Fabs

Chat about anything football related here!
garnett

Re: Fabs

Post by garnett »

Goalkeeper's eh, who would be one, he has been a great servant for us, easily forgotten.
How many year's has Areola been on loan ?
Must be a reason don't you think.

If we really want to keep our captain he needs players of the same calibre around him in every position, with the new investment we can change our club's attitude

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

If Fabs would have saved their first goal,it would have been save of the season..Entirely Antonio's fault,nobody else.

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Antonio was at fault - agreed, Fabianski wasn't set in time either. Don't know if Areola would have got close but that doesn't change the fact.

Beaten at your near post - always keepers fault

As I said, been a great goalkeeper for us but everyone has their time and the mere fact we are discussing this again, as we were in the summer, means that time is not far away. Fabs has retired from International football - his best days are behind him

Is that now or in the near future? Well Moyes has made so many right calls in the last 18 months he has proven a better judge than most

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:38 am I read the Independent yesterday in parts.

Although it's political leaning has me puking, it's not bad for sport and it had a long piece about the plastics game. In which the writer said Mendy's cock-ups were mirrored with Fabianski being at fault for both goals.

Silva lost his marker (Antonio) for the first and maybe a more agile (i.e. younger) keeper could have saved the header. And when a keeper is beaten at his near post there are always question marks although it was a great strike by Mount. I'm not sure about the that one. Every now and then even the very best can't do anything about a first-time strike.

But maybe it's time to give Areola a run ?
Cant agree with them at all. The first would make me wonder why Antonio was even marking Silva given we had three CBs on the pitch but he lost him

The second was hit first time and cushioned just inside the post. It was a terrific goal and I would imagine the obvious volley would have been to leather it across too the far post so because it was hit first time I dont think anyone would have saved that.

As for the Mendy mistakes. The first was a total cockup and is yet again another example of someone trying to play out from the back for the sake of it. 'When in doubt, kick it out'. I think he was trying to save the corner as they were terrified of us having any.

And the second, he was off his line and while the ball seemed to bend in at the end but he had warnings earlier that the players had seen him off his line. It was a lucky goal but Fab would have saved that as he tends not to wander out like that. I noticed the Brighton goalkeeper doing the same as well.

There is absolutely no reason to change Fabianski at present. Personally I think both keepers have different attributes but neither is better than the other overall.

palerider

Post by palerider »

h69 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:43 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:38 am I read the Independent yesterday in parts.

Although it's political leaning has me puking, it's not bad for sport and it had a long piece about the plastics game. In which the writer said Mendy's cock-ups were mirrored with Fabianski being at fault for both goals.

Silva lost his marker (Antonio) for the first and maybe a more agile (i.e. younger) keeper could have saved the header. And when a keeper is beaten at his near post there are always question marks although it was a great strike by Mount. I'm not sure about the that one. Every now and then even the very best can't do anything about a first-time strike.

But maybe it's time to give Areola a run ?
Cant agree with them at all. The first would make me wonder why Antonio was even marking Silva given we had three CBs on the pitch but he lost him

The second was hit first time and cushioned just inside the post. It was a terrific goal and I would imagine the obvious volley would have been to leather it across too the far post so because it was hit first time I dont think anyone would have saved that.

As for the Mendy mistakes. The first was a total cockup and is yet again another example of someone trying to play out from the back for the sake of it. 'When in doubt, kick it out'. I think he was trying to save the corner as they were terrified of us having any.

And the second, he was off his line and while the ball seemed to bend in at the end but he had warnings earlier that the players had seen him off his line. It was a lucky goal but Fab would have saved that as he tends not to wander out like that. I noticed the Brighton goalkeeper doing the same as well.

There is absolutely no reason to change Fabianski at present. Personally I think both keepers have different attributes but neither is better than the other overall.
Moyes out.

h69

Post by h69 »

palerider wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:48 pm
h69 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:43 pm

Moyes out.
BFS in

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:20 pm
palerider wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:48 pm

Moyes out.
BFS in
You have to begin the rebuild somewhere :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

On the day who fucked up the most? Fabs or bendy mendy? Mount's goal was a perfectly placed side footed volley. Not many keepers would have saved that.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

h69

Post by h69 »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:47 am On the day who fucked up the most? Fabs or bendy mendy? Mount's goal was a perfectly placed side footed volley. Not many keepers would have saved that.
Spot on

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:47 am On the day who fucked up the most? Fabs or bendy mendy? Mount's goal was a perfectly placed side footed volley. Not many keepers would have saved that.
Correct imo. Mendy has proved he's a top class keeper but he well and truly screwed the pooch last weekend. No clamour for him to be replaced from the Chelsea fans from what I can gather so why are some of us suggesting Fabianski is replaced ? There's a good case for him having been our MOTM against City and Wolves imo.

Areola's time will come. At least I hope it does at some point because I am getting increasingly concerned with the constant suggestions that we are looking at making a move for Sam Bloody Johnstone.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?