West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Ibbyham

West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Ibbyham »

Following our disappointed result against Brighton whom is my number 1 most hated team, more than Tottenham as we do have some win against Spurs. Antonio was very poor and need to do better and hope to get a striker in January. Benrahma need to do better as I wasn't impressed with those 2 and Lanzini who came was much better and gave us something in attack so he MUST start in place of ineffective Benrahma and hope Perkins can come in 2nd half in place of out of sort Antonio. Cresswell should be back by then and hope that he will give us something.

Squad:

Fabianski

Johnson
Zouma
Dawson/Diop
Cresswell

Soucek
Spicy Ricey

Bowen
Lanzini
Fornals

Antonio

Chelsea is a very tough team to beat, more than Liverpool but we need to do better and STOP inviting teams like the scum Brighton doing all the possession and attacking that bore me.

COYI whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham vs Chelsea Official Match Thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Imo we’ll get sod all from this game so it might be a good time to drop or rest, depending on your take, the main underperformers. Vlasic needs to have a game, as does Kral imo. Lanzini, was arguably our best outfield player and deserves a start. And ffs against Chelsea (Havertz & Pulisic) play Diop instead of Dawson.

;
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

Benny HAS to be dropped to the bench on his performance against Brighton.
44 touches and lost possession 17 times with a passing percentage of just 57% found their target. Lanzini must replace him in the starting 11

Towie

Post by Towie »

Since Dawson has come into side we have looked vulnerable defensively, time for Diop.

I would drop Benrahma for Lanzini, who has looked very good when he has come on.

Bring in Vlasic for Antonio, and play Bowen up top.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Cheers Ibbs 👍
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Originally wasn't going to bother but different thoughts this morning , want us to do what we can to rectify our poor form so for me the team I would like to see ;
Areola
Coufal - Zouma - Diop - Cresswell
Rice - Soucek
Bowen - Vlasic - Fornals
Perkins
Areola better distribution and speed of thought , I do like Johnson but just feel at the moment Coufal offers more going forward , Zouma and Diop looked good together and are both french as is the keeper , Cresswell our best attacking LB but not the best defensively so Fornals in on the left Wing to cover him ( I hate doing this but we do not have a LB or Wing good enough to play ) . Vlasic as the number ten ( I really want to see what he can offer over 90 minutes in his best position ) , and to top it off we bring in the youngster Perkins in place of Antonio .
Really didn't want to change the starting eleven to much , though in my eyes changes should have been made to certain personnel some time ago by Moyes , and we wouldn't have come to the point .

Ibbyham

Post by Ibbyham »

Bad news that Chelsea N'Golo Kante is back tomorrow and Cresswell may not play as he is still not ready yet as some reports saying plus C & H so I have to wait for the line-up tomorrow. I hope Lanzini will start in place of ineffective Benrahma whom he is very similar of Anderson as both Benrahma and Anderson always easily closed down by opponents defences.

If Cressie is out, then Johnson on left and Coufal on right side.
"I am always correct", but "if I am wrong", please refer to the first phrase.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:09 am Originally wasn't going to bother but different thoughts this morning , want us to do what we can to rectify our poor form so for me the team I would like to see ;
Areola
Rice - Soucek
Bowen - Vlasic - Fornals
Perkins
Areola better distribution and speed of thought , I do like Johnson but just feel at the moment Coufal offers more going forward , Zouma and Diop looked good together and are both french as is the keeper , Cresswell our best attacking LB but not the best defensively so Fornals in on the left Wing to cover him ( I hate doing this but we do not have a LB or Wing good enough to play ) . Vlasic as the number ten ( I really want to see what he can offer over 90 minutes in his best position ) , and to top it off we bring in the youngster Perkins in place of Antonio .
Really didn't want to change the starting eleven to much , though in my eyes changes should have been made to certain personnel some time ago by Moyes , and we wouldn't have come to the point .
I agree with that line up Clay except I’d play Lanzini in front of Rice and Soucek ( I know he may need a rest but Moyes ? Against Chelsea ?) and play the other 3 in the false 9 thing .
Bring back Jonathon !

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:51 pm
Clayton wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:09 am Originally wasn't going to bother but different thoughts this morning , want us to do what we can to rectify our poor form so for me the team I would like to see ;
Areola
Rice - Soucek
Bowen - Vlasic - Fornals
Perkins
I agree with that line up Clay except I’d play Lanzini in front of Rice and Soucek ( I know he may need a rest but Moyes ? Against Chelsea ?) and play the other 3 in the false 9 thing .
I can see the reasoning behind the inclusion of Lanzini , if he was the same player he was , but I am not convinced he is a 90 minute player anymore and as good as he once was , what is it 4/5 seasons ago he had that Cruciate Ligament Rupture and he has never been the same since , and he wasn't exactly the fitness player before that if memory serves me right .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Clayton wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 4:07 pm
Newmarket wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 3:51 pm

I can see the reasoning behind the inclusion of Lanzini , if he was the same player he was , but I am not convinced he is a 90 minute player anymore and as good as he once was , what is it 4/5 seasons ago he had that Cruciate Ligament Rupture and he has never been the same since , and he wasn't exactly the fitness player before that if memory serves me right .
18/19 season. He seems to be getting back though .
Bring back Jonathon !