Is West Hams small club mentality getting worse?

Chat about anything football related here!

Re: Is West Hams small club mentality getting worse?

Post by 9898 »

h69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:58 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:57 pm

Nope.
Sorry.....NO
You are the only person in the country with that opinion.
Be honest, you don't believe that.
You backed yourself into a corner with your reply, I used high level IQ and pulled a barrister-esque question out and you had no choice but to double down on your opinion even though you felt a touch embarrassed writing it.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

h69

Post by h69 »

9898 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:03 pm
h69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:58 pm

Sorry.....NO
You backed yourself into a corner with your reply, I used high level IQ and pulled a barrister-rdque question out and you had no choice but to double down on your opinion even though you felt a touch embarrassed writing it.
You asked. I told you.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

h69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:03 pm
9898 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:03 pm

You backed yourself into a corner with your reply, I used high level IQ and pulled a barrister-rdque question out and you had no choice but to double down on your opinion even though you felt a touch embarrassed writing it.
You asked. I told you.
To be clear,to be clear: The reason playing at home is seen as an advantage is because the team playing at home don't need to travel for it and being at home brings comfortable familiarity. It has little to do with the customers attending.

The 20/21 season was real in every sense of the word competitively. It just looked different is all. And when things look different it confuses the hell out of some peeps. Some people never recover...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

9898 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 2:48 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:41 am

Answer this question.

Taking everything into consideration eg ownership,finances, fighting relegation...DO YOU THINK THAT WEST HAM HAVE OVER ACHIEVED IN THE PAST 18 MONTHS?

I think if you polled all other 19 PL Club's fans,I think,well I know,it would be in the high 90's,percentage wise...Maybe 98%?The other 2% who voted,would be either idiots, wind up merchants or somebody who knows nothing about football...I take it,you'll be in that 2%. category? :lol:
18 months.
Like most football people we don't count the non season that should have been last season.
This season. Its December. Too early to judge. I'm old enough to remember the common phrase in football 'West Ham come down with the Christmas decorations'.
But the usual suspects finished in the TOP 4.

By the way,this time last year we had 5 points less,scored less goals and conceded more.Still had a great season though,but we are even better now,we are playing REAL football. :lol:

Post by 9898 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:17 pm

18 months.
Like most football people we don't count the non season that should have been last season.
This season. Its December. Too early to judge. I'm old enough to remember the common phrase in football 'West Ham come down with the Christmas decorations'.

By the way,this time last year we had 5 points less,scored less goals and conceded more.Still had a great season though,but we are even better now,we are playing REAL football. :lol:
I didnt realise you missed the Chelsea game.
Please watching then come back.
You will see we didn't play real football. No. We played scared football. From minute one Moyes set up not to lose. The type of football that West Ham fans have mocked previously when other teams played it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

18 months.

Indeed, you are right.

But with Ogbonna out, potentially Zouma & Johnson sidelined for a while. There is no chance in hell we will finish the season as we have started our quality of squad depth is what will let us down.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Towie

Post by Towie »

9898 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:08 pm

You will see we didn't play real football. No. We played scared football. From minute one Moyes set up not to lose. The type of football that West Ham fans have mocked previously when other teams played it.
That was first half Numbnuts, 2nd half we bullied them and deserved to win in the end.

Next time watch the game with an adult who can explain to you what is going on.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Post by 9898 »

Towie wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:10 pm
That was first half Numbnuts, 2nd half we bullied them and deserved to win in the end.

Next time watch the game with an adult who can explain to you what is going on.
I guess we all see games differently. Some of us even manage to watch and give an impartial view of the game.

h69

Post by h69 »

But we won the game and missed a sitter at the end for 4-2. I'd take that any day. You must be gutted

hd1

Post by hd1 »

9898 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:22 pm I guess we all see games differently. Some of us even manage to watch and give an impartial view of the game.
I don't know of any fan watching their own side that gives an impartial view.

Of course when you are watching 2 teams that you don't support then it's a different story.

You must be gutted we're even more successful, in what you call a real season, than we did last :lol: