Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:13 am Ok, keeper talk again. Areola is willing,it appears, or so rumour suggests, to remain at West Ham despite his limited appearances. His contract with PSG runs until 2023,.

I wonder what the terms of the loan deal was and if it would still put Sullivan off a permanent stay?! Or, knowing Areolas wishes make renegotiation possible.
I’m thinking that Moyes now has enough credit in the bank that it’s now what he wants, not the dwarf, that matters when it comes to players.

Which is good because it means we won’t see any more Benni McCarthys or Jack Wilshires
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:44 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:13 am Ok, keeper talk again. Areola is willing,it appears, or so rumour suggests, to remain at West Ham despite his limited appearances. His contract with PSG runs until 2023,.

I wonder what the terms of the loan deal was and if it would still put Sullivan off a permanent stay?! Or, knowing Areolas wishes make renegotiation possible.
I’m thinking that Moyes now has enough credit in the bank that it’s now what he wants, not the dwarf, that matters when it comes to players.

Which is good because it means we won’t see any more Benni McCarthys or Jack Wilshires
But we might see a Jordan Hugill or two…
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Towie wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:18 am

But we might see a Jordan Hugill or two…
You actually SAW Hugill. ? :o

garnett

Post by garnett »

Day 17, and it has never been so glaringly obvious that we have a woefully inadequate squad in term's of quality.
I doubt very much we will add quality now, just journeymen.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Actually think Moyes's credit is running short of cash , Kral cannot get a start and Vlasic has to play out of position as a left wing . The likes of Okoflex a left winger smashing it for the u23's cant get a cup game against a side with a handful of players out . Yarmolenko and Masuaku as we all know are not the answer when all is going wrong . Why isn't Areola starting , the defence has looked far better with him in goal . Ashby and the likes of Longelo must be wondering what they have to do to be given a chance .

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Fucking amazes me how the likes of Aston Villa can add two quality additions who walk straight in to their first team, no fucking about straight in. They're nowhere near the top four, not in Europe, but nevertheless they got them in. We on the other hand are a team that resemble the walking dead and can't get anyone for love nor money.
It stinks of that little meddling little cunt once again.
Surely if you know you're in FOUR competitions at the start of the season and you've known for TWO years you need a striker, you've at least got your eye on one or two. So where the fuck are they!
Realistically we're now down to two competitions we can win, top fours gone, which leaves the F.A.cup and Europe, Zouma's back, Souceks back, so those excuses are dead in the water.
They're obviously never going to play Kral, so get rid of him and free up some wages and get a fucking striker in!!!!!!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:12 pm

Actually think Moyes's credit is running short of cash , Kral cannot get a start and Vlasic has to play out of position as a left wing . The likes of Okoflex a left winger smashing it for the u23's cant get a cup game against a side with a handful of players out . Yarmolenko and Masuaku as we all know are not the answer when all is going wrong . Why isn't Areola starting , the defence has looked far better with him in goal . Ashby and the likes of Longelo must be wondering what they have to do to be given a chance .
Areola isn't starting because in the opinion of most, including Moyes, Fabianski has done nothing to deserve being replaced. The defence has possibly looked better when he is in goal because, not his fault of course, the Man United game apart, he hasn't really been under that much pressure because of the quality of the opposition. Even City didn't test him too much as I recall.

Ashby is behind Coufal and Johnson, quite rightly imo, for the RWB position. Longelo is a different matter entirely and, imo, should have been tried ahead of Masuaku. Kral, I agree, is a total mystery. He has only played a few minutes for us and certainly hasn't looked out of place. He is certainly a better option than Lanzini in the Soucek role.

Not sure about Okoflex, but then again we can't be until we actually see him. He may well be tearing it up in the Under 23s but the quality of that league is a million miles away from the real deal. That said unless these players are occasionally thrown in at the deep end to see if they sink or swim we will never know. And for that matter nor will Moyes and his coaching team.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Thought I would keep quite for a few weeks, see what happens to the window.

We have needed a forward for 2 years almost
We desperately need an additional CB and a DM, to cover

I am fucking astonished, that nothing has happened, especially in the striker department

Josh king on loan, thats my guess
Covid in the Boardroom

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

jameskel wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:44 am Thought I would keep quite for a few weeks, see what happens to the window.

We have needed a forward for 2 years almost
We desperately need an additional CB and a DM, to cover

I am fucking astonished, that nothing has happened, especially in the striker department

Josh king on loan, thats my guess
The reason why we haven't signed 3 players for the positions that we are lacking - Striker, Central Defender and Left back as most of the players that David Moyes WANTED, are either blocked due to their promotion runs-in like Diaz, nothing new on Barbosa and Newcastle are itching to get him as we rare too slow to get him due to too much time meddling with cheaper deal, struggled to get a good defender and left back as all of those Moyes' wanted list are easier to get in summer than January.

It is very frustrating as I feel the same, no news, same CRAP rumours, Moyes saying "Difficult to get players in January etc"

I don't think we will get any players this month at all and Rice is getting annoyed with lacking of activity to get players to strengthen our chance to get top 4 as Moyes should have deals on players that required for our weak spots DONE by 1st or 2nd January and we would have been a healthier side by now.

This summer, we will need at least 6 to 7 players - striker (to replace Yarmolenko), Left attacking winger (to repalce Masuaku who may go), Left back (as cover for Cresswell or playing 1st team as Cresswell will be 32 to 33 next season) Central Defender x 2 (Diop need to be sold as he is NOT good enough and 1 or 2 defence midfielder as Kral is not bein used and will leave plus Noble retired.

Lots of work to do and hope to have good transfer activity and NO EXCUSES.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Can I believe what I read!?!

I read an article yesterday that stated that Andy Carroll was seen at West Ham's training ground and more alarmingly; that West Ham were considering signing him on a pay as you play deal!!!!!!!!!
Flairon