Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Newmarket

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by Newmarket »

Towie wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:35 am
OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:24 am

I was only thinking last night of posting “what I’d give for Balbuena now”.

He was preferred to Diop for much of his last season, and Diop is now a regular starter, so logic would suggest we’d be better off having kept him.
Agree, he was a decent player for us.
Had a wobbly spell when Moyes joined 2nd time, I remember his performance vs WBA (Bilic was manager) in FA Cup he was dreadful, crowd were booing him and he was hooked at half time.
But he fought back, and had a good season last year.
I think he wanted out so it was pretty mutual .
He’s playing regularly in Russia :?
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:02 am
JayK wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:54 am Makes ya wonder if it’s lazy on their part or they know something we don’t
Nice one - I'm not really an ITV smartie but if they insist...
Makes a change for me not to have to stream it with all the annoying buffering, so I’ll take it. But too many ads
COYI!!!

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:09 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 5:01 pm

Except that if they get to the final they will only miss two games against Brentford and Palace in the League and they may not have played in the cup anyway.
I thought that competition lasted up to 4 weeks. I haven't looked at Liverpool's fixtures but assumed they would potentially miss 4 weeks worth of matches.
Cup games aside, only 2

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

We keep being linked with a goalkeeper, we Have Areola , I know it's a loan with an option.

Now if rumours are to be believed, let's say this one has weight, Gerrard is interested in Randolph as a back up keeper. Wouldn't it make sense to let him go unreplaced and use his wages to compensate for Areolas?
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:49 am We keep being linked with a goalkeeper, we Have Areola , I know it's a loan with an option.

Now if rumours are to be believed, let's say this one has weight, Gerrard is interested in Randolph as a back up keeper. Wouldn't it make sense to let him go unreplaced and use his wages to compensate for Areolas?
Yes.

But what worries me is that not only does it seem we haven't really decided if we want to keep Areola but we are constantly linked with Sam Bloody Johnstone. Why on earth we would prefer him to Areola, if the rumours are true, christ only knows.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

hd1

Post by hd1 »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:02 am Yes.

But what worries me is that not only does it seem we haven't really decided if we want to keep Areola but we are constantly linked with Sam Bloody Johnstone. Why on earth we would prefer him to Areola, if the rumours are true, christ only knows.
We don't actually know whether Areola wants to stay. If he's decided he wants to leave at the end of the loan spell then we need to find a replacement, or send Randolph out on load and bring him back when Areola leaves.

Either way, I think the rumours of Moyes wanting a new keeper are the usual bullshit clickbait

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:02 am
eskimo joe wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:49 am We keep being linked with a goalkeeper, we Have Areola , I know it's a loan with an option.

Yes.

Sam Johnstone would be a be a significant downgrade. Imagine him in goal and big ears in front of him. I've thought about it and can't imagine it either.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

I can't believe we are talking about a keeper,when that is the very LEAST of our worries this season.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

hd1 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:28 am
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:02 am Yes.

We don't actually know whether Areola wants to stay. If he's decided he wants to leave at the end of the loan spell then we need to find a replacement, or send Randolph out on load and bring him back when Areola leaves.

Either way, I think the rumours of Moyes wanting a new keeper are the usual bullshit clickbait
Marca, usually a reliable media source I find, had a piece a week or so back saying that Areola was hoping to get his place back in the French squad for the world cup and was hoping to get more match time which I'm guessing could become an issue for him.

I think if we don't sign him permanently we will need another keeper to back up Fabianski as tbh I've never felt Randolph was good enough for the top level and there doesn't seem to be anything coming through from the academy on the goalkeeping front.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:11 am I can't believe we are talking about a keeper,when that is the very LEAST of our worries this season.
But the easiest one to fix if rumours are true. And its no secret that eyes have been on Johnsone. I think Moyes is well aware of our needs now, this one is a bonus should it happen, as i think it should. rather him than Johnstone or even Randolph.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest