Is West Hams small club mentality getting worse?

Chat about anything football related here!
h69

Re: Is West Hams small club mentality getting worse?

Post by h69 »

garnett wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:41 am
hd1 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:44 pm

Well then, what's his mindset now you've seen the team?
I was pleasantly surprised at the amount starting and the length of game time, they all acquitted themselves superbly imo. I think they would've learned more than he did, they played because he didn't have a lot of choice. That said Declan was thrown in the deep end in the same circumstances.
We may see a couple of them on the bench now due to their performance.
I am still hopeful we buy a top class center half January.
Rosa was on the bench v Chelsea so it's already started.

I hope we only loan a CB in Jan. Would like to not block the boys coming through unless they prove to not be good enough.

Whiskyman

Re: Is West Hams small club mentality getting worse?

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:54 pm
garnett wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:41 am

I was pleasantly surprised at the amount starting and the length of game time, they all acquitted themselves superbly imo. I think they would've learned more than he did, they played because he didn't have a lot of choice. That said Declan was thrown in the deep end in the same circumstances.
We may see a couple of them on the bench now due to their performance.
I am still hopeful we buy a top class center half January.
Rosa was on the bench v Chelsea so it's already started.

I hope we only loan a CB in Jan. Would like to not block the boys coming through unless they prove to not be good enough.
Totally agree about the loan idea. If we can bring in a genuine top class defender, Rudiger as an example, then fine, sign him permanently, but please, no more Redknapp-esque stop gap, bare bones, signings just for their own sake.

And before some smart arse starts picking the bones out of whether or not we should sign Rudiger I'm only using him as an example because his contract is up in June. My choice, if we can bring him in would be Nathan Ake.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?