West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:09 am Originally wasn't going to bother but different thoughts this morning , want us to do what we can to rectify our poor form so for me the team I would like to see ;
Areola
Coufal - Zouma - Diop - Cresswell
Rice - Soucek
Bowen - Vlasic - Fornals
Perkins
Areola better distribution and speed of thought , I do like Johnson but just feel at the moment Coufal offers more going forward , Zouma and Diop looked good together and are both french as is the keeper , Cresswell our best attacking LB but not the best defensively so Fornals in on the left Wing to cover him ( I hate doing this but we do not have a LB or Wing good enough to play ) . Vlasic as the number ten ( I really want to see what he can offer over 90 minutes in his best position ) , and to top it off we bring in the youngster Perkins in place of Antonio .
Really didn't want to change the starting eleven to much , though in my eyes changes should have been made to certain personnel some time ago by Moyes , and we wouldn't have come to the point .
Can't disagree with too much of your overall analysis. BUT
Fabianski has done nothing to deserve losing his place. In fact in the Wolves and City matches he saved us from heavier defeats.
Fornals, at least imo, is too good a player to waste his talents playing him wide to cover for a defensively inadequate LB.

But I would certainly play Vlasic or Lasnzini ahead of Benrahma and Perkins is worth a shout if only to give Antonio a kick up the arse. And Diop is a must imo as Chelsea play predominantly on the ground which is not Dawson's strongest suit. Sadly, whatever team we put out I can't see us getting anything from the game. Nothing to do with tactics or team selection. Simply that we have to realise that Chelsea are one of the teams in the PL who undoubtedly have a far superior playing squad to us.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

garnett

Post by garnett »

Morning, I don't think there will be many changes apart from Benrahma, who he subs or drops as soon as he can. As for Lanzini, he has been suffering the same treatment, I predict if he finally signs his long lost son both will leave our club and they are both better.

Not looking forward to this game, will be difficult viewing.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

garnett wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:42 am Morning, I don't think there will be many changes apart from Benrahma, who he subs or drops as soon as he can. As for Lanzini, he has been suffering the same treatment, I predict if he finally signs his long lost son both will leave our club and they are both better.

Not looking forward to this game, will be difficult viewing.
Still think we have the players to cause them problems on our day , especially if Moyes can get the selection right ( can't deny we are lacking in a couple of areas but we have fighters in the squad who can do themselves and us proud today ) , lets just hope Chelsea are below par .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:59 am
Clayton wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:09 am Originally wasn't going to bother but different thoughts this morning , want us to do what we can to rectify our poor form so for me the team I would like to see ;
Areola
Coufal - Zouma - Diop - Cresswell
Rice - Soucek
Bowen - Vlasic - Fornals
Perkins
Areola better distribution and speed of thought , I do like Johnson but just feel at the moment Coufal offers more going forward , Zouma and Diop looked good together and are both french as is the keeper , Cresswell our best attacking LB but not the best defensively so Fornals in on the left Wing to cover him ( I hate doing this but we do not have a LB or Wing good enough to play ) . Vlasic as the number ten ( I really want to see what he can offer over 90 minutes in his best position ) , and to top it off we bring in the youngster Perkins in place of Antonio .
Really didn't want to change the starting eleven to much , though in my eyes changes should have been made to certain personnel some time ago by Moyes , and we wouldn't have come to the point .
Fabianski has done nothing to deserve losing his place. In fact in the Wolves and City matches he saved us from heavier defeats.
Fornals, at least imo, is too good a player to waste his talents playing him wide to cover for a defensively inadequate LB.

But I would certainly play Vlasic or Lasnzini ahead of Benrahma and Perkins is worth a shout if only to give Antonio a kick up the arse. And Diop is a must imo as Chelsea play predominantly on the ground which is not Dawson's strongest suit. Sadly, whatever team we put out I can't see us getting anything from the game. Nothing to do with tactics or team selection. Simply that we have to realise that Chelsea are one of the teams in the PL who undoubtedly have a far superior playing squad to us.
We have a chance just like in any match , just need things to go our way Antonio needs to find his mojo and sort his feet out and remember he is our striker , Benrahma to find his confidence and vision , Bowen to take some Valium when in front of goal , Fornals to just worry about providing the impetus/creativity in attack and for Chelsea to be firing blanks . And to top it off both Antonio and Lanzini love a London derby .

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:24 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:59 am

We have a chance just like in any match , just need things to go our way Antonio needs to find his mojo and sort his feet out and remember he is our striker , Benrahma to find his confidence and vision , Bowen to take some Valium when in front of goal , Fornals to just worry about providing the impetus/creativity in attack and for Chelsea to be firing blanks . And to top it off both Antonio and Lanzini love a London derby .
Of course there's always a chance but, as you've indicated, for us to get anything from the game will require us to bring our "A" game to the party and for Chelsea, as you say, to fire blanks. One thing we most certainly don't want to do imo is to try and go toe to toe with them. If we do that there will only be one outcome and it won't end well for us. There are, at least imo, three outstanding teams in the PL this season who are light years ahead of the rest, and we managed to beat one of them a few weeks back, so there's always hope. We have made progress. That is undeniable because 3 or 4 seasons ago we wouldn't have been discussing the possibility of us winning but arguing over how heavy the margin of defeat was likely to be.

brookingslovechild

Post by brookingslovechild »

Off to see one of my girls perform in orchestra followed by taking my staff out for Xmas in Manchester….I feel these things maybe more enjoyable then watching this game.

Chelsea are 15-20yrs of investment ahead of us and if lukaku plays he will score. I know I know we beat liverpool but we were at our peak and haven’t been since.

Some winnable games coming up in Dec, just dont think this is one of them.

Oh and bizzare team selection for me? No fornals?
Last edited by brookingslovechild on Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Moyes Going for a back 3 , 🤣🤣🤣
Fabianski
Dawson - Zouma - Diop
Coufal - Rice - Soucek - Johnson
Bowen - Lanzini
Antonio .

Subs Areola - Masuaku - Noble - Kral - Vlasic - Fornals - Yarmolenko - Benrahma

No Perkins or CB on the bench .

Really worried by Mount running at Dawson .

Really like Joe Cole but he talks as much shite as me .
Last edited by Clayton on Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Clayton wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:17 pm Moyes Going for a back 3 ,
Fabianski
Dawson - Zouma - Diop
Bowen - Lanzini
Antonio .

No Fornals = no creativity. Incomprehensible decision against the, arguably, best defensively organised team in the league.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:24 pm
Clayton wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 12:17 pm Moyes Going for a back 3 ,
Fabianski
Dawson - Zouma - Diop
Bowen - Lanzini
Antonio .

No Fornals = no creativity. Incomprehensible decision against the, arguably, best defensively organised team in the league.
Moyes doesn't do creativity , it's all about hard work , determination and energy , anything else is a bonus .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

This back 3 is likely to end up being a back 7. Not really setting Chelsea a problem.

I don't like playing for a draw