Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:14 am When all else fails there's always Jesse lingard to fall back on :lol:
I watched Man United's game tonight with my 15 year old grandson. He started "supporting" United because two of his mates decided to support City. He actually asked me to explain why, if Jesse Lingard can't buy a game for United at the moment , West Ham , who he thinks (and I agree) are a much better TEAM than United at the moment, despite United having better players, would be interested in bringing him in.

I didn't have an answer then and having thought about it for the last 2 or 3 hours I still haven't.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:32 am
Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:14 am When all else fails there's always Jesse lingard to fall back on :lol:
I watched Man United's game tonight with my 15 year old grandson. He started "supporting" United because two of his mates decided to support City. He actually asked me to explain why, if Jesse Lingard can't buy a game for United at the moment , West Ham , who he thinks (and I agree) are a much better TEAM than United at the moment, despite United having better players, would be interested in bringing him in.

I didn't have an answer then and having thought about it for the last 2 or 3 hours I still haven't.
I had a similar discussion with a mate of mine, who raves about young Jesse. Yes he's a decent player and all the rest of it, but for me not what we need, nor should be looking at to bring in. It was obvious he was going to play out of his socks for us, in order to get himself back in the limelight and either get a contract with Man Utd or move on to a bigger club. Fair enough he did that but it's not working for him. It just seems to me he's just a maturer Revel Morrison whose happy to warm a bench and collect his wages and who wouldn't do that in his situation, I know I would. There's three areas we all know that need addressing and he doesn't fit in to any of them at our club.
So with all due respect Jesse, fuck right off, sit on the bench at your average team, and shite management, we don't need you.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

TBH, I think you might be being a tad harsh on Lingard, personally i don't think he is happy sitting on the bench and drawing an effortless wage, but having said that he does need to sort out his priorities. We all knew how things would pan out for him staying at United, he needs to sort himself out and make a decision based on his ambition and not where his love lays. It isn't being reciprocated, to them he's just a spare part.

We however need to stop holding the door open for him and get down to our own business, can't help thinking we would have had another striker on the books had we not dallied about waiting for an outcome on Lingard. Some things are not meant to be, and the signs for a while have told us this is one of them.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

JayK

Post by JayK »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:04 am TBH, I think you might be being a tad harsh on Lingard, personally i don't think he is happy sitting on the bench and drawing an effortless wage, but having said that he does need to sort out his priorities. We all knew how things would pan out for him staying at United, he needs to sort himself out and make a decision based on his ambition and not where his love lays. It isn't being reciprocated, to them he's just a spare part.

We however need to stop holding the door open for him and get down to our own business, can't help thinking we would have had another striker on the books had we not dallied about waiting for an outcome on Lingard. Some things are not meant to be, and the signs for a while have told us this is one of them.
If Moyes is to be believed, we knew very early on in the last window Lingard wasn’t available. Maybe the door was left ajar for him just in case he became a free agent in the summer coming but it wasn’t left wide open for him. Again, if Moyes is to be believed, there wasn’t a single striker available last summer in the model he wanted.
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:39 am
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:04 am TBH, I think you might be being a tad harsh on Lingard, personally i don't think he is happy sitting on the bench and drawing an effortless wage, but having said that he does need to sort out his priorities. We all knew how things would pan out for him staying at United, he needs to sort himself out and make a decision based on his ambition and not where his love lays. It isn't being reciprocated, to them he's just a spare part.

If Moyes is to be believed, we knew very early on in the last window Lingard wasn’t available. Maybe the door was left ajar for him just in case he became a free agent in the summer coming but it wasn’t left wide open for him. Again, if Moyes is to be believed, there wasn’t a single striker available last summer in the model he wanted.
If there wasn’t a suitable striker available last summer ) or the 2 previous windows) then there ain’t going to be one available now is there ?

I’m not against the idea of a perm-any-3-from-4 fluid front line false 9 type system but I’m bang against the idea of signing Lingard just cos we can’t get a striker .

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again , fuck Lingard he had his chance and blew it what with his over romantic ideas that Manure are HIS team .

Well I’ve got news for him , Manure don’t want HIM and the sooner he gets used to that idea the better off he’ll be …
Just not at West Ham.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:55 pm It looks like Everton are signing another LB , Patterson , from Rangers , so Digne is definitely on his way .

Ok he’s 28 going on 29 but surely worth an enquiry ?
We’d get all the good things that Cresswell supplies plus pace and the ability to defend as well .

A no brainer Shirley ?
From what I been reading, Patterson is a RB. It was on BBC Sport though so could be wrong
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:58 am
Newmarket wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:55 pm It looks like Everton are signing another LB , Patterson , from Rangers , so Digne is definitely on his way .

Ok he’s 28 going on 29 but surely worth an enquiry ?
We’d get all the good things that Cresswell supplies plus pace and the ability to defend as well .

A no brainer Shirley ?
From what I been reading, Patterson is a RB. It was on BBC Sport though so could be wrong
Well whatever . Either way Digne fell out with Benitez and is available.
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:57 am

If there wasn’t a suitable striker available last summer ) or the 2 previous windows) then there ain’t going to be one available now is there ?

I’m not against the idea of a perm-any-3-from-4 fluid front line false 9 type system but I’m bang against the idea of signing Lingard just cos we can’t get a striker .

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again , fuck Lingard he had his chance and blew it what with his over romantic ideas that Manure are HIS team .

Well I’ve got news for him , Manure don’t want HIM and the sooner he gets used to that idea the better off he’ll be …
Just not at West Ham.
And as far as the click bait sites are concerned, it doesn’t help that Lingard keeps posting pics of himself etc in West Ham shirts .
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:57 am

Just not at West Ham.
You’d think someone would be available or Moyes type eventually. What’s our scouting network like now? Is it just Moyes boy and the new head of recruitment? The “right” striker will be retired by the time they got round to looking at him.

As for Lingard, I’m not bothered tbh. He fit in with the team demographics but lost his way after his England call up. I do still think he’s better than Benny though
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:00 am
JayK wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:58 am

Well whatever . Either way Digne fell out with Benitez and is available.
👍🏽
COYI!!!