Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
brookingslovechild

Re: Oficial January Transfer Window Thread

Post by brookingslovechild »

i hold out some (very little tbh) faith that there is something going on in the background. I seem to recall coufal and thomas arrived without much fanfare and even lingard to an extent.

If we sign no one of consequence i think moyes may feel the heat of the fans unless he outs the board, which seems highly unlikely.

It feels like a real moment in time for us, competing at the top end, in europe and FA cup , if we continue with the same players and debateable subs until summer we've really missed possibly our best opportunity in decades.

carpe diem as someone once said.
un-fucking-likely as someone else once said.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

brookingslovechild wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:03 pm i hold out some (very little tbh) faith that there is something going on in the background. I seem to recall coufal and thomas arrived without much fanfare and even lingard to an extent.

If we sign no one of consequence i think moyes may feel the heat of the fans unless he outs the board, which seems highly unlikely.

It feels like a real moment in time for us, competing at the top end, in europe and FA cup , if we continue with the same players and debateable subs until summer we've really missed possibly our best opportunity in decades.

carpe diem as someone once said.
un-fucking-likely as someone else once said.
This Carpe Diem character. Who does he play for and can he operate as a central defender, left back and striker all at once ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:09 pm Can I believe what I read!?!

I read an article yesterday that stated that Andy Carroll was seen at West Ham's training ground and more alarmingly; that West Ham were considering signing him on a pay as you play deal!!!!!!!!!
You really must stop looking at those click bait sites mate. Another example of somebody somewhere posting a load of bollocks and someone else turning it into a story.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

I read an article yesterday that stated that Andy Carroll was seen at West Ham's training ground and more alarmingly; that West Ham were considering signing him on a pay as you play deal!!!!!!!!!
What use would he be?! Don't think he suits Moyes style of play. Might have been training there but so have a few in the past who haven't signed for the club.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

h69

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:42 am Day 17, and it has never been so glaringly obvious that we have a woefully inadequate squad in term's of quality.
I doubt very much we will add quality now, just journeymen.
Like the last two windows ?

h69

Post by h69 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:52 pm

The Gonz explains exactly why West Ham will not sell Jared Bowen to Liverpool for £70M. He's very good at this type of thing, I've noticed - and if you want to know definitively, what is not going to happen, keep a beady eye on this channel
The reason is that Liverpool have not bid 70M for Bowen.

h69

Post by h69 »

We are one of 12 teams in the Premier League not to have made a signing this window so far and the only team (I think) not to let anyone go out the door.

January is not easy to be honest unless you want stop gap players that are over 30.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The long streak of piss was picking up the treatment table to take home with him for old times sake.

JayK

Post by JayK »

I imagine this window being the same as last January tbh. Not getting my hopes up coz we needed a striker then too. Expect this and be happily surprised if something does materialise
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

He could be there just to keep his fitness up. Just the media made more of the story than what it was.
COYI!!!