Zouma Injury

Chat about anything football related here!
BlackDiamond

Re: Zouma Injury

Post by BlackDiamond »

Here we go

JayK

Post by JayK »

palerider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:43 am All the rumours are pointing to a 4 month layoff.

When Oggy was diagnosed we were saying it's the one area we're ok for. Now it's not. I suspect Cresswell will be rushed back to play in a three in defence with Dawson and Diop but that leaves us no room for anything more at all even though we have some promising kids. At a stretch Kral has played there in the past.

So it has to be a loan and a permanent in January and at the very start of it as well.

I hope the groundwork is in process for it but if the dwarf's track record is anything to go by he'll be haggling over a tenner.
Are you confusing the Czech sideshow Bob with the original Brazilian sideshow Bob?
I never knew Kral has played there before…..or Soucek for that matter. I think Coufal has played there in a 3 though.
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

Where's Relegation Roger when you need him ? :lol:

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

palerider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:43 am All the rumours are pointing to a 4 month layoff.

When Oggy was diagnosed we were saying it's the one area we're ok for. Now it's not. I suspect Cresswell will be rushed back to play in a three in defence with Dawson and Diop but that leaves us no room for anything more at all even though we have some promising kids. At a stretch Kral has played there in the past.

So it has to be a loan and a permanent in January and at the very start of it as well.

I hope the groundwork is in process for it but if the dwarf's track record is anything to go by he'll be haggling over a tenner.
Hope not more than 2 months out for Zouma and hope Johnson will be back by New Year. Totally agreed that we should get a defender at earliest January transfer to be done with.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

https://www.claretandhugh.info/candh-ex ... -revealed/

Done his scan and his ligaments was snapped but no surgery required and will be out between 6 weeks to 12 weekks so that 2 to 3 months out max. Hopefully to be back by March at the earliest in time for our final third of Premier League plus Europa Cup to push on.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ibbyham wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:00 am https://www.claretandhugh.info/candh-ex ... -revealed/

Done his scan and his ligaments was snapped but no surgery required and will be out between 6 weeks to 12 weekks so that 2 to 3 months out max. Hopefully to be back by March at the earliest in time for our final third of Premier League plus Europa Cup to push on.
Very important now to make sure Dawson and Diop are wrapped in cotton wool. Hopefully we'll get to see Alese and Baptiste in CD against Zagreb.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

palerider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:20 am
Clayton wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:05 am

Could be Rice put back there :idea: , and Kral brought into the action :o .
He can obviously play there but a no-no for me. He's too important for the general team system.

Maybe it's time to see how good Alese and Baptiste are until reinforcements are drafted in.
I would agree the thought of putting Rice back in defence would totally change the dynamics of the midfield and what he can bring to the team as a whole . As for bringing in Alese shouldn't that have been done well before now , especially since Ogbonna's injury , but thought the same could have been said about playing Longelo at LB who appears to be putting in some good performances .

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:49 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:20 am
He can obviously play there but a no-no for me. He's too important for the general team system.

Maybe it's time to see how good Alese and Baptiste are until reinforcements are drafted in.
I would agree the thought of putting Rice back in defence would totally change the dynamics of the midfield and what he can bring to the team as a whole . As for bringing in Alese shouldn't that have been done well before now , especially since Ogbonna's injury , but thought the same could have been said about playing Longelo at LB who appears to be putting in some good performances .
Why did we need to give the fifth and sixth choice CBs an outing up to now ? What game should we have tried him out in ?

The step up is going to be a big one so EL is a good halfway house as it is not as quick as the PL which is far more unforgiving.

Nothing better than a dead rubber to give them a go. Does anyone know whether we have an obligation to field a strong side as DZ and Genk still have qualification to play for ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

D8EA04EB-9DA1-47EF-831E-80B136BFFEFB.jpeg
D8EA04EB-9DA1-47EF-831E-80B136BFFEFB.jpeg (18.88 KiB) Viewed 563 times
Bring back Jonathon !