Zouma Injury

Chat about anything football related here!
palerider

Re: Zouma Injury

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:04 pm
Clayton wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:49 pm

I would agree the thought of putting Rice back in defence would totally change the dynamics of the midfield and what he can bring to the team as a whole . As for bringing in Alese shouldn't that have been done well before now , especially since Ogbonna's injury , but thought the same could have been said about playing Longelo at LB who appears to be putting in some good performances .
Why did we need to give the fifth and sixth choice CBs an outing up to now ? What game should we have tried him out in ?

The step up is going to be a big one so EL is a good halfway house as it is not as quick as the PL which is far more unforgiving.

Nothing better than a dead rubber to give them a go. Does anyone know whether we have an obligation to field a strong side as DZ and Genk still have qualification to play for ?
I think that idea died out years ago.

I mean, the Vermin continue to field a reserve side in the Europa joke league.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:12 pm
h69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:04 pm

Why did we need to give the fifth and sixth choice CBs an outing up to now ? What game should we have tried him out in ?

The step up is going to be a big one so EL is a good halfway house as it is not as quick as the PL which is far more unforgiving.

Nothing better than a dead rubber to give them a go. Does anyone know whether we have an obligation to field a strong side as DZ and Genk still have qualification to play for ?

Good. Don't want to give UEFA any more reason to penalise us. I notice they have banned Rangers fans from going to Lyon because of a festival of light there FFS

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:03 am
Ibbyham wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:00 am https://www.claretandhugh.info/candh-ex ... -revealed/

Done his scan and his ligaments was snapped but no surgery required and will be out between 6 weeks to 12 weekks so that 2 to 3 months out max. Hopefully to be back by March at the earliest in time for our final third of Premier League plus Europa Cup to push on.
Very important now to make sure Dawson and Diop are wrapped in cotton wool. Hopefully we'll get to see Alese and Baptiste in CD against Zagreb.
Totally agreed as good time to see Alese, Ashy, Longelo and Baptiste in defensive line-up this Thursday which I will be watching the game on TV.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:24 pm
palerider wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:12 pm

Good. Don't want to give UEFA any more reason to penalise us. I notice they have banned Rangers fans from going to Lyon because of a festival of light there FFS
Personally speaking I would ban fans of Rangers and Celtic from going anywhere simply because they are fans of Rangers or Celtic.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?