Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

This match will be very tight and hope we can perform better if we want to get anything from this game. All I pray for no more injuries as this is the first of 3 matches in 6 days which I find it very hectic as one mid-week games could be more useful in May than December if I were the FA Premier League Chief.

Question will be whether Moyes will put 3 defenders on the back with Cressie on left side of the 3 defence with Masuaku as Wing-back to attack or stick to the 4-2-3-1 but need a left footed central defender which Moyes don't have at the moment as Ogbonna is out for rest of the season. I think 3-4-2-1 may be the best option but 4-2-3-1 can be used during the match if 3-4-2-1 does not work out like we did against plastic so I think 4-2-3-1 may be used. Lanzin will be returning as starting line-up as he is better than Benrahma as Benny frustrate me with his poo ability in attack.

Players not involved are: Ogbonna, Johnson, Zouma and Johnson.

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Diop
Cresswell

Spicy Ricey
Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Hope we will start on top as we did against Everton and we have to be more clinical as Burnley are itching for a win to get out of bottom 3 so that more harder to play with. Antonio need to man up and be counted.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

andyginbrasil

Re: Burnley vs West Ham Official Match Thread

Post by andyginbrasil »

Where's Alfie?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

andyginbrasil wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:04 pm Where's Alfie?
Alfie Noakes ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs 👍
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Id go for wingbacks to strenghten defence abit with Oggy/Zouma out, also think Masuaku deserves to start.

Fabianski
Coufal Diop Dawson Cresswell Masuaku
Rice Soucek
Bowen Antonio Fornals

Areola
Ashby
Alese
Baptiste
Longelo
Lanzini
Kral
Benrahma
Vlasic

Expected subs to come on: Lanzini, Benrahma and Vlasic

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Ibbyham wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:54 pm This match will be very tight and hope we can perform better if we want to get anything from this game. All I pray for no more injuries as this is the first of 3 matches in 6 days which I find it very hectic as one mid-week games could be more useful in May than December if I were the FA Premier League Chief.

Question will be whether Moyes will put 3 defenders on the back with Cressie on left side of the 3 defence with Masuaku as Wing-back to attack or stick to the 4-2-3-1 but need a left footed central defender which Moyes don't have at the moment as Ogbonna is out for rest of the season. I think 3-4-2-1 may be the best option but 4-2-3-1 can be used during the match if 3-4-2-1 does not work out like we did against plastic so I think 4-2-3-1 may be used. Lanzin will be returning as starting line-up as he is better than Benrahma as Benny frustrate me with his poo ability in attack.

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Diop
Cresswell

Spicy Ricey
Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Hope we will start on top as we did against Everton and we have to be more clinical as Burnley are itching for a win to get out of bottom 3 so that more harder to play with. Antonio need to man up and be counted.

Do we have 3 defenders available!?! 😂 😆
Flairon

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

thomasswe wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:43 am Id go for wingbacks to strenghten defence abit with Oggy/Zouma out, also think Masuaku deserves to start.

Fabianski
Rice Soucek
Bowen Antonio Fornals

Areola
Ashby
Alese
Baptiste
Longelo
Lanzini
Kral
Benrahma
Vlasic

I expect Moyes to be hoping to get Cresswell back for this so he can play a 4.
Regardless of how many defenders we have and which formation, Masuaku is a fucking liability if he is included defensively .

I think Coufal , Dawson , Diop and Cresswell can cope with Burnley providing Fornals covers Cresswell ( who also can’t defend) .

However with the question marks against both Cresswell’s and Fornals’ participation in this one we have to assume ( as I always tend to) that we will concede .

Meaning we have to score more than them .

Burnley defend very deep , even at home , so we need somebody to somehow unlock their defence , a problem we have had for years and particularly since Moyes has been here .

Therefore Lanzini is our best bet alongside Bowen and Benrahma ( Fornals played against Zagreb?) .

And I’d play Vlasic up front just to see … and Unleash Antonio in the last half hour .
Bring back Jonathon !

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Flairon wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 7:06 am
Ibbyham wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:54 pm This match will be very tight and hope we can perform better if we want to get anything from this game. All I pray for no more injuries as this is the first of 3 matches in 6 days which I find it very hectic as one mid-week games could be more useful in May than December if I were the FA Premier League Chief.

Fabianski

Coufal
Dawson
Diop
Cresswell

Spicy Ricey
Soucek

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Do we have 3 defenders available!?! 😂 😆
Of course as Cressie can be on the left side of the 3 defences with Masuaku as LWB but it is up to Moyes what formation does he wants to. This will confused Burnley plan to stop us. :lol: :lol: :lol:
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

thomasswe

Post by thomasswe »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:37 am
thomasswe wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:43 am Id go for wingbacks to strenghten defence abit with Oggy/Zouma out, also think Masuaku deserves to start.

Fabianski
Rice Soucek
Bowen Antonio Fornals

Areola
Ashby
Alese
Baptiste
Longelo
Lanzini
Kral
Benrahma
Vlasic

I expect Moyes to be hoping to get Cresswell back for this so he can play a 4.
Regardless of how many defenders we have and which formation, Masuaku is a fucking liability if he is included defensively .

I think Coufal , Dawson , Diop and Cresswell can cope with Burnley providing Fornals covers Cresswell ( who also can’t defend) .

However with the question marks against both Cresswell’s and Fornals’ participation in this one we have to assume ( as I always tend to) that we will concede .

Meaning we have to score more than them .

Burnley defend very deep , even at home , so we need somebody to somehow unlock their defence , a problem we have had for years and particularly since Moyes has been here .

Therefore Lanzini is our best bet alongside Bowen and Benrahma ( Fornals played against Zagreb?) .

And I’d play Vlasic up front just to see … and Unleash Antonio in the last half hour .
I quite like the 5-2-3/3-4-3 formation as an option to 4-2-3-1 depending who is avaliable. Masuaku is a different player at wingback while he seems to be lacking at left back or left wing. Also Fredericks is most useful in a back 5.

We have a heavy schedule coming up and we probably need to utilize most of the squad, up until Oggys injury we were able to play the "PL XI and the cup XI", with Oggy and Zouma out i gets trickier along with Johnson who could start or cover at both RB and LB.

Many players are gonna be playing twice a week even with rotation.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I’d keep Vlasic well away from the team. If he was a horse he’d be in a glue factory right now
COYI!!!