If it were Benni McCarthy they'd need to rebuild the whole stadium.
Big fucking girlie.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:08 am

Is it uncharitable - at this time of year to say - but it's only fucking Southampton...are we at all bovvered ?
I think historically West Ham’s results on Boxing Day can best be described as shit.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?