West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

h69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:50 am
Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:49 am

Didn't mention anything about it being depressing , just horrible to watch :? :roll: .
Yeah that must be why no one was celebrating and it was so quiet, everyone looked totally depressed. I expect half the ground empty next match and a call for BFS back because of the horrible football we are playing.
First half we were atrocious at times , the fact Bowen was on the pitch and he was able to take advantage of a situation no one else could have ( his dertermination ) , made all the difference . Changes had to be made ( for the best ) which were not planned with the injuries and those changes brought about a different tempo/tactic to the game . We deserved the result in the end , because we were the better side for at least the last 20 minutes , and what ever you say about that ball from Masuaku into the box be it a cross or a shot , it don't go in if it's not put in there , you take advantage of the situation at hand , call it luck whatever , by that time we were all ecstatic with the win . We are improving every match as a squad , no one can deny that , just look at were we are in the league and europe how can anyone not be happy . But after all is said and done we should still be able to discuss how players especially are performing or what the Boss is putting out on the pitch match days and how they are set up . How many were happy with Antonio's performance 1st half ? , should he have started ? , could he not have been brought on second half ? .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:37 am

Just as we are able to change tactics to win games so are the opposition, its normally a combination of both. They were the best team I have seen this season. Not as elegant as city but created far more danger in the box. Yes, they are not so clinical but the way they play more direct than City and the Scouse tests the back 4 a lot which seemed to pass the test in the main

The best teams do tend to be at the top of the table.

But you are right of course, it was horrible to watch and very depressing. I noted everyone walking out of the stadium with their heads down bemoaning how we were lucky to win, it was all about Chelsea's mistakes and we may be in for a relegation scrap. it was like a morgue mate......

:roll:
Didn't mention anything about it being depressing , just horrible to watch :? :roll: .
A HORRIBLE WATCH?

Chelsea are European Champions and League leaders(Saturday 12 30).They are an outstanding team..There are 3 of them in the PL,who could easy be Champion's League winners this season.We are there to beat them and get 3 points.nothing else.So we have to beat them in the way Moyes thinks best.

I will leave you with this.

Chelsea and Liverpool have lost 3 games in 30 PL between them...We account for 2 of them loses.(66.6%)

Chelsea and Liverpool have conceded 3 goals in a game just 3 times in 44 games this season.We account for 2 of them.(66.6%).
Last edited by terrya1965 on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

h69

Post by h69 »

Clayton wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:08 am
h69 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:50 am

Yeah that must be why no one was celebrating and it was so quiet, everyone looked totally depressed. I expect half the ground empty next match and a call for BFS back because of the horrible football we are playing.
How many were happy with Antonio's performance 1st half ? , should he have started ? , could he not have been brought on second half ? .
I was happy. He gave their defenders and GK the jitters and set us up nicely for the second half to win the game. You make your own luck. Not at his best but was up against one of the best CBs in the league and still gave him a problem. Thats all I ask of Antonio.

Also made a run up front that gave Arthur the space to get that ball in at the end.
Last edited by h69 on Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

h69

Post by h69 »

terrya1965 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:25 am

A HORRIBLE WATCH?

Chelsea are European Champions and League leaders(Saturday 12 30).They are an outstanding team..There are 3 of them in the PL,who could easy be Champion's League winners this season.We are there to beat them and get 3 points.nothing else.So we have to beat in the way Moyes thinks best.

I will leave you with this.

Chelsea and Liverpool have lost 3 games in 30 PL between them...We account for 2 of them loses.(66.6%)

Chelsea and Liverpool have conceded 3 goals in a game just 3 times in 44 games this season.We account for 2 of them.(66.6%).
I know Terry, the expectation that we should beat the champions of Europe and its just luck if we do :lol:

I must have been at a different game as it was a terrific game, full of incident and was exciting. I love watching us go toe to toe with the best teams in Europe. It beats a shit game v Oxford or Wigan that's for sure. Was great seeing Jorginho (3rd in the Ballon d'Or) struggle to contain Bowen, Rice and Soucek.

But look, if Captain hindsight wants to go back and say what he would have done differently that is his prerogative. He is a most impressive manager of teams the day after a result but I am still celebrating.